Snipes is in the hands of the jury

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Mr. Mephistopheles wrote:
Doktor Avalanche wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:I have *soooo* much to report...
I've been so bored I've taken to calling Tommy Cryer an idiot to his face and getting banned from his YouTube forum.
Following your lead I schooled him on the 16th Amendment. For some reason he wasn't very receptive of my comments to his posts. He said I couldn't play anymore. :(
And for that reason alone songs of your heroic deeds should be sung throughout the Quatloosian kingdom.

It truly is a dark day for Tommy when you have to school him on Constitutional procedure and law.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

LPC wrote:
Evil Squirrel Overlord wrote:It took the Legion of Doom and all the Super Friends to subdue him and get him into the Metropolis rehab where he finds Jesus.
I didn't know that Jesus had been lost.
It had to do wth a short experiement with "Bible Man Comix" published by Pat Robertson where Bible Man battled the Illuminati for souls. Jack Chick reportedly drew several of the characters. The comic was bought but had an unsuccessful run and this was the issue where they tried to tie the stories together to save "Bible-Man" but too many kids were working on deciphering Duran-Duran Lyrics and the project failed.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Post by Mr. Mephistopheles »

wserra wrote:
I wasn't aware that Mephistopheles ever played.

Welcome to Q, though. We never play either. Our chief weapon is surprise.
You're quite right. Trifling with The Prince of Darkness is unacceptable. :twisted:
Doktor Avalanche

Comes now the living, breathing man, illegally incarcerated Third Party, known as Eddie Ray: Khan (Petitioner) not EDDIE RAY KAHN...
Wow. Just...wow. Someone's been reading from Wollfe playbook.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Duke2Earl
Eighth Operator of the Delusional Mooloo

Post by Duke2Earl »

wserra wrote: Our chief weapon is surprise.
I categorically refuse your blatant attempt to divert this thread into Monty Python jokes. That tactic is beneath even the Spanish Inquisition.
My choice early in life was to either be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politican. And to tell the truth there's hardly any difference.

Harry S Truman
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Doktor Avalanche wrote: And for that reason alone songs of your heroic deeds should be sung throughout the Quatloosian kingdom.

It truly is a dark day for Tommy when you have to school him on Constitutional procedure and law.
Assemble the minstrels and commence!

It is sad that Tommy C. "graduated with honors" and doesn't know how to read plain written English. Hmmm, I'm going out on a limb here, but do you suppose that maybe, just maybe, he's just making up his nonsense?
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Doktor Avalanche wrote: And for that reason alone songs of your heroic deeds should be sung throughout the Quatloosian kingdom.

It is sad that Tommy C. "graduated with honors" and doesn't know how to read plain written English. Hmmm, I'm going out on a limb here, but do you suppose that maybe, just maybe, he's just making up his nonsense?
He might very well believe it. He has some mental issues (see supra) This might be why he won his case, he's mentally at the point where he believes his own lies. He's not the same person who graduated with honors.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Investor

Post by Investor »

This is something I recently posted to the thread about Tommy C:
As goofy as Cryer is, you have to feel sorry for him on some level. This is a guy who had the world by the tail at one point in time and has struggled with mental illness, chemical dependency and the stresses associated with starting a law practice with, what would seem, insufficient financial expertise to manage a business.

Cryer was reprimanded back in the early 1980's for neglect of client matters. At that time, a shrink offered his opinion to the Louisiana Attorney Discipline Board that he believed Cryer suffered from a serious depressive illness. I'm sure Cryer has struggled with depression, and the side-effects of the medications prescribed for that depression, ever since.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Investor and Imalawdog: Thanks for the information. I'd heard rumors of mental issues but didn't have any specifics.

Do you suppose that this could have earned him some level of sympathy with the jury?
Evil Squirrel Overlord

Mr. Mephistopheles wrote:Investor and Imalawdog: Thanks for the information. I'd heard rumors of mental issues but didn't have any specifics.

