Tommy Cryer - THIS JUST IN

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Tommy Cryer - THIS JUST IN

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Tommy's on YouTube with this little gem of a claim:
My bar has given me a clean bill of health on the issue and no one has asked me for a dime in taxes. My account shows a zero balance. In fact, I've sued them.

But the risks involved are exactly why I don't tell people to cease filing. Pay the beast as tribute if not as a tax and stay free to fight another year. I've given you a way to fight without any risk.
This was after I pointed out that he's still liable for those taxes and that he's in all probability going to be disbarred. Shall we start the betting board, Quatloosians?
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Re: Tommy Cryer - THIS JUST IN

Post by Dezcad »

Doktor Avalanche wrote:Tommy's on YouTube with this little gem of a claim:
My bar has given me a clean bill of health on the issue and no one has asked me for a dime in taxes. My account shows a zero balance. In fact, I've sued them.

But the risks involved are exactly why I don't tell people to cease filing. Pay the beast as tribute if not as a tax and stay free to fight another year. I've given you a way to fight without any risk.
This was after I pointed out that he's still liable for those taxes and that he's in all probability going to be disbarred. Shall we start the betting board, Quatloosians?
Do you have a link for that exchange?
Doktor Avalanche

Yes, of course, my friends...come join in the reindeer games!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=l5Of8M1MZJQ
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Doktor Avalanche

Doktor Avalanche

This gets even better....

Tommy has removed my posts stating that he's going to end up paying those taxes he owes and that he's going to get disbarred. I believe he's also blocked me from further posting.

The truth hurts, Mr. Cryer.

Well, Quatloosians, I managed to piss off Tommy Cryer. Surely I have earned my bones.
Last edited by Doktor Avalanche on Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jg
Fed Chairman of the Quatloosian Reserve

Post by jg »

Is there any record of a disciplinary hearing or other inquiry?

Just curious (as it seems quite quick for such organizations).
“Where there is an income tax, the just man will pay more and the unjust less on the same amount of income.” — Plato
Doktor Avalanche

jg wrote:

There is, including an appearance before the bar disciplinary committee for professional neglect. His excuses for his behavior ranged from claiming mental illness to severe financial issues.

That last bit kills me. That's a lot like the kid who murders his parents and then throws himself on the mercy of the court because he's an orphan.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

jg wrote:

On the contrary, the local bar is more than willing to give anyone a clean bill of health should they be willing to cough up a sizable tip. And if you're lucky you can get a prostate exam for free...but only in certain bars.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

So that's why Webhick has been seen going into bars in drag. But you really should give ESO his tail back once you don't need the mustache anymore.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

For reasons known only to herself, she tries to get one as often as possible.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
webhick

Post by webhick »

grixit wrote:For reasons known only to herself, she tries to get one as often as possible.
Not since they invented probing. I highly recommend it for a good time on a Saturday night.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Weirdest thread ever....not to mention more than a little disturbing.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

Someone is chasin' my tail to do what?

Ever since they stopped selling bottle brushes in the dime store everyone wants me to loan out my tail for cylindrical cavity dusting or "costume party" novelty. :roll:
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Well, I won't be needing my lunch now....ugh... :shock:
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Doktor Avalanche

CaptainKickback wrote: Tommy Cryer, attorney in Louisiana as I recall, what are the odds that he will actually face disbarment for his actions? Or are the mopral and ethical guidelines for attorneys a whole lot fuzzier down amongst the parishes?

More importantly, would he even attend his own disbarment hearing and if disbarred, would he continue practicing law without a license?
Braggard! :wink:

But seriously, folks, CK does raise a very interesting and pertinent question: what are the odds that Cryer is going to be disbarred even taking into account that this is Louisiana we're talking about?
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

Entirely possible that he paid (post-acquittal) all delinquent tax, penalty and interest so as to be able to accurately claim that "no one has asked me for a dime in taxes" as no one would do so since he wouldn't have a balance due.

Which might work well with the local bar, too.

Then again, perhaps the IRS just hasn't gotten around to asking him to cough it up.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Doktor Avalanche

. wrote:Entirely possible that he paid (post-acquittal) all delinquent tax, penalty and interest so as to be able to accurately claim that "no one has asked me for a dime in taxes" as no one would do so since he wouldn't have a balance due.

Which might work well with the local bar, too.

Then again, perhaps the IRS just hasn't gotten around to asking him to cough it up.
I wonder how hard it would be to find out if he had.

Oh, Demo.... :twisted:
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

The quote from Tommy Cryer is:
My account shows a zero balance
I think this may have been discussed a while back in another thread. I can't recall whether statutory notices of deficiency (90 day letters) have already been issued on the involved tax years. At any rate, I think it could be theoretically possible that the process simply has not yet reached the point of assessment of tax.

If the taxes have not yet been assessed for any given account (e.g., Cryer's Form 1040 account on the IRS books for year "xxx whatever"), then the account for that year would indeed show a "zero balance," essentially. This would just mean that the tax liability hadn't been booked by the IRS yet.

For any year for which Cryer has not yet filed a return, that's a possibility (even if the IRS prepared 6020(b) returns for Cryer).

If the tax for any year has not yet been formally assessed (booked by the IRS), Cryer would be denotatively correct to say his "account" (for each year in question) showed a zero balance -- but such a statement would of course be misleading.

So, does anyone know or recall where Cryer and the IRS were in the civil side of the process when the criminal investigation started? Does anyone know whether the taxes in question, for the years in question, have been assessed by the IRS yet?
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Doktor Avalanche

A friend of mine over at YouTube has also been banned from Cryer's forum. Apparently he had the gall to point out Cryer's ignorance on the 16th Amendment, and correctly I might add.

Anyway, he's coming here at my invitation. He thinks Quatloos is insanely great and wants to be a part of it.

Apparently there is accounting for taste.
webhick

Post by webhick »

Doktor Avalanche wrote:Anyway, he's coming here at my invitation. He thinks Quatloos is insanely great and wants to be a part of it.
/me readies the paddles.