Jose announced his plan to get Reno acquitted.

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Re: Jose announced his plan to get Reno acquitted.

Post by Demosthenes »

VanMeters Revenge wrote:Photos of the weapons he happened to had made repairs on while he was in IRAQ. :angrybird:
You think the government plans on introducing weapons he handled in Iraq into evidence in this trial?
Demo.
TheSaint

Post by TheSaint »

Demosthenes wrote:Danny's witness list.
5. Torin Wolf, Austin, Texas
Here's another winner. Torin Wolf is an Alex Jones wannabe with a background in tarot card reading.
VanMeters Revenge

Post by VanMeters Revenge »

Nikki wrote:Was that a sentence that was supposed to mean something or just a place holder for an icon showing both digits of your IQ?

hmmm lets see you guys are the ones paying into the system and LOVE it, that has alot to say about your IQ, and love to see the suffering of your fellow americans every april 15th. I would say you are the ones fucked in the head.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

VanMeters Revenge wrote:
Nikki wrote:Was that a sentence that was supposed to mean something or just a place holder for an icon showing both digits of your IQ?

hmmm lets see you guys are the ones paying into the system and LOVE it, that has alot to say about your IQ, and love to see the suffering of your fellow americans every april 15th. I would say you are the ones fucked in the head.
You REALLY need to get back on those medications. You don't want to be hospitalized again, do you?
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

VanMeters Revenge wrote:hmmm lets see you guys are the ones paying into the system and LOVE it, that has alot to say about your IQ, and love to see the suffering of your fellow americans every april 15th. I would say you are the ones fucked in the head.
Let's look at two different groups of people.

1. Group #1 doesn't like to pay taxes, but understands that the law requires the payment of taxes, so they reluctantly file returns, and grudgingly pay the taxes, all the while voicing their opposition to taxes and voting to try to change the laws. They tend to live relatively happy lives, working at jobs they enjoy, marrying and having families, and having healthy social lives.

2. Group #2 doesn't like to pay taxes and insists that there is no obligation to pay taxes, so they don't file returns and don't pay taxes, even though they are told that they have to, and so they end up in court and in jail. They tend to live relatively unhappy lives, constantly fighting in court, unemployed, suffering through divorces, and spending time in prison and alone.

Donna van Meter believes that group #1 is "fucked in the head" and she has chosen to be part of group #2.

That's her choice, but not mine.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

VanMeters Revenge wrote:

We don't love paying taxes. We hate the idea of living in one of those countries that don't have taxes, which leads to things like cops collecting their salaries directly from the citizens.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Dogwalker has filed his exhibit list and it looks like his defense is that he was victimized that fateful day he was tased while walking the dog.

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/riley327.pdf
Demo.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Demosthenes wrote:If it weren't for jury nullification, the show Boston Legal wouldn't exist. The concept is in practically every episode.
Which is why I quit watching the show. It was among my favorites, but I just got tired of screaming at the TV - "You can't do that!!" "what the hell?!" "oh come on, that's absurd!". Oh well....
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Ironically, the only case where jury nullification didn't work on the show was when the jury finds James Spader's tax protesting secretary guilty. EVen more ironic is that tax protesters love to cut and paste Spader's tax protest closing argument from that episode but not a single TP yet has mentioned that the defendent was convicted, despite the speech.
Demo.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Demosthenes wrote:Dogwalker has filed his exhibit list and it looks like his defense is that he was victimized that fateful day he was tased while walking the dog.
I wonder if DTDW's court-appointed lawyer is going to be able to get him to understand the concept of "relevance."

That kind of cognitive deficit is not limited to tax deniers. I'm amazed at how often I have to tell clients that their grievances about something that happened X years ago really has nothing to do with the legal and factual issues now before the court. That the other side did something bad many years ago may still be very important to the client, but the judge really doesn't want to hear about it, and the client often can't understand why.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

I submit much of what we see is akin to this:

It was six men of Indostan
To learning much inclined,
Who went to see the Elephant
(Though all of them were blind),
That each by observation
Might satisfy his mind.

The First approached the Elephant,
And happening to fall
Against his broad and sturdy side,
At once began to bawl:
"God bless me! but the Elephant
Is very like a wall!"

The Second, feeling of the tusk,
Cried, "Ho! what have we here
So very round and smooth and sharp?
To me 'tis mighty clear
This wonder of an Elephant
Is very like a spear!"

The Third approached the animal,
And happening to take
The squirming trunk within his hands,
Thus boldly up and spake:
"I see," quoth he, "the Elephant
Is very like a snake!"

The Fourth reached out an eager hand,
And felt about the knee.
"What most this wondrous beast is like
Is mighty plain," quoth he;
"Tis clear enough the Elephant
Is very like a tree!"

The Fifth, who chanced to touch the ear,
Said: "E'en the blindest man
Can tell what this resembles most;
Deny the fact who can
This marvel of an Elephant
Is very like a fan!"

The Sixth no sooner had begun
About the beast to grope,
Than, seizing on the swinging tail
That fell within his scope,
"I see," quoth he, "the Elephant
Is very like a rope!"

And so these men of Indostan
Disputed loud and long,
Each in his own opinion
Exceeding stiff and strong,
Though each was partly in the right,
And all were in the wrong!

Moral:
So oft in theologic wars,
The disputants, I ween,
Rail on in utter ignorance
Of what each other mean,
And prate about an Elephant
Not one of them has seen!

John Godfrey Saxe (1816-1887)

Substitute "legal mythology" for "theologic wars" and I think that pretty well 'splains it. :wink:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

CaptainKickback wrote: Again, I could be wrong on this.
Yes, you could. Not married, eh Cap'n?
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Dezcad wrote:
CaptainKickback wrote: Again, I could be wrong on this.
Yes, you could. Not married, eh Cap'n?
Actually, for a single man, the good Captain has it quite right. I still get yelled at for things that happened four years ago by my wife.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

In my experience, both sexes do their fair share of throwing things back in the other's face.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Demosthenes wrote:Dogwalker has filed his exhibit list and it looks like his defense is that he was victimized that fateful day he was tased while walking the dog.
It was the Meridian of Time.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4