Do you suppose that this could have earned him some level of sympathy with the jury?
Funny you should ask, I am currently reading a book that talks about how people who subscribe to conspiracy theories are not considered "mentally ill" by society even if their theories are crazy as long as they are coherent and productive members of society. Tax protestor arguments coupled with Snipes seemingly rational personal will probably not convince a jury he has mental issues large enough to cause him to be an unwilling incompetent.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Evil Squirrel Overlord wrote:
Mr. Mephistopheles wrote:Investor and Imalawdog: Thanks for the information. I'd heard rumors of mental issues but didn't have any specifics.

Funny you should ask, I am currently reading a book that talks about how people who subscribe to conspiracy theories are not considered "mentally ill" by society even if their theories are crazy as long as they are coherent and productive members of society. Tax protestor arguments coupled with Snipes seemingly rational personal will probably not convince a jury he has mental issues large enough to cause him to be an unwilling incompetent.
We were referring to Tommy Cryer, but thanks for the info on the book (title?) and how it relates to Snipes.
Weathervane

Post by Weathervane »

Evil Squirrel Overlord wrote:

I have come to believe that a lot of TP's, conspiracy theory nuts, and other assorted beligerants and malcontents suffer from mild or bordeline NPD (narcissistic personality disorder).

While very few people, thankfully, are full blown NPD's (spouse/child abusers, psychopaths, fascist dictators) many people who are borderline can still wind up getting themselves into trouble in society.
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

I personally found this posting at Sooey to be most helpful in understanding the issues:
sheisaceo
Unplugged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendsplacect
DO you have a link to that article?
This is what I got;
Snipes' Defense Rests in Tax Fraud Trial
1 day ago

Closing arguments were scheduled Tuesday.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g...aaxRwD8UF267O0

I believe Snipes attorney will be glad to lose this case for him! I just don't see how attorneys can really win anymore with knowing what I know about the Uniform Commercial Code and how pro se figures into that so compactly even with an unlawful money amount of that magnitude.

Actually the book is called Feet of Clay, A Study of Gurus (sorry, not the Terry Pratchet one) by Anthony Storr.

It focuses on narcissistic personalities of gurus and their followers straddling the spectrum from Jim Jones to Jung and Freud and the unbelievable theories they propose to which they are certain (despite the lack of evidence). They hold such beliefs to such convictions that they inspire others to believe uncritically. It's not very scholary and a bit rambly, but interestingly enough it touches on how people like Jeff Dalmer are deemed sane enough to answer for their horrendous crimes even though they grossly deviate from acceptable behavior because they are rational, functional people.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Does it have a chapter dedicated to the specific subvariant of the disorder known as Van Pelt syndrome?
Doktor Avalanche

OCALA, Fla. -- The jury in the Wesley Snipes tax fraud trial has deliberated all day Wednesday, and so far they have not come to a verdict.

They'll be back again Thursday to continue deliberations at the Ocala federal courthouse. Wesley Snipes nor his attorneys have been at the courthouse all day.
Well, that's that. See you folks tomorrow.
Bud Dickman

Post by Bud Dickman »

OCALA, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35 ORLANDO) -- Jurors in the Wesley Snipes tax fraud trial will return to court Thursday to continue discussing the actor’s fate. Snipes, the star of the “Blade” films and “White Men Can’t Jump,” are on trial with two tax protesters in one of the biggest criminal cases in IRS history.

The judge said the jurors met uninterrupted all day Wednesday until 4:30 when they sent a note asking for clarification on the definition of conspiracy. The judge told them he needed to research the request and told the defendants attorneys that their clients, including Snipes, need to be in court Thursday morning at 9am when he explains the definition.
Snipes, 45, could get up to 16 years in prison if convicted on all counts, although sentences that long are unusual.

His two co-defendants are an anti-tax ideologue who refuses to defend himself in court and an accountant who lost his licenses.

The trio rested their defense Monday without calling any witnesses, saying they didn't need to. The jury received the case late Tuesday.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

If you want to read that 29 page love letter from Snipes to the IRS and prosecutor (the one he wrote months after he was indicted), go here:

http://www.thesnipestrial.com/snipes29pp.pdf
Demo.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Just between us cats, there may be a tax denier and/or jury nullifier type on the jury. More soon.
Demo.