Tommy Cryer - THIS JUST IN

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

webhick wrote:
Doktor Avalanche wrote:Anyway, he's coming here at my invitation. He thinks Quatloos is insanely great and wants to be a part of it.
/me readies the paddles.
By all means, dear - let us give him a warm, Quatloosian welcome.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Doktor Avalanche wrote:
webhick wrote:
Doktor Avalanche wrote:Anyway, he's coming here at my invitation. He thinks Quatloos is insanely great and wants to be a part of it.
/me readies the paddles.
Oh, a warm welcome. Let me just put those paddles away. Has he ever been pelted with yellow and pink marshmallow chicks? Suffice to say, would he enjoy being the next victim of the peep gun?
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

webhick wrote:
Doktor Avalanche wrote:
webhick wrote: /me readies the paddles.
Oh, a warm welcome. Let me just put those paddles away. Has he ever been pelted with yellow and pink marshmallow chicks? Suffice to say, would he enjoy being the next victim of the peep gun?
Considering he's been my right hand man dealing with the special needs children on YouTube, the Peep Gun(TM) would be heavenly.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

This board is getting more weird with each passing year.

Perhaps it's just compensating for the growing paucity of TP gurus and will ultimately morph into an Illuminati humor board or somesuch.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
webhick

Post by webhick »

. wrote:This board is getting more weird with each passing year.

Perhaps it's just compensating for the growing paucity of TP gurus and will ultimately morph into an Illuminati humor board or somesuch.
Sorry. I'll tone it down.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

To answer the question (as best I know):

If there were no notices of deficiency for the years in question, it is entirely correct to say, the account balance shows "zero."

When a criminal investigation is commenced, the civil investigation stops. It is shown on the master file as a "Z" freeze and means the amounts will not be determined by notices of deficiency, etc.

This often confuses tax protesters (or lulls them into thinking they're not being targeted) by showing there's no money due but they're being investigated for possible criminal charges.

So the answer is most likely, "It hasn't happened yet. The civil charges are yet to come."
webhick

Post by webhick »

ASITStands wrote:This often confuses tax protesters (or lulls them into thinking they're not being targeted) by showing there's no money due but they're being investigated for possible criminal charges.
And then when the charges come down, they scream about how they're being arrested over "nothing".
ASITStands wrote:So the answer is most likely, "It hasn't happened yet. The civil charges are yet to come."
I can't wait, if only so the gasbag can't intentionally mislead people into thinking he doesn't owe the IRS anything. Oh, I forgot, civil charges won't stop him from lying or continuing to mislead his sheep by saying that the civil charges are only retaliation for winning* against the IRS.

*If you define winning as beating a willful failure to file charge, which only actually wiggles you out of jail time, not the actual taxes.
Investor

Post by Investor »

As goofy as Cryer is, you have to feel sorry for him on some level. This is a guy who had the world by the tail at one point in time and has struggled with mental illness, chemical dependency and the stresses associated with starting a law practice with, what would seem, insufficient financial expertise to manage a business.

Cryer was reprimanded back in the early 1980's for neglect of client matters. At that time, a shrink offered his opinion to the Louisiana Attorney Discipline Board that he believed Cryer suffered from a serious depressive illness. I'm sure Cryer has struggled with depression, and the side-effects of the medications prescribed for that depression, ever since.

http://www.ladb.org/NXT/gateway.dll/?f= ... b:ladbview
Disilloosianed

Post by Disilloosianed »

Probably true, Investor, but I have known a good number of my fellow attorneys who have suffered depression and a variety of other problems without turning into crooks. On the other hand, mental disorders do not make life any easier, so maybe a small amount of slack is due.