Tax cheating while cashing government subsidies

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Tax cheating while cashing government subsidies

Post by Demosthenes »

Austin man convicted of tax fraud
3/7/2008 9:39:12 AM
(0) Comments
By Tim Ruzek
Post-Bulletin, Austin MN
An Austin area farmer was found guilty Friday by a federal grand jury of filing false tax returns over several years and owing more than $200,000 in taxes.
Kevin J. Morse was convicted of all five counts in an indictment for filing false tax returns for the tax years of 1996 to 2000, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office. The verdict came after four hours of deliberation following a five-day trial in U.S. District Court in St. Paul.
A grand-jury indictment was filed June 27, 2007, against Morse, who also was convicted in 1999 in federal court of filing false tax returns for the tax years of 1991 to 1994, records show.
The case was the result of an investigation by the Internal Revenue Service.
The IRS said Morse filed returns showing no taxable income or owing taxes for four of five years between 1996 to 2000, and less than $1,000 in taxes owing for 2000, the attorney's office says.
Prosecutors presented evidence at trial showing Morse netted more than $680,000 on more than $1 million in revenue from farming, interest and dividends, government farm subsidies and rental of his land to other farmers, according to the release.
Overall Morse is believed to owe more than $200,000 in taxes for the years involved in the case.
At last week's trial, a tax preparer, who prepared returns for Morse in 2002 testified he calculated that Morse would owe more than $100,000 in back taxes, the U.S. Attorney's Office says. Instead of filing those returns, however, Morse filed returns in which he deducted all of his income using an irrelevant section of the tax code, and claimed to owe virtually no taxes.
Several other men who promoted the deduction Morse used are now under indictment and awaiting trial in Oregon.
Morse, who has been free on a $25,000 bond since August, faces a potential prison sentence of up to three years for each count.
U.S. District Judge Paul Magnuson will determine the sentence. A date for sentencing hasn't been scheduled yet.
Demo.
Demosthenes

Re: Tax cheating while cashing government subsidies

Post by Demosthenes »

An interesting exhibit list for the defense.

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/morseexhibits.pdf

Where is the Nickster (Neal Goldberg) these days?
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Here he is (spelling left intact).
http://www.nolanchart.com/author452.html

The BUCK stops here.
by Neal Goldberg (Libertarian)

About The Author
Neal Goldberg is an entrupenuer who got involved in politics this year through the highly energized popularity of Dr. Ron Paul. While he may or may not have a shot at the presidency, there is one thing that cannot be denied. It is the Main stream media that has the ability today to put thoughts and words in your head that has no bearing on the current situation causeing mass confusion.

This has caused me to help people really understand why all the confusion is out there, when in reality, it seems so simple. People tell me that I am funny, and I should be a stand up and people tell me I am extremely smart and I should have been a colomnist. So, as I sit down to write this, I understand where I have put myself.

I venture to make the complex very understandable. I hope you agree.

About The Column
Supplying real life answers to the screwed up information brought to you by the media.
THE PROBLEM WITH POLITICAL CATAGORIES
Published: February 8, 2008
With the advent of the new attack first, ask questions later policy of George Bush, the status quo conservatives have lost their way.
Demo.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

The BUCK stops here.
Did anyone else get a flashback to American Gothic?
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Neal Goldberg wrote:
It is the Main stream media that has the ability today to put thoughts and words in your head that has [sic] no bearing on the current situation causeing [sic] mass confusion.
The Main stream media? I thought it was the space aliens from the planet Mongo-25 that were putting those thoughts and words into your head. Or was is the Illuminati? Or was it -- oh, no matter. A properly designed tin foil hat will solve the problem.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Demosthenes wrote:An interesting exhibit list for the defense.

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/morseexhibits.pdf

Nice to see yet another copy of FTF has been introduced in court. :brickwall:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Randall
Warden of the Quatloosian Sane Asylum
Location: The Deep South, so deep I'm almost in Rhode Island.

Post by Randall »

If only he hadn't accepted those government farm subsidies, then he wouldn't have been a federal employee. :shock:
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Morse filed returns in which he deducted all of his income using an irrelevant section of the tax code, and claimed to owe virtually no taxes.
I believe that the "irrelevant section" in question is section 1341, the "claim of right" deduction promoted by Joseph Saladino, among others. (There are references to Saladino in the list of exhibits.)
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

I venture to make the complex very understandable.
A refreshing change from his usual venture, making the understandable hopelessly complex.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat