Snipes Acquitted!!!!

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
ga1150

Post by ga1150 »

Quixote wrote:Ah, tax denier logic. "A implies B, therefore not-A must imply not-B." "All men are mortal, therefore all women are immortal."
Actually...if you really pay attention, I was pointing out the fact that this is what you folks do...all the time.
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

ga1150 wrote:"An acquittal doesn't mean there isn't a law, but in order to be convicted of breaking a law, there had to be a law to be broken."

How sophomoric. We've just recently in Georgia had someone cleared after 30 years or so by DNA evidence, and released.

They were convicted...so there 'had to be a law broken"? Are you sure that you want to be in print saying that?
Even an illiterate ought to notice there were more words between "there" and "broken" in The Operative's version than in ga1150's. That might lead him to wonder if those extra words were important. And then he might ask one of his literate friends to explain the diffence between "there had to be a law to be broken" and "there had to be a law broken".
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
ga1150

Post by ga1150 »

Quixote wrote:tax denier
You folks never fail to amuse me with the near immediate name-calling. But, since you did, exactly how have I 'denied' any tax?
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

ga1150 wrote:"An acquittal doesn't mean there isn't a law, but in order to be convicted of breaking a law, there had to be a law to be broken."

How sophomoric. We've just recently in Georgia had someone cleared after 30 years or so by DNA evidence, and released.

They were convicted...so there 'had to be a law broken"? Are you sure that you want to be in print saying that?
"Every man in here is innocent." ~ The Shawshank Redemption
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
ga1150

Post by ga1150 »

Joey Smith wrote:"Every man in here is innocent." ~ The Shawshank Redemption
Cute...but non-responsive. Typical Quatloosian tactic.
Investor

Post by Investor »

"An acquittal doesn't mean there isn't a law, but in order to be convicted of breaking a law, there had to be a law to be broken."

What he said was that being convicted of a crime shows that the law prohibiting the conduct is obviously in place. Just because someone was cleared on DNA evidence, it does not mean that there is no law against murder (I assume this was a murder case). In the same line of reasoning, an acquital does not mean that there is not a law prohibiting the underlying activity - does California have no law against murder? They must not, by your reasoning; OJ Simpson was acquited.
lawdevil

Post by lawdevil »

Why is the NY Times calling them tax resisters? They are tax protestors!!!!
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

ga1150 wrote:
Joey Smith wrote:"Every man in here is innocent." ~ The Shawshank Redemption
Cute...but non-responsive. Typical Quatloosian tactic.
Absolutely responsive; you just don't like the response.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
Investor

Post by Investor »

Why is the NY Times calling them tax resisters? They are tax protestors!!!!
I think both terms are inaccurate. To resist or protest, they must acknowledge the existence of the tax. What they really are is tax deniers.
ga1150

Post by ga1150 »

Quixote wrote:Even an illiterate ought to notice there were more words between "there" and "broken" in The Operative's version than in ga1150's. That might lead him to wonder if those extra words were important. And then he might ask one of his literate friends to explain the diffence between "there had to be a law to be broken" and "there had to be a law broken".
Ahhh...more name-calling. You are correct however, though you handled it in a childish manner. I misread the post, as you did mine, but I'll not resort to grade-school behavior, see if you can locate it on your own.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

CaptainKickback wrote:And until that person was exonerated by DNA evidence, he had been found guilty of breaking whatever law(s) put him there.

In fact, until the whole matter is expunged from the records, he is still has a guilty verdict(s) on his record.

And if I am wrong, I am sure the attorneys here will correct me.
:lol:

I think I'd rather have my testicles hooked up to a DeSoto battery. :wink:
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

Nothing will prevent Snipes from sending in DNA samples. :lol:
- - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - -
ga1150

Post by ga1150 »

Joey Smith wrote:Absolutely responsive; you just don't like the response.
I stand corrected...it was a "response". Sort of like when you ask someone how to get to the airport, and they "respond" with "I have a home in the Ukraine".
Quixote

Post by Quixote »

ga1150 wrote:
Quixote wrote:Even an illiterate ought to notice there were more words between "there" and "broken" in The Operative's version than in ga1150's. That might lead him to wonder if those extra words were important. And then he might ask one of his literate friends to explain the diffence between "there had to be a law to be broken" and "there had to be a law broken".
Ahhh...more name-calling. You are correct however, though you handled it in a childish manner. I misread the post, as you did mine, but I'll not resort to grade-school behavior, see if you can locate it on your own.
No, I read yours perfectly. That is why I was able to note the difference between what The Observer wrote and what you wrote. As to the charge of name calling, twice you have demonstrated that you do not understand simple English. I call 'em like I see 'em.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

ga1150 wrote:
Joey Smith wrote:Absolutely responsive; you just don't like the response.
I stand corrected...it was a "response". Sort of like when you ask someone how to get to the airport, and they "respond" with "I have a home in the Ukraine".
Then apparently you didn't understand the response, sort of like somebody who shows up in New Orleans from the Ukraine who doesn't speak Creole . . .
- - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - -
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Quixote wrote:No, I read yours perfectly. That is why I was able to note the difference between what The Observer wrote and what you wrote. As to the charge of name calling, twice you have demonstrated that you do not understand simple English. I call 'em like I see 'em.
Minor quibble - that was my twin evil brother, The Operative, not me.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Quixote

Post by Quixote »

The Observer wrote:
Quixote wrote:No, I read yours perfectly. That is why I was able to note the difference between what The Observer wrote and what you wrote. As to the charge of name calling, twice you have demonstrated that you do not understand simple English. I call 'em like I see 'em.
Minor quibble - that was my twin evil brother, The Operative, not me.
:oops:
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Doktor Avalanche wrote: I think I'd rather have my testicles hooked up to a DeSoto battery. :wink:
Hey, you're here to work, mister, not to have fun!
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

"The verdict shows that promoters face serious jail time” but clients who follow their advice will face a lesser but still-serious risk, said JJ MacNab, a Maryland insurance analyst who attended the trial and is writing a book about tax deniers.
**Allegedly** writing a book. They always leave out "allegedly."
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

LPC wrote:
"The verdict shows that promoters face serious jail time” but clients who follow their advice will face a lesser but still-serious risk, said JJ MacNab, a Maryland insurance analyst who attended the trial and is writing a book about tax deniers.
**Allegedly** writing a book. They always leave out "allegedly."
It makes for better copy.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros