Brown supporter trial (Continued)

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
ErsatzAnatchist

Re: Brown supporter trial (Continued)

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

UGA Lawdog wrote:
ErsatzAnatchist wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:Reno's cross examination starts at 8:30 am for those who can make it.
:@#$: :@#$: :@#$: :@#$: :@#$: :@#$: :@#$: :@#$:

I have Court in Manchester at 9:00 and 10:30. I will see if I can get out of my 10:30 hearings and get back to Concord, ASAP.
How long is that drive? 15 minutes?

Such tiny little states you have up there. :D
By the time I get parked it is about 25 minutes, plus 10 minutes to get through security. Of my two 10:30 hearings, I do not need to show up at one. I may be able to get the other one resolved at the call of the 9:00 list if opposing counsel is there. My 9:00 is pretty simple, so maybe I can get on the road by 9:30 and in Court by 10:00. Just in time for cross examination :D
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

in Court by 10:00. Just in time for cross examination
Cross examinations starts at 8:30 am.

I've posted my update for the day. Sorry, it's kind of long but Reno's story was interesting IMHO.

http://www.redcrayons.net

I had lunch with Bill Riley, Scoop, and Joe Haas today.

PS: Scoop is really pretty. I've got pictures, but they'll cost you.
Demo.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

PS: Scoop is really pretty. I've got pictures, but they'll cost you.

now don't go ruining the market, you had your chance to cash in and I was planning on getting covert pictures to sell in order to finance my road trip!

:naughty:
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Demosthenes wrote:PS: Scoop is really pretty.
I'd like to add that she's borderline "model pretty", with the only thing keeping her on this side of the border being that her eyes do not contain the soulless drugged-up predictable illiterate zombified hollowness so obviously prevalent in models. Other than that, she's fierce.

I know these things. I watch those stupid model shows. Question me on this, I will make you "smile with your eyes" while I will drag your toenails through your nostrils and you're forced to watch Tyra Banks bing on baby back ribs. And then we'll make you over to look like a drag queen.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Bud Dickman

Post by Bud Dickman »

From VanMeter on another forum, Jose is not a piece of ........

I just got word from Jose that he was cohersed by the attorneys to take the fifth, he was wanting to provide information and testimony and was told if he didnt take the Fifth that he will be brought up on additional charges besides the bogus ones made up by Amy Williamson back in Texas, which we all know she is on their payroll ( i thought i smelt a rat! tried to warn people especially Jose!) anyways in addition to that they forced him to lawyer up with a Kevin Sharkie and told he had mentioned going up to the Browns and making the suggestion of putting up some plywood in ed and elaines windows. He made it quite clear he wanted to stand witness and testify some useful information for Reno, but while they were debating weather or not he would take the stand when Reno took the stand. So Jose signed but under duress! MORE INTIMIDATION! when will it stop?
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

I was very upset that Jose didn't take the stand.

Prosecutor: Isn't it true, Mr. Gonzalez, that you've been charged with the felony assault with a deadly weapon of a woman who you believed to be a federal witness in this case?

Jose: I take the 5th, your honor.

Prosecutor: No further questions.
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Argh. I've been in New Hampshire less than two weeks and today is the third snow storm.

Must ... go ... home.
Demo.
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

Demosthenes wrote:Argh. I've been in New Hampshire less than two weeks and today is the third snow storm.

Must ... go ... home.
This is hardly a storm. A storm requires at least four inches of snow. We will probably get less than two inches of snow. The public schools opened on time.

Don't worry Demo. It will turn into rain by mid-day. :haha:
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Demosthenes wrote:I had lunch with Bill Riley, Scoop, and Joe Haas today.
So, what was Joe like?
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Bud Dickman wrote:From VanMeter on another forum, Jose is not a piece of ........

[Snip complete and utter bullshit.]
I've seen this copout happen, live and in person, on multiple occasions.

No lawyer can make someone claim the privilege. The "someone" can politely thank the lawyer for the advice, then go his own way; or s/he can tell the lawyer to take the advice and shove it, and go his own way. This could take seconds, and the key is the part about "going his own way".

What we have here is a bunch of internet Rambos who, when the chips are down, turn into courtroom pussies. Every one of them made his or her own decision. From their own asses' points of view, that decision was quite likely the right one. It appears likely that their testimony would have harmed (rather than helped) the Spurious Three in any event. But the decision to claim the privilege was theirs and no one else's.

In the unlikely event that any of them are reading this: Talk is cheap.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
webhick

Post by webhick »

Demosthenes wrote:Argh. I've been in New Hampshire less than two weeks and today is the third snow storm.
This one's a slush storm. Doesn't count.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
webhick

Post by webhick »

Van Meter wrote:I just got word from Jose that he was cohersed by the attorneys to take the fifth, he was wanting to provide information and testimony and was told if he didnt take the Fifth that he will be brought up on additional charges
Since this appears to be a "first round" of indictments or some such, something tells me he may get charged no matter if he took the stand or not. Taking the stand and providing more information, under oath, to support the charges would have been like gravy. You'd think the Feds would want him on the stand. It certainly would make their jobs easier.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Demo wrote:
Argh. I've been in New Hampshire less than two weeks and today is the third snow storm.
What exactly is snow, anyway?

--Famspear, located somewhere in south Texas, where the current temperature is about 75 (9:00 am central time).
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

Famspear wrote:Demo wrote:
What exactly is snow, anyway?

--Famspear, located somewhere in south Texas, where the current temperature is about 75 (9:00 am central time).
Famspear and I don't understand. You say that frozen water falls from the sky? Hell, we call that hail. We sometimes get enough to ski (I know, if God had wanted Texans to ski, he have made cow s#@t white).

By the way, it's so dry here we'd take snow, slush, sleet, or pretty much anything else we could get.
Prof, in San Antonio, where its already about 80.
"My Health is Better in November."
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Prof wrote:[...(I know, if God had wanted Texans to ski, he have made cow s#@t white)
No, that's what Utah and Colorado are for. 8)
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Things I have learned from VanMeter about Jose:
I just got word from Jose that he was cohersed by the attorneys to take the fifth
(1) Jose has no ability to stand up to lawyers
(2) Jose has no ability to think for himself
(3) Jose has no backbone
(4) Jose has no loyalty for his son
(5) Jose is unable to face the music.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

We got two inches of snow here yesterday, and its about 30 degrees right now.

Dinner with Scoop, Bill Riley and Joe Haas - now that would be an interesting dinner. I wish that I could make it over there. But its a tad far away, for a day trip.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Cpt Banjo
Fretful leader of the Quat Quartet

Post by Cpt Banjo »

CaptainKickback wrote:As a bonus, SoCal hardly has any Texans. :twisted: :roll: :whistle:
Which simply demonstrates the intelligence and good taste of Texans.
"Run get the pitcher, get the baby some beer." Rev. Gary Davis
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

Cpt Banjo wrote:
CaptainKickback wrote:As a bonus, SoCal hardly has any Texans. :twisted: :roll: :whistle:
Or, their intelligence. Most Texans don't like the ground shaking except during a good rodeo.
Cobalt Shiva
Black Seas Commodore Designate

Post by Cobalt Shiva »

ASITStands wrote:
Cpt Banjo wrote:
Or, their intelligence. Most Texans don't like the ground shaking except during a good rodeo.
We don't get hurricanes.