Buildup near Browns included 'arrest team'

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Bud Dickman

Buildup near Browns included 'arrest team'

Post by Bud Dickman »

http://www.concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs ... /802170398

.....According to the log, the arrest team encountered Riley as he was walking the Browns' dog just after 8 a.m. Riley, an electrician who spent several weeks living with the couple and is accused of building explosive devices for them, has described his version of this encounter several times, including on a lengthy internet video released later that day.

According to Riley, marshals shot at him and shocked him with a Taser after he noticed the camouflaged agents and tried to run back to the house. Monier said that no deadly force was used against Riley, and the log entry, while vague, seems to support that account.

"Male walked with dog down driveway. Male stops at edge of road by camera. Male starred (sic) into area by camera. Male walked into woods by arrest team. Arrest team challenged male subject who attempts to run back up driveway. Blocking team intercepts male subject," says the 0806 entry. The log later notes that the male was Riley and that Riley was "tazed."........
EliotNess

Re: Buildup near Browns included 'arrest team'

Post by EliotNess »

CaptainKickback wrote:Did Riley at any time scream, "Don't taze me bro!"? :twisted:
That's pretty funny, I guess your here all week?
EliotNess

Post by EliotNess »

Bud Dickman wrote:
"Male walked with dog down driveway. Male stops at edge of road by camera. Male starred (sic) into area by camera. Male walked into woods by arrest team. Arrest team challenged male subject who attempts to run back up driveway. Blocking team intercepts male subject," says the 0806 entry. The log later notes that the male was Riley and that Riley was "tazed."........
Which should have read:
"Male walked with dog down driveway. Male stops at edge of road by camera. Male starred (sic) into area by camera. Male walked into woods by arrest team [and brandishes a loaded coffee mug at the officer]. Arrest team challenged male subject who attempts to run back up driveway. [Arrest team member, closest to the camera, shoots twice at Riley who is clearly running away from him and has his back to him]. Blocking team intercepts male subject,"

Headquarters then hastily edits the video segment to dumb down the resolution from 720x480 to 320x240 but stupidly leaves the "720x480" text that the camera records on the image intack{oops}.

Tampering with evidence, isn't that a felony?
Agent Observer

Post by Agent Observer »

That's pretty funny, I guess your here all week?
I think it's pretty funny, and well within reasonable use of force when confronted with a fleeing, and potentially unstable, felon. That was during the same time Mr. Dogwalker-Riley was busy taking video of jetliners at flying over the Brown place at 45,000 feet, ranting and raving about "chemtrails" and "ebil goobermint conspiracies," and then posting the video all over the Internet. It has the making of one of those MasterCard commercial jokes where the punch line is paired with the word "priceless."
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

EliotNess wrote:
Bud Dickman wrote:
Which should have read:
"Male walked with dog down driveway. Male stops at edge of road by camera. Male starred (sic) into area by camera. Male walked into woods by arrest team [and brandishes a loaded coffee mug at the officer]. Arrest team challenged male subject who attempts to run back up driveway. [Arrest team member, closest to the camera, shoots twice at Riley who is clearly running away from him and has his back to him]. Blocking team intercepts male subject,"

Headquarters then hastily edits the video segment to dumb down the resolution from 720x480 to 320x240 but stupidly leaves the "720x480" text that the camera records on the image intack{oops}.

So, bro, why did Danny start running? When a US Marshall says don't move or if I see a armed federal marshall, I certainly don't start to run away. He wouldn't have gotten tazed if he had just stayed calm and not panicked. But it worked out well for the gov't as he sang like a bird.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
EliotNess

Post by EliotNess »

Agent Observer wrote: and well within reasonable use of force when confronted with a fleeing, and potentially unstable, felon.
I know, coffee can make you very unstable. Then again, some think nuking Iran is reasonable use of force.

