Brown property being auctioned off to pay taxes

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Brown property being auctioned off to pay taxes

Post by Dezcad »

Associated Press - February 1, 2008 8:45 AM ET

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) - Cars, trucks and gold coins belonging to tax evader Elaine Brown are going on the auction block this month to help pay off federal income taxes.

The IRS is holding auctions in Lawrence, Massachusetts, and Nashua next week as it tries to raise more than two million dollars to pay off income taxes owned by Ed and Elaine Brown of Plainfield. The Browns were arrested last fall after staying in their home for nine months after being convicted of tax evasion. They maintain there is no law requiring them to pay.

An auction next Wednesday in Lawrence features vehicles, a lawn mower and a generator. The next day, in Nashua, the IRS will auction off a solid gold bar, gold coins, a silver bar and other items.

Wednesday:Cody's Garage, Lawrence. 11 a.m.

Thursday: Crowne Plaza Hotel, Nashua. 12:15.
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

Might as well sell it off, as the Browns aren't going to be needing it for a long, long, long time.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

My guess would be ever. By the time they get done serving the tax case and escape sentences they are going to be well past social security age, and if they get the rest of the charges added, as they so rightly should, they will never leave prison alive. Yep, quite a retirement good old Ed planned for the two of them.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

I just checked out the IRS auction pages. Some of the vehicles that seem to be in "Ed Brown Collection" are not familiar from the news stories. Ed had a Goldwing?

http://www.treas.gov/auctions/irs/lama_comm_2685.htm

http://www.treas.gov/auctions/irs/nanh_fina_2683.htm

No Constitutional Ranger loot. :cry:

Also, the gold coins and silver coins are all aggregated into just two lots. I'm to poor to buy a bunch of gold coins or silver.

I will wait for them to sell off the crap and guns.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

CaptainKickback wrote:Perhaps Webhick can drop by and pick us (me) a souveneir, like a Constitutional Ranger car door decal, or even the whole vehicle.

You up for it Webhick. I have a Paypal account, if you do to, we can make magic happen.
You couldn't pay me enough to go down to Lawrence and Nashua isn't a place I enjoy visiting. And my checking account is effectively dead, so unless they accept Paypal, I'd just be there to take pictures.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
tracer
Order of the Llama - Senior Division

Post by tracer »

I'm surprised they aren't selling off a 5 years' supply of water and preserved rations, too....
ErsatzAnatchist

tracer wrote:I'm surprised they aren't selling off a 5 years' supply of water and preserved rations, too....
I'll be there for that one. :wink:

Mountain House food is good for 25 years. But then again, so is cardboard.
Bud Dickman

Post by Bud Dickman »

Any word on the auction, it should be over by now.
Bud Dickman

Post by Bud Dickman »

LAWRENCE, Mass. -- Property owned by a couple convicted of tax evasion was auctioned off Wednesday to partially pay their back taxes.

Officials said Ed and Elaine Brown owe more than $2 million in back taxes. Items seized from their Plainfield, N.H., property, including a pickup truck and a generator, were auctioned off in Lawrence. The items were taken after the Browns were arrested in October, following a standoff that lasted several months.

"An auction is the last resort in the collection process, so now, we're auctioning these vehicles to pay back what these taxpayers owe," said Peggy Riley of the IRS.

There were about 30 people on hand to bid on the 10 items. Most said they didn't know or care who they belonged to.

"No, it didn't matter to me," said Anthony Sabatino, of Woburn, Mass. "I'm just looking for a deal."

Some said that they were aware of the back story behind the items, but they all had the same motivation in attending the auction.

"Well, I was just looking for a deal," said Jay Raso, of North Reading, Mass. "It was the whole ambiance and a high-profile case, and I just wanted to see what was going on. I ended up buying a lawnmower."

The lawnmower was the least expensive of the Brown items, selling for $700. The most expensive was the Brown's 2002 Bravada, which Ralph Nevin, of Hudson, N.H., bought for $6,500.

"My wife is looking for a car, so either my wife gets it, or my son who's going to college get it," Nevin said. "It's a good deal."

The auction took in a little more than $21,000. Another auction is planned for Thursday in Nashua, when gold and silver coins and jewelry that belonged to the Browns will be up for bid

http://www.wmur.com/news/15237456/detail.html
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

There were about 30 people on hand to bid [/b]on the 10 items. Most said they didn't know or care who they belonged to.
Who wants to let Ed know that his sacrifice was in vain?
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

LPC wrote:
There were about 30 people on hand to bid [/b]on the 10 items. Most said they didn't know or care who they belonged to.
Who wants to let Ed know that his sacrifice was in vain?
I nominate Joe Haas.........
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

What's E's mailing address?

I'm considering assembling a package of all the auction-related documents, including pictures, and mailing it to him as a keepsake.

:twisted:
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Coming this winter:

A Free Man's Bones

Plot: A naive young man buys a car at a government auction, not knowing it belonged to a persecuted and wrongly imprisoned freedom fighter. As the former owner begins haunting the man's dreams, he gradually comes to realize the truth. In the end, the man jams the accelerator and sends the vehicle crashing through through the doors of an IRS building, then slips away to join the fast growing underground insurgency.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Bud Dickman

Post by Bud Dickman »

WMUR.com
Related To Story

Video: Items Belonged To Convicted Tax Evaders

Gold, Coins Belonging To Browns Auctioned Off
Items Fetch About $80,000

POSTED: 6:21 pm EST February 7, 2008

NASHUA, N.H. -- Federal officials auctioned off silver and gold belonging to federal tax evaders Ed and Elaine Brown on Thursday.

The public bid on a range of valuables, including a gold bar, painted silver coins and collectible dollar bills. The IRS said the Browns owe more than $2 million in unpaid taxes.

Some bidders said they were interested in who owned the items, but others said they just saw a good investment.

"He's got stuff here I've never seen," bidder Robert Duefield said. "A 2-pound piece of gold. If the price is right, I'll bid on it."

The items went for a total of $80,000, with a gold bar selling for $32,000. In total, the IRS said it has collected about $100,000 from two auctions.
Copyright 2008 by WMUR. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.wmur.com/news/15248216/detail.html
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

I wonder how much the IRS got for the hyperbaric chamber that Ed kept in his bedroom.
Demo.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Demosthenes wrote:I wonder how much the IRS got for the hyperbaric chamber that Ed kept in his bedroom.
Considering that no one uses a hyperbaric chamber fully clothed, the IRS probably had to pay someone to take it off their hands. You know, compensation for the risk of contracting crazycultleaderitis.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

webhick wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:I wonder how much the IRS got for the hyperbaric chamber that Ed kept in his bedroom.
Considering that no one uses a hyperbaric chamber fully clothed, the IRS probably had to pay someone to take it off their hands. You know, compensation for the risk of contracting crazycultleaderitis.
I had a minor case of that once. It took six weeks and Drano colonic to get rid of it.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Scoop

Post by Scoop »

$1,500, according to the Union Leader.
ErsatzAnatchist

Scoop wrote:
$1,500, according to the Union Leader.
Getting your news from the Union Leader? :shock:

On a serious note, any idea when the rest of the junk will be auctioned off? I still am on the hunt for a Constitutional Ranger badge.
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »