More tax problems for Snipes

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

And then there's the time he was caught using a phony South African passport while traveling to Switzerland.

http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_ ... 176C868509
Demo.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

CaptainKickback wrote:
Wesley strikes as a deeply self-centered, narciccistic a**-hole of the first order and I would not even bother p*ssing down his neck if his stomach were on fire.

Hope he gets the maximum on his tax case. Break him like a twig.
Ah, but we don't say it that way, Captain. We just say that Wesley has "issues." Every problem today, every social maladaptation, every dysfunction, is an "issue." We say that Wesley has "issues" in the form of infantile delusions that he is omnipotent, possibly accompanied by a chronic, psychopathological, repetitively experienced "affect," characterized by an affinity for a self-formulated, false self-image.

And we don't say we'll "break him like a twig." We just say that Snipes will probably not be afforded the maximum amount of leniency theoretically available in a spectrum or range of possibilities in connection with the application of corrective or remedial measures resulting from his recent unfavorable Federal court determination.

On the other hand, Captain, your description is more colorful.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

I haven't forgotten your request about the defaulted property taxes on the Los Angeles home, Famspear. I'd like to find a way to provide documentation on the stuff that's in public record if you know where to look without also posting Snipes' home address. He has little kids at home, and the whole freaky thing about weirdos stalking celebrities sucks.
Demo.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

the Captain wrote:
I blame (thank) my parents for that. Dad was a career Marine and mom did not suffer fools one damn bit and could be as blunt as the business end of a trip hammer.
In my family, that role was fulfilled primarily by my maternal grandmother, of all people. Although she was small of stature, and although she had a heart of gold and a soft spot for her grandchildren, she was essentially a tough country girl who had lived through the Great Depression, who chewed tobacco, and would waste no time telling anybody where to get off if she didn't like what was coming down.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Demo wrote:
I haven't forgotten your request about the defaulted property taxes on the Los Angeles home, Famspear. I'd like to find a way to provide documentation on the stuff that's in public record if you know where to look without also posting Snipes' home address. He has little kids at home, and the whole freaky thing about weirdos stalking celebrities sucks.
Yeah, I agree that we definitely don't want to get into personal or sensitive information about celebrities (or anybody else).

Speaking of the stalking, I never knew of anybody stalking me personally and I don't have any reason to believe it ever happened, but I know from my experience in broadcasting that there are some real weirdos out there -- in almost every community, probably. I think that everyone who is involved in show business as a performer, whether it's movies or radio or TV, even at a local, small-time level, is exposed to a bit of the bizarre underbelly of society. There is simply a certain element of the population that is attracted to people of celebrity for dysfunctional reasons. For someone as famous as Snipes, I would assume that physical security has to be an ongoing concern.
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

Demosthenes wrote:, and the whole freaky thing about stalking celebrity weirdos sucks.
fixed
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

I'm not sure if this is what you guys are looking for, but here are two CA tax liens (addresses redacted):
LIEN FILING RECORD

FILING INFORMATION

Filing Number: 20041104 1758

Filing Type: STATE TAX LIEN

Filing Office: SACRAMENTO COUNTY RECORDERS OFFICE
CA

Filing County: SACRAMENTO

Filing Date: 11/04/2004

DEBTOR INFORMATION

Debtor: SNIPES, WESLEY
[Address redacted]

Debtor Type: INDIVIDUAL

CREDITOR INFORMATION
Creditor: STATE OF CA

LIEN INFORMATION
Total Amount: $67,088.00
and
LIEN FILING RECORD

FILING INFORMATION

Filing Number: 0201759137

Filing Type: STATE TAX LIEN

Filing Office: LOS ANGELES COUNTY RECORDERS OFFICE
CA

Filing County: LOS ANGELES

Filing Date: 07/2002

DEBTOR INFORMATION

Debtor: SNIPES, WESLEY
[Address redacted]

Debtor Type: INDIVIDUAL

CREDITOR INFORMATION
Creditor: STATE OF CA

LIEN INFORMATION
Total Amount: $7,683.00
In addition, something called "Synaicate (sic) Media Group, LLC" (which Snipes appreas to own) has a bunch of CA liens against it.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

The property tax liens are not in Snipes' name. I had to know the company name disclosed in the trial, and use that to look up property records on Lexis. That gave me the parcel numbers for the two side by side condos in Los Angeles, which enabled me to look up the tax records on the County records, et voila, he defaulted in 2005 and has paid property taxes since. In California, you have five years to pay off the default amount which means that he has until 2010 or the property is sold.

The list below is a work in progress of all of the various tax liens I've scrounged up so far.

CA 2001 $1,144
CA 2002 $7,683
CA 2002 $192
CA 2002 $226
CA 2003 $1,022
CA 2004 $67,086
FL 2001 $362
FL 2001 $28,694
FL 2002 $303
FL 2002 $27,485
NY 2002 $2,317
NY 2002 $1,043
NY 2002 $1,032
NY 2002 $2,906
NY 2003 $103,886
NY 2004 $2,081
NY 2005 $12,062
Demo.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Such petty amounts relative to his income. There's no excuse for his failure to pay.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4