Maybe encountering a dozen or more heavily armed and camouflage unidentified trespassers should have been met with offers of Coffee AND donuts!?
Agent Observer

Post by Agent Observer »

Which should have read:
Riighhht.. So what you're saying is that an agency that does felony arrests for a living, and exists solely to track and take down fugitives, would make a complete noobie mistake in an operations plan, which was then was completely overlooked during review by a significant number of seasoned senior Marshals? Let me spell it out for you in a word: Crossfire. There's no way in hell that a "blocking team" would be pre-positioned in the direct line of fire of a sniper. Even if they did, and assuming a reasonable running speed for Mr Dogwalker, the blocking team would have had to run into the line of fire while the shots were reining down in order to grab him and taze him. Lets be real here: No Marshal, or whatever the team was comprised of, is going to run into a hail of .308 fire from other Marshals, just to take down a pudgy dog walker.

Now clearly, you're free to consume all the Kool-Aide you want, but don't expect anyone to take anything you say seriously. Your response to nuking Iran really does nothing for your argument. Perhaps answering the question about Chemtrails and other paranoid and delusional statements made by Riley might.
EliotNess

Post by EliotNess »

Agent Observer wrote:
Which should have read:
Riighhht.. So what you're saying is that an agency that does felony arrests for a living, and exists solely to track and take down fugitives, would make a complete noobie mistake in an operations plan, which was then was completely overlooked during review by a significant number of seasoned senior Marshals? Let me spell it out for you in a word: Crossfire. There's no way in hell that a "blocking team" would be pre-positioned in the direct line of fire of a sniper. Even if they did, and assuming a reasonable running speed for Mr Dogwalker, the blocking team would have had to run into the line of fire while the shots were reining down in order to grab him and taze him. Lets be real here: No Marshal, or whatever the team was comprised of, is going to run into a hail of .308 fire from other Marshals, just to take down a pudgy dog walker.

Now clearly, you're free to consume all the Kool-Aide you want, but don't expect anyone to take anything you say seriously. Your response to nuking Iran really does nothing for your argument. Perhaps answering the question about Chemtrails and other paranoid and delusional statements made by Riley might.
You must have seen the video to? Oh I fogot, you haven't, so wildly speculating is perfectly in order!?
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

Imalawman wrote:So, bro, why did Danny start running? When a US Marshall says don't move or if I see a armed federal marshall, I certainly don't start to run away. He wouldn't have gotten tazed if he had just stayed calm and not panicked. But it worked out well for the gov't as he sang like a bird.
He was afraid of being detained or arrested, which means, "guilty conscience." Mens rea.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Your brother is looking at life in prison and all you can do is make snarky comments and present faux military analysis, Bill?
Demo.
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

Demosthenes wrote:Your brother is looking at life in prison and all you can do is make snarky comments and present faux military analysis, Bill?
And:

1. After announcing to the world his intentions concerning any action by the US to take him to prison following his conviction, Brown was arrested without any incident and any injury to anyone.

2. Although Danny alleged he was fired upon, the "awful" US Marshalls missed at what must have been for any sniper, including a "MERC," point blank range?

3. In fact, all of the arrests, at the Brown home and elsewhere, were accomplished professionally and without any reported injury, even though the Browns and others had expressed their intent to resist with their stockpiled weapons, including anti-personnel mines, pistols, rifles and a .50 Cal. BMG rifle.

4. Why are you complaining? Would you have been happier if there had been the sort of violence that marked Ruby Ridge and Waco? I suppose you think it unfortunate that this U. S. Marshal and his men behaved with cool professionalism and displayed great respect for the lives of the persons they had been sent to arrest, and also for the lives and safety of the "wannabe" revolutionaries who went to the Browns hoping to make some kind of statement? Would you be happier of those who went to "make a statement" had volunteered themselves into body bags?

5. Should the gravestone for a man read: "Don't taze me, Bro! Shoot me with a .308 sniper rifle" --?
"My Health is Better in November."
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Is it wrong of me to think that photo of Eliot Ness is hot in a demonic "Tell me you're joking" kind of way?
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
TheSaint

Post by TheSaint »

EliotNess wrote:Headquarters then hastily edits the video segment to dumb down the resolution from 720x480 to 320x240 but stupidly leaves the "720x480" text that the camera records on the image intack{oops}.

Uh... no. Look up "forensic video" sometime.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

CaptainKickback wrote:40-year olds who run off to play "patriot soldier wannabe" seem to be stuck in a permanent Peter Pan, never want to grow up, child-like frame of mind.
I'm finding that the same thing is typical of 40-year olds who prefer to be called "Danny" over "Dan", "Billy" over "William" or "Bill", "Jimmy" over "Jim", etc. There are exceptions of course (and valid reasons - like differentiating between a Sr. and a Jr.), but there appears to be an odd little trend there.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
EliotNess

Post by EliotNess »

Demosthenes wrote:Your brother is looking at life in prison and all you can do is make snarky comments and present faux military analysis, Bill?
Yes, and I'm sure Berkeley taught you everything you need to know on how to recognize "faux miltary" analysis and financial planning to boot?

I apologize for the snarkiness your highness, maybe I should resort to parables instead?
EliotNess

Post by EliotNess »

CaptainKickback wrote:Actually, NONE of this would have happened to dear Danny-boy if he wasn't such a pea=brained putz. Let's look at things. He must not have been regularly employed since he was able to go to New Hampshire for a few weeks. Or failing that, did he just quit his job and run off to live the delusional fantasy of being a big fish in a small pond? Or maybe he is just a lazy bum, who went there to sponge off of the Browns for a while and turn that into a few more sweet gigs of sponging off of others.

You know, most folks by time they are 40 have jobs, careers, possibly family obligations, investments, maybe a home, you know, ADULT stuff. 40-year olds who run off to play "patriot soldier wannabe" seem to be stuck in a permanent Peter Pan, never want to grow up, child-like frame of mind. I bet, he has never, ever had to accept any consequences for his actions in his entire life and all along the way mommy and daddy and big brother have had to repeated bail him out, as he "struggles to find himself," and I bet he has never admitted or had to admit that he has ever done anything wrong in his life, it was always somebody/something else's fault. And you wonder why people think he has a big L on his forehead.

We have told you in blunt, unsugar-coated terms what Danny needs to do to have any chance of seeing freedom be fore he is old, but that does not mean we have to like him, pity him or condone his childish, petulant, flatulent,
actions.
Hello, Is that you or your Dr. Phil alter ego? Are you off your meds again?
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

How did Danny ever survive? I've read that he was shot like 30 times, then tazered about 50 times, then waterboarded, and then forced to watch 80 straight hours of Teletubbies.

And, gosh, even after that nobody seems to care.

Wait a minute, nobody cared about Danny before that happened either. :wink:
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
EliotNess

Post by EliotNess »

webhick wrote:
CaptainKickback wrote:40-year olds who run off to play "patriot soldier wannabe" seem to be stuck in a permanent Peter Pan, never want to grow up, child-like frame of mind.
I'm finding that the same thing is typical of 40-year olds who prefer to be called "Danny" over "Dan", "Billy" over "William" or "Bill", "Jimmy" over "Jim", etc. There are exceptions of course (and valid reasons - like differentiating between a Sr. and a Jr.), but there appears to be an odd little trend there.
I guess he doesn't fit the typical 40 year mold old because he's not divorced, in debt up to his eyeballs, on Prozac and self medicating with latch key kids on Ritalin.
EliotNess

Post by EliotNess »

Joey Smith wrote:How did Danny ever survive? I've read that he was shot like 30 times, then tazered about 50 times, then waterboarded, and then forced to watch 80 straight hours of Teletubbies.

And, gosh, even after that nobody seems to care.

Wait a minute, nobody cared about Danny before that happened either. :wink:
I hear the purple one is your favorite!?
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

EliotNess wrote:
Yes, and I'm sure Berkeley taught you everything you need to know on how to recognize "faux miltary" analysis and financial planning to boot?
Cool. A pissing war. I have degrees from Berkeley in weapons analysis, applied linguistics, and a minor in French literature. I had to learn the financial planning in the field, and I've got 20 years of experience to back it up. Your turn, Bill.
I apologize for the snarkiness your highness, maybe I should resort to parables instead?
You can if you like. It'll go just as far towards getting your brother out of prison as anything else you're doing, but then again, helping your brother isn't why you're here, is it?
Demo.