Buildup near Browns included 'arrest team'

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
EliotNess

Re: Buildup near Browns included 'arrest team'

Post by EliotNess »

Demosthenes wrote:
EliotNess wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:Your brother is looking at life in prison and all you can do is make snarky comments and present faux military analysis, Bill?
Yes, and I'm sure Berkeley taught you everything you need to know on how to recognize "faux miltary" analysis and financial planning to boot?
Cool. A pissing war. I have degrees from Berkeley in weapons analysis, applied linguistics, and a minor in French literature. I had to learn the financial planning in the field, and I've got 20 years of experience to back it up. Your turn, Bill.
I apologize for the snarkiness your highness, maybe I should resort to parables instead?
You can if you like. It'll go just as far towards getting your brother out of prison as anything else you're doing, but then again, helping your brother isn't why you're here, is it?
Too bad this isn't a job interview, try posting your resume here http://www.careerbuilder.com or try Citibank or Countrywide I hear they need help. Besides, ribbing you guys is great for stress relief.

What kind of "weapons analysis" was that, it wasn't financial weapons of mass destruction was it?

Anyway, your right, truce.
EliotNess

Post by EliotNess »

CaptainKickback wrote:
EliotNess wrote:Hello, Is that you or your Dr. Phil alter ego? Are you off your meds again?
Merely an observation about those who never have to grow up because their parents and siblings always feel sorry for that one child and so the child never, ever hears "no" or has to assume any responsibility for their actions. Has your brother assumed responsibility for his actions, or is he still trying to hide behinds useless dog-sh*t court filings and that the "ebil goobermint was out to git him?"

And for the record, I know a number of 40 year olds who are married, not in debt up to their eyeballs, without doped up kids. I also know folks in the 40+ set who have jobs/careers, own property, pay taxes, work hard at their job and work hard to maintain thier home, things Danny is completely clueless about and likely to never, ever achieve.

And what about you EliotNess? I bet you work a regular job 40+ hours per week, probably own a home, have money saved up, contribute to the 401(k) plan and have investments. So why not Danny? Can you tell us that?
If you’re looking for FP business, forget about it. I hope you didn't run one of those cheesy background checks on me, but maybe you did (I guess I should start monitoring my credit report now).
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

EliotNess wrote: I hope you didn't run one of those cheesy background checks on me, but maybe you did (I guess I should start monitoring my credit report now).
Why would anyone bother?

Unless you're peddling anti-tax scams... Are you? :twisted:
Demo.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I guess he doesn't fit the typical 40 year mold old because he's not divorced, in debt up to his eyeballs, on Prozac and self medicating with latch key kids on Ritalin.

Hmm, well, sitting in a holding cell awaiting trial on federal charges that could put him away until he's eligible for social security is more normal...you sure got us there!
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
EliotNess

Post by EliotNess »

Demosthenes wrote:
EliotNess wrote: I hope you didn't run one of those cheesy background checks on me, but maybe you did (I guess I should start monitoring my credit report now).
Why would anyone bother?

Unless you're peddling anti-tax scams... Are you? :twisted:
Ah no...the financial system is doing a superb job of self destructing without my help.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

EliotNess wrote:
webhick wrote:
CaptainKickback wrote:40-year olds who run off to play "patriot soldier wannabe" seem to be stuck in a permanent Peter Pan, never want to grow up, child-like frame of mind.
I'm finding that the same thing is typical of 40-year olds who prefer to be called "Danny" over "Dan", "Billy" over "William" or "Bill", "Jimmy" over "Jim", etc. There are exceptions of course (and valid reasons - like differentiating between a Sr. and a Jr.), but there appears to be an odd little trend there.
I guess he doesn't fit the typical 40 year mold old because he's not divorced, in debt up to his eyeballs, on Prozac and self medicating with latch key kids on Ritalin.
Sounds more like the Peter Pan. Divorced because he spent every night living it up with the boys at the pub instead of occasionally paying some quality time with his family, in debt up to his eyeballs because he keeps buying everything he wants when he wants it and not when he can afford it, on Prozac because his stupid employer actually expects him to work and he doesn't like to do that, self-medicating because his doctor told him that he doesn't need any more meds because his problem is that he needs to grow up, has latch-key kids because he hasn't paid any of his child support so his ex has to work three jobs to support the kids and subsequently there is no one home when they get off the bus, and they're on Ritalin because what they really have is a behavioral problem from lack of adult supervision - which wouldn't be the case if Daddy wasn't such an irresponsible loser.

All of what you wrote is indicative of never growing up and taking responsibility for your actions or realizing that your actions affect others. You know...childlike selfishness.

BTW, if what you wrote is the excuse Peter Pan types use to justify them not growing up, then it explains why they're fitting the "typical mold" in the excuse.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
EliotNess

Post by EliotNess »

TheSaint wrote:
EliotNess wrote:Headquarters then hastily edits the video segment to dumb down the resolution from 720x480 to 320x240 but stupidly leaves the "720x480" text that the camera records on the image intack{oops}.

Tampering with evidence, isn't that a felony?
Uh... no. Look up "forensic video" sometime.
Right Sherlock, that's why the feds broke a contiguous clip up into 3 distinct segments, with the one before and after the time in question being full unadulterated resolution and the one in the middle being the dumb down resolution and a different file format to boot. We have two 720x480 avi's and one 320x240 wmf clip, all produced by the same camera? It's like the ole' skit on Sesame Street, "Which one of these doesn't belong here." I guess the feds couldn't find decent video editing software, instead they hastily used Movie Maker!?

