Government notes from Dogwalker's infamous day

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
EliotNess

Post by EliotNess »

Doktor Avalanche wrote: No, one can't.

This is the way it is, Mr. Riley. Not the way we would like it to be.
Fair enough Doctor, thank you for your input.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

EliotNess wrote:Surely one can answer in the hypothetical, beyond the standard cop a plea response?
(a) No, one can't. At least not responsibly.

(b) Did I give a "standard cop a plea response"?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
EliotNess

Post by EliotNess »

wserra wrote: (a) No, one can't. At least not responsibly.

No and thank you.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Let's start with two simple questions:

1 - Are you aware of the maximum possible sentences your brother can receive?

2 - Do you want him to spend that much time in jail?
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

wserra wrote:
EliotNess wrote:Surely one can answer in the hypothetical, beyond the standard cop a plea response?
(a) No, one can't. At least not responsibly.

No, but I did and I'm of the opinion it's the correct course of action for Danny if he wants to avoid spending the rest of his natural life behind bars.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Doktor Avalanche

Nikki wrote:Let's start with two simple questions:

If I may be allowed to make an ammendment:

3 - How much do you love your brother?
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
EliotNess

Post by EliotNess »

Doktor Avalanche wrote:

I'm fully aware of what's at stake. Personal questions such as these are out of bounds, thank you for your understanding. Can we move on now?
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Okay, you're aware of what's at stake.

Do you want everything possible to be done to minimize the potential sentence if he's convicted of the various charges?
Doktor Avalanche

EliotNess wrote:
Doktor Avalanche wrote:

I'm fully aware of what's at stake. Personal questions such as these are out of bounds, thank you for your understanding. Can we move on now?
Oh, for heaven's sake, Mr. Riley! It's your brother we're talking about here.

It's okay to tell everyone you love the guy.
EliotNess

Post by EliotNess »

Nikki wrote:Okay, you're aware of what's at stake.

Do you want everything possible to be done to minimize the potential sentence if he's convicted of the various charges?
This almost sounds like a knock knock joke. Come on now.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

EliotNess wrote:
Doktor Avalanche wrote:

Understandable. First off, Joe Haas has no clue when he talks about the lack of jurisdiction of the federal district court. It is well settled law that the district courts have jurisdiction over all offenses under United States Code, whether Title 18 or 26 or other titles.

He needs to focus on arguments and strategy that have a sound legal foundation and I would echo the sentiments of others that he needs to rely upon people trained in the law and not people on the "internet" or with "patriot groups" with no legal training.

I feel for you since if it was someone in my family, I would consider it a tragedy.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

EliotNess wrote:
Nikki wrote:Okay, you're aware of what's at stake.

This almost sounds like a knock knock joke. Come on now.
Actually, there are two possible answers:

1 - I want everything possible to be done.

2 - I don't give a shit about him.

Pick one. Anything else means you're just posting here to waste electrons. If you're serious about helping your brother, keep up a simple, basic conversation and see where it leads.
EliotNess

Post by EliotNess »

Nikki wrote: Actually, there are two possible answers:

2 - I don't give a sh*t about him.

Pick one. Anything else means you're just posting here to waste electrons. If you're serious about helping your brother, keep up a simple, basic conversation and see where it leads.
Post you response to each one, if you feel so inclined to explore each branch.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

EliotNess wrote:
Nikki wrote: Actually, there are two possible answers:

2 - I don't give a sh*t about him.

Post you response to each one, if you feel so inclined to explore each branch.
Thank you for chosing option #2.

That said, you don't want or need anything from us except a sounding board for your own sense of incompetence and inadequacy.

You'd be much better served discussing your brother's case with your kindred spirits at SuiJuris
EliotNess

Post by EliotNess »

Nikki wrote: for your own sense of incompetence and inadequacy.
Thank you for injecting that ad hominem. I appeal to the more prudent members at Quatloos to enforce decorum.
Doktor Avalanche

EliotNess wrote:
Nikki wrote: for your own sense of incompetence and inadequacy.
Thank you for injecting that ad hominem. I appeal to the more prudent members at Quatloos to enforce decorum.
It may have been a little aggressive, but the questions are perfectly valid.

Do you want to help him or not?

This is a very interesting opportunity you've been afforded here on Quatloos, Mr. Riley, because normally we just eviscerate first and ask questions later.

You'd be wise to take us up on this offer.
EliotNess

Post by EliotNess »

Doktor Avalanche wrote: This is a very interesting opportunity you've been afforded here on Quatloos, Mr. Riley, because normally we just eviscerate first and ask questions later.

I appreciate your generosity. My mistake for assuming that was a stupid question. The answer is: Yes, I want to help,

[sarcasm]What, do you think I'm here subjecting myself to this abuse for the hell of it?![/sarcasm]
Doktor Avalanche

EliotNess wrote:
Doktor Avalanche wrote: This is a very interesting opportunity you've been afforded here on Quatloos, Mr. Riley, because normally we just eviscerate first and ask questions later.

I appreciate your generosity. My mistake for assuming that was a stupid question. The answer is: Of Course!!
All right, now we're getting somewhere. You have to be the voice of reason now, Mr. Riley.

First order of business is for Danny to forget that "sui juris" and "sovereign" jazz. It's not going to help your brother at all - in fact, it's going get him crushed faster than a Russian putsch.

It's going to be necessary for you to tell Danny that he needs to cooperate fully with the attorney that's been assigned to him - that man is only trying to help him to ensure that he gets a fair trial. If Danny keeps doing what he's doing then it's a sure-fire bet the trial is only going to come out one way: not his.

Danny needs to keep his mouth shut throughout the entire process and do exactly what his attorney tells him to do.

Danny also needs to cop a plea, if at all possible. He's not going to get off scott free, but at least he's not going away for the rest of his life if he does.

Any other suggestions, Quatloosians?
EliotNess

Post by EliotNess »

CaptainKickback wrote: Do you like gladiator movies?
Actually, I'm a sappy sucker for a good romantic comedy.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

EliotNess wrote:

I appreciate your generosity. My mistake for assuming that was a stupid question. The answer is: Yes, I want to help,

[sarcasm]What, do you think I'm here subjecting myself to this abuse for the hell of it?![/sarcasm]
Great, you want to help him.

Do you honestly believe that either he or you have the necessary level of experience and skills to navigate the federal judicial process OR that such skills can be easily obtained from Internet sites?