Bernhoft and Barnes

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Bernhoft and Barnes

Post by Demosthenes »

Looks like they're doing well.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03012008/go ... _99870.htm
March 1, 2008 -- MICHELLE Williams' beleaguered dad has hired Wesley Snipes' team of crack tax lawyers in a bid to help beat his own troubles with Uncle Sam. Stock market whiz Larry Williams tapped Robert Bernhoft and Robert Barnes to defend him on three counts of attempted tax evasion. Williams is currently living in Australia as he awaits a court ruling on extradition. "He's eager to restore his good name and reputation," said Bernhoft, who earlier this month helped Snipes beat felony charges of conspiracy to defraud the IRS.
Demo.
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Re: Bernhoft and Barnes

Post by Joey Smith »

Except of course their "victory" in the Snipes case is such that Blade will probably spend 24 to 36 months with plenty of free time to practice his lines.

But then again, in the surreal world of the tax protestors, "Failure Sells" -- always has, always will. Just look at Irwin Schiff, Bill Benson, etc., who got totally clobbered and it only gave them greater financial success.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Bernhoft and Barnes were the guests on Banister's radio show earlier today.

Banister is now working as a travel agent.
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Michelle Williams' dad legal plea
March 03, 2008 12:00am

HIS daughter is one the world's most prominent leading ladies, but Larry Williams, 64, has rarely looked to Hollywood for a helping hand - until now.

In his ongoing battle to fight several charges of tax evasion, stock market whiz Williams has hired the same legal eagles who last month successfully cleared big name star Wesley Snipes of tax fraud and conspiracy.

Williams whose daughter Michelle is the mother of the late Heath Ledger's daughter Matilda, is wanted in the US for allegedly evading $1.9 million in tax.

While Australian magistrates are presently considering a request from US authorities to extradite Williams, a hearing date is yet to be set.

In the meantime, Williams, based in Sydney, is hoping to emulate the recent triumph of action hero Snipes by hiring his gun legal team.

Williams is tapping the resources of US lawyers Robert Bernhoft and Robert Barnes to defend him on the three counts of attempted tax evasion.

"I'm really confident of these guys and I'm really glad to have them on board," Williams told Confidential yesterday.

"They are heading up my legal team in America and I'm confident they will be successful. I want to get this situation resolved," Williams said.

Bernhoft, who earlier this month helped Snipes beat felony charges, is openly backing the estranged grandfather of Matilda. "He's eager to restore his good name and reputation," Bernhoft told The New York Post.
Demo.
TheSaint

Post by TheSaint »

Demosthenes wrote:Banister is now working as a travel agent.
That profession still exists?
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

travel agent
One of many steps on his way back to Enrolled Agent.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.