When someone loses their mind . . .

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Nick

When someone loses their mind . . .

Post by Nick »

it's sad.

I came in to the office this morning and found a phone message that a particular client has taken a mid six figure amount from his bank account and put it in his safety deposit box. He told the secretary that I told him to do it. I think I did mention that it seems banks aren't paying much interest these days, but then he goes and does something like this saying it's my idea.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Re: When someone loses their mind . . .

Post by webhick »

I've seen this before - he didn't lose his mind. He simply wanted to take his money out of the bank and put it in a safety deposit box. When you told him that banks aren't paying much interest these days, he saw as implicit permission to do what he wanted, regardless of what you actually said.

The only thing I do when this comes up is set the record straight in writing, and tell him to stop telling people that you advised him to do this. You may also want to let him know that many banks have a clause in the lease/contract prohibiting the storage of money in safety deposit boxes and he should take a long look at that contract.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

"What a waste it is to lose one's mind."
- Dan Quayle
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

CaptainKickback wrote: Or he can [spend some] on cocaine and $4,000 a night hookers.
...and waste the rest.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
wserra

Post by wserra »

UGA Lawdog wrote:I think Danny was trying to remember the old tagline for the United Negro College Fund, which was "A mind is a terrible thing to waste."
It's worse than that - he said it at a UNCF fundraiser.

It's unclear who he thought had lost his mind.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

wserra wrote:"What a waste it is to lose one's mind."
- Dan Quayle
and he should know!
Or he can blow it all on cocaine and $4,000 a night hookers.
It is to be noted for the record that the Governor was paying not only for the time and companionship, but also for travel arrangements from NY-DC and etc...
The actual hourly rate is a much more reasonable $300-$500 :Axe:
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Well, I finally got back in touch with him. It seems the secretary here put it all in the worst light possible. He simply had a $400,000 CD mature, they wrote him a check and he put it in the safe deposit box while he looks around for a better rate than what the bank was offering him to roll it into another CD. Certainly far different than how the secretary described it.

She's messin' with my mind.
Weathervane

Post by Weathervane »

Nick wrote: He simply had a $400,000 CD mature
The big question now is what's he going to do with the $12.50 he made.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Nick wrote:It seems the secretary here put it all in the worst light possible.
::snip::
Certainly far different than how the secretary described it.

She's messin' with my mind.
Methinks you need to swap out all her noxious correction fluid with the correction tape, and tell her to stop inhaling so deeply around the sharpies.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
iplawyer

Post by iplawyer »

He simply had a $400,000 CD mature, they wrote him a check and he put it in the safe deposit box while he looks around
But why didn't he deposit the check in an account earning some interest in the mean time. What the hell is the point of putting it in his safe deposit box? Now I still think your client is losing his mind and that your secretary is a nit wit. Is she good looking?
Kimokeo

Post by Kimokeo »

When someone loses their mind...

another person picks up the mineral rights.