LostHead Wonders Why No Real Attorney Takes Him Seriously

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Post by Mr. Mephistopheles »

Dezcad wrote:
IMHO, most of it stems from "greed".

Enjoy your time here!
Greed is a stronger motivator.

Thanks!
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

wserra wrote:
Dezcad wrote:
Mr. Mephistopheles wrote:Thanks for the welcome, this looks like a great group of people!
IMHO, most of it stems from "greed".
I beg your pardon.
My comment was directed to:
From my standpoint as a non-legal professional, they (TPs) seem blinded by fanaticism and ignorance.
Disilloosianed

Post by Disilloosianed »

Welcome, welcome.....just one word of advice:

When you are mingling with tps, make sure you stand way back so that you don't get the stupid on you.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

If i might suggest an avatar for you:

Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Disilloosianed wrote:Welcome, welcome.....just one word of advice:

When you are mingling with tps, make sure you stand way back so that you don't get the stupid on you.
I think this message was directed to me; if not then I offer my apologies.

I find it rather humorous that "tax protester" is abbreviated "TP". It's an appropriate accessory to the nature of their "arguments".
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

grixit wrote:If i might suggest an avatar for you:

Wonderful grixit! I've gone some others in my mind too.

Linky for the avatar?
iplawyer

Post by iplawyer »

I'm hurt. Nobody has suggested an avatar for me.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Mr. Mephistopheles wrote:
grixit wrote:If i might suggest an avatar for you:

Wonderful grixit! I've gone some others in my mind too.

Linky for the avatar?
Mr. M - you can just right-click on an image and go to "Properties" and you'll see the link there under "Location".
Weathervane

Re: LostHead Wonders Why No Real Attorney Takes Him Seriousl

Post by Weathervane »

Imalawman wrote:
Doktor Avalanche wrote:
What pisses me off is that I've never seen a judge act anything other than extremely civil and polite to TPs - even bending over backwards to help them out.
Hey all, I'm new to Quatloos. Doc Avalanche recruited me from Youtube. On the subject of your post, in reading some of the decisions on Dan Evan's website I saw several instances of Judges doing exactly what you said, being very lenient with pro se tp's with their court filings as well as fines for frivilous motions.
Welcome Mr. M. , and thanks for the water.

As one of QL's few resident former TP's...a title to which, needless to say, I am none too proud...I can indeed attest to the patience and even-temperedness afforded many TP's by the judges presiding over their cases.

It is because they are viewed as lost children. In contrast to other types of criminals for which I am sure judges must often struggle to conceal their contempt, the average TP instills deep pity from many judges.

In my case, it came to a point where I had to decide to get a "fight 'em till the end" TP lawyer like Becraft or Dickstien or a "give it up, you're toast" lawyer like Rick Thurston. I chose the latter. To do otherwise, I realized, was only being impetuous. Stay in the woods and let the wolves eat you, or come home and get your spanking.

To this day, I still remember the judge being very kind and concerned towards me as I said "guilty, your honor", never acting disgusted or condescending, and of course at the same time being very stern in her lecturing...just like a mother would to a child who got lost in the woods.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

tommygun wrote:As one of QL's few resident former TP's...a title to which, needless to say, I am none too proud...
It takes a lot of balls to face the consequences of your mistake and an enormous amount of hard work to put your life back together. Don't be ashamed of once being on the dark side, be proud that you survived it.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

tommygun wrote: Welcome Mr. M. , and thanks for the water.

As one of QL's few resident former TP's...a title to which, needless to say, I am none too proud...I can indeed attest to the patience and even-temperedness afforded many TP's by the judges presiding over their cases.

It is because they are viewed as lost children. In contrast to other types of criminals for which I am sure judges must often struggle to conceal their contempt, the average TP instills deep pity from many judges.

In my case, it came to a point where I had to decide to get a "fight 'em till the end" TP lawyer like Becraft or Dickstien or a "give it up, you're toast" lawyer like Rick Thurston. I chose the latter. To do otherwise, I realized, was only being impetuous. Stay in the woods and let the wolves eat you, or come home and get your spanking.

To this day, I still remember the judge being very kind and concerned towards me as I said "guilty, your honor", never acting disgusted or condescending, and of course at the same time being very stern in her lecturing...just like a mother would to a child who got lost in the woods.
Thanks, I hope they put out the good "sparkling" stuff!

You're a rare breed to admit your previous "errors". Don't feel bad about it, now you're the resident expert former-TP!
Disilloosianed

Post by Disilloosianed »

tommygun, people make all sorts of mistakes. It's clinging to those mistakes in the face of centuries of overwhelming evidence against you and at the risk of great personal harm for yourself and everyone involved with you that makes a true tax protestor.

lol...oh, and no one has suggest an avi for me either, by the way.....but that's alright....I know you guys really love me....*sniff*
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Disilloosianed wrote:lol...oh, and no one has suggest an avi for me either, by the way.....but that's alright....I know you guys really love me....*sniff*
I've been working off and on on the E&E Quatloo, but I'd also like to take a whack at this if you don't mind.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Disilloosianed

Post by Disilloosianed »

I wait with both excitement and trepidation.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Disilloosianed wrote:
lol...oh, and no one has suggest an avi for me either, by the way.....but that's alright....I know you guys really love me....*sniff*
I must be special! :P
jg
Fed Chairman of the Quatloosian Reserve

Post by jg »

iplawyer wrote:I'm hurt. Nobody has suggested an avatar for me.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Dezcad wrote:
grixit wrote:

Mr. M - you can just right-click on an image and go to "Properties" and you'll see the link there under "Location".
Thanks. Does quatloos only accept "on-line" avatar images, or can I upload an image?
Kimokeo

Post by Kimokeo »

Mr. Mephistopheles,

I've had a hell of a time thinking up something devilish to say.

As the Curate here, I expect your stealing of souls to be kept to a minimum.

If ye repent, you may kiss my holy relics.
jkeeb
Pirate Judge of Which Things Work

Post by jkeeb »

And they look like nice relics.
Remember that CtC is about the rule of law.

John J. Bulten
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Kimokeo wrote:Mr. Mephistopheles,

I've had a hell of a time thinking up something devilish to say.

As the Curate here, I expect your stealing of souls to be kept to a minimum.

If ye repent, you may kiss my holy relics.
Your exceptional wit is noted.

Alas, there are currently no vacancies in the Mephistophelean Kingdom as its hellowed halls are filled with political pundits, lackies, and various neredowells from TP land.

Given the unknown condition, quality, and quantity of your holy relics, I'm inclined to decline at this juncture.