A real forensic video expert would make a working copy and leave the original unadulterated. That would be like destroying the Zapruder film to do "forensic video" analysis on it. Brilliant! Nothing to hide here!
EliotNess

Post by EliotNess »

CaptainKickback wrote: As for chesy background checks, the only thing cheesy I choose to be involved in is deciding between Machengo, Jarlsberg or a nice Wensleydale........
Hear ye, Hear ye, all hail the Big Cheese himself! All you need is a little whine with that .
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

EliotNess wrote:
CaptainKickback wrote: As for chesy background checks, the only thing cheesy I choose to be involved in is deciding between Machengo, Jarlsberg or a nice Wensleydale........
Hear ye, Hear ye, all hail the Big Cheese himself! All you need is a little whine with that .
How is this helping your brother?
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

EliotNess wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:
EliotNess wrote:I apologize for the snarkiness your highness, maybe I should resort to parables instead?
You can if you like. It'll go just as far towards getting your brother out of prison as anything else you're doing, but then again, helping your brother isn't why you're here, is it?
Too bad this isn't a job interview, try posting your resume here http://www.careerbuilder.com or try Citibank or Countrywide I hear they need help. Besides, ribbing you guys is great for stress relief.

What kind of "weapons analysis" was that, it wasn't financial weapons of mass destruction was it?

Anyway, your right, truce.
You gotta admire someone who tries to get in the last shot, and then declare a truce.

I'm talking "admire" in the sense of, "Wow, what an a**hole."

When is that "ignore" feature going to be working? This guy is a waste of electrons.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

waste of electrons
Seems to run in the family.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
TheSaint

Post by TheSaint »

EliotNess wrote:Right Sherlock, that's why the feds broke a contiguous clip up into 3 distinct segments, with the one before and after the time in question being full unadulterated resolution and the one in the middle being the dumb down resolution and a different file format to boot.
Considering the tremendous lengths Danny Riley has gone to to incriminate himself, I don't think think this video (which is supposed to prove what, exactly?) is going to be a key part of the prosecution's case.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

EliotNess wrote:Anyway, your right, truce.

But the Black Knight would know that it's "you're".
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

LPC wrote: When is that "ignore" feature going to be working? This guy is a waste of electrons.
Nonsense. I nominate this thread for best thread of the day. Then again, I am in a really borderline mood and a little vicarious pissing match may improve my mood.

I might as well jump in to see if that will help my mood.

Elliot, assuming that a US Marshall shot at your brother and missed, how does that have any impact on the guilt or innocence of your brother? I understand that it might make for a nice distraction from the issue at trial. However, as to actually assisting the jury in deciding whether or not your brother committed the crimes he has been charged with, what relevance does this have?
webhick

Post by webhick »

ErsatzAnatchist wrote:Then again, I am in a really borderline mood and a little vicarious pissing match may improve my mood.
How many interns would make you feel better? Did you want the Thumbtack Gun or the Ebil Goobermint Weather Machine? Would you break me off a piece of that Kit Kat Bar? Snap, Crackle, and Pop went missing sometime back and we not only think you killed them, we highly suspect that you've spent the last few months disposing of their dismembered corpses inside little bars of chocolate. Yeah, I went there. And stop trying to write your name in the snow outside your office. There's 5 feet of yellow near the back door and it's bringing down the property values.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
EliotNess

Post by EliotNess »

wserra wrote:But the Black Knight would know that it's "you're".
Every forum must have a self appointed grammer and spell check Nazi. Looks like we found the one for Quatloos.
ErsatzAnatchist

EliotNess wrote:
wserra wrote:But the Black Knight would know that it's "you're".
Every forum must have a self appointed grammer and spell check Nazi. Looks like we found the one for Quatloos.
Shouldn't there be a hyphen between "self" and "appointed"? Also, "grammer" is more properly spelled "grammar".

Thanks for throwing me the softball. :lol:

BTW, I spell at a fourth grade level and if it weren't for spell check, I would come across as the ignorant boob that I am. I failed my first assignment in law school because I forgot to spell check the final product (this was back before word processor programs underlined all my misspelled words in red).
ErsatzAnatchist

webhick wrote:
ErsatzAnatchist wrote:Then again, I am in a really borderline mood and a little vicarious pissing match may improve my mood.
How many interns would make you feel better? Did you want the Thumbtack Gun or the Ebil Goobermint Weather Machine? Would you break me off a piece of that Kit Kat Bar? Snap, Crackle, and Pop went missing sometime back and we not only think you killed them, we highly suspect that you've spent the last few months disposing of their dismembered corpses inside little bars of chocolate. Yeah, I went there. And stop trying to write your name in the snow outside your office. There's 5 feet of yellow near the back door and it's bringing down the property values.
:)

I'm not trying to write my name. I just want to melt the d*mn snow. :lol:

As for Snap, Crackle and Pop, well, lets just say that the Valentine's Day chocolate hearts had a little more heart than normal. :twisted:
wserra

Post by wserra »

EliotNess wrote:Every forum must have a self appointed grammer and spell check Nazi. Looks like we found the one for Quatloos.
"Nazi", huh? Well, at least I don't fiddle while my brother burns.

Of course, based on your blog and your posts here, you could be bringing the marshmallows.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
webhick

Post by webhick »

wserra wrote:
EliotNess wrote:Every forum must have a self appointed grammer and spell check Nazi. Looks like we found the one for Quatloos.
"Nazi", huh? Well, at least I don't fiddle while my brother burns.

Of course, based on your blog and your posts here, you could be bringing the marshmallows.
That just triggered a twisted image: A cartoon-like Danny Dogwalker: Family Staypuff in the microwave doing what all marshmallows do in the microwave...inflating and deflating.