TP FAQ Update

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

TP FAQ Update

Post by LPC »

I've just posted an update to the TP FAQ at http://evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html

I'm just adding new decisions as they arise, and this update includes:

1. A new section on religious objections.

2. More recent decisions on the Paperwork Reduction Act arguments.

There might also be some other changes/additions I've forgotten about, but I don't think so, because I had updated the FAQ as recently as last January, so there wasn't much else new to add.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Re: TP FAQ Update

Post by The Operative »

Thanks Dan. Your FAQ helps a lot when I meet someone who has either just started or is about to start the TP path to destruction.
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Je vous remercie, Dan! Par les efforts de Dan Evans, nous avons les outils pour enseigner la loi aux protestataires d'impots!
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Famspear wrote:Je vous remercie, Dan! Par les efforts de Dan Evans, nous avons les outils pour enseigner la loi aux protestataires d'impots!
Yeah, right. Whatever.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Famspear wrote:Je vous remercie, Dan! Par les efforts de Dan Evans, nous avons les outils pour enseigner la loi aux protestataires d'impots!
Et peut-être Le Pape est juif. :wink:
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Yeah, when it comes to tax protesters, my general impression is that the success rate, the recovery rate for pulling these people back from their delusion, might not be too impressive. Anyway, saving people from their own folly -- while an admirable goal -- is not the sole or even primary motivation, at least not for me.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Doktor Avalanche wrote:
Et peut-être Le Pape est juif. :wink:
looks suspiciously like computer-translated French... :wink: But I'm out of practice anyway, its been several years since I lived in France. In any event, it adds a nice international feel to the forum.

But yes, thanks Dan for your FAQ. I must admit that I have used it often as a research tool when responding to TP motions.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

My French verbiage looks like computer-generated stuff probably because I took French so long ago (and never use it, and never have lived in France).

Dan's Tax Protester FAQ resource is the very best secondary source that I know of. I use CCH on line for day to day tax research, and on the subject of tax protesters Dan has CCH beat in terms of coverage, organization, and presentation, hands down.
Weathervane

Post by Weathervane »

Good work Dan.

I like to think that if I had that kind of information available to me (back in the pre/proto internet era) that it may have disuaded me from making a huge blunder, but who knows, I was pretty high on the K-A.

Hopefully, you've saved a few people from a life of regret.