blackout of news from District court Hawaii

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Re: blackout of news from District court Hawaii

Post by jcolvin2 »

wserra wrote:IOW, we want . . . information.
... by hook or by crook ...
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

I am not a number. I am a free cat with a melon on her head.
Demo.
Cpt Banjo
Fretful leader of the Quat Quartet

Post by Cpt Banjo »

I bet the rear of the helmet has a big 6 on it.
"Run get the pitcher, get the baby some beer." Rev. Gary Davis
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Cpt Banjo wrote:I bet the rear of the helmet has a big 6 on it.
Or perhaps three of them...... :wink:
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

I've turn around a hundred times but I can't see the back of my helmet.
Demo.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Dezcad wrote:
Or perhaps three of them...... :wink:
It has the all seeing eye on the back. With flames on the side - flames don't mean anything, she just thought it'd look cool.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Cpt Banjo

Post by Cpt Banjo »

Demosthenes wrote:
I've turn around a hundred times but I can't see the back of my helmet.
I'm sure this gentleman will tell you what's there.

LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Who's number 1?
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Cobalt Shiva
Black Seas Commodore Designate

Post by Cobalt Shiva »

LPC wrote:
Who's number 1?
That would be telling.
Cpt Banjo

Post by Cpt Banjo »

LPC wrote:
Who's number 1?
I always thought it would turn out to be the butler.

alohabunny

Post by alohabunny »

Demosthenes you're the best........a big mahalo for the blow by blow. I guess they are "serious" about trying Mr. Bennett. With this situation pending for several years I had my doubts, but I guess that all of the kidding around is over. For the parties involved in this re-trial it must seem like watching a movie all over again.

What is the procedure required for obtaining the testimony from the witnesses?

To all of the ever so sharp Quatloosians, I can tell that I could learn a lot from this group, and sometime I hope to return the favor, my aloha to you all.

Demosthenes, your cat is very majestic even with the interesting helmet......
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Some of the CrackHeads are following this case. Here's a post by "oldhawaiiscot" on 11 April 2008 at

http://www.losthorizons.com/phpBB/viewt ... =3124#3124

in the thread entitled "Prosecutions?" where jg was recently banned for disclosing the court defeat of Peter Hendrickson and Cracking the Code:
Submarine Veteran,

This old leatherneck would like to differ a little with you on allowing trolls on the forum.

At least not for the present.

"Lucky" Bennett is undergoing a second trial, his lawyer is Larry Becraft, here in Honolulu for not filing. The first one was a mistrial, so naturally the IRS is going after him again. I only had the opportunity to attend part of one morning's defense when Lucky was testifying. And, at that time, the tilt of the testimony was about showing the IRS code does NOT state that personal pay for services rendered is taxable income.

A group of us ctc folks here had the chance to have dinner with Lucky and Larry about a week ago. There were ten people there. A couple of youngsters and most of us 50+. One gal was very confused, as she has been raked over the coals, had her house taken away from her, loss of retirement, the whole nine yards. What little money she had(told me by her) that she gave to a lawyer to assist her, basically told her she needed to submit 1040's for the years she hadn't submitted and bend over and wait for the IRS to not use any Vaseline while they reamed her.

So she is emotionally very stressed. A few of us during the meeting tried to fill her in on rebutting her 1099's and W-2's.. She is in a "fog" mentally and emotionally.

So if she were to come on this forum and see the "argument" presented by someone like JG6, it would further depress her.

So I would like to see her build her resiliency up before having her face a***ses like JG6.

Kinda like gotta send 'em to boot camp before we ship out to fight.

HTH.
(bolding added)

The people in a "fog" of course are the CrackHeads. And it's posts like this one that hopefully will come back to haunt them.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Bashful

Post by Bashful »

And it sounds like the gal actually got good legal advice, which they negated. And, of course, they don't take the blame for leading her astray. Hypocrites.
alohabunny

Post by alohabunny »

I am particularly interested in the testimony from some of the witnesses in this trial, how does one get transcripts in a case like this?
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

alohabunny wrote:I am particularly interested in the testimony from some of the witnesses in this trial, how does one get transcripts in a case like this?
The same as in any case - if you don't know someone who will give you copies, then you have to buy them from the court reporter.

It's not cheap.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

04/09/2008 235 EP : FURTHER JURY TRIAL 9TH DAY - Defendant Hamlet C. Bennett present. Discussion held re: 3 supplemental jury instructions filed by the defendant, verdict form, and Indictment. Jurors present. Defendant's Witness: Hamlet C. Bennett resumed for continued cross examination, re direct examination and re cross examination. Government's Admitted Exhibits: 412 and 413. Defendant rests (1:12p.m.) Court instructs the Jurors No objection to the manner or order in which the instructions were read. Closing arguments by the parties. Alternate Jurors conditionally excused. Bailiff Henry Kamai sworn. Jurors begin their deliberation. Further Jury Deliberation continued to 4/10/08 @ 9:00 a.m.(Jury Trial as to Hamlet C. Bennett held on 4/9/2008, as to Hamlet C. Bennett( Jury Trial continued to 09:00 AM on 4/10/2008 before JUDGE SUSAN OKI MOLLWAY.) (Court Reporter Debra Chun.) (JUDGE SUSAN OKI MOLLWAY)(emt, ) (Entered: 04/10/2008)

04/09/2008 236 JURY INSTRUCTIONS as to Hamlet C. Bennett. (emt, ) (Entered: 04/10/2008)
04/10/2008 237 EP : FURTHER JURY DELIBERATION 2ND DAY - Jurors continue their deliberation. Further Jury Deliberation continued to 4/11/08 @ 9:00 a.m.(Jury Trial as to Hamlet C. Bennett held on 4/10/2008, as to Hamlet C. Bennett Jury Trial continued to 09:00 AM on 4/11/2008 before JUDGE SUSAN OKI MOLLWAY.) (JUDGE SUSAN OKI MOLLWAY)(emt, ) (Entered: 04/11/2008)

04/11/2008 238 EP : FURTHER JURY DELIBERATION 3RD DAY - Jurors continue their deliberation.(11:40 a.m.) Bailiff notified the Court that the Jurors have reached a verdict.(12:00 p.m.) - Jurors present. Defendant Hamlet C. Bennett present. Jurors inform the Court that they have reached a verdict, and that it is unanimous.Verdict published - Guilty as to Counts 1 - 6. Jurors polled, and the verdict is unanimous. Jurors discharged. Court informs the Jurors that they may have lunch today at the court's expense. Referred for presentence investigation and report, and sentencing is set for 8/4/08 @ 3:00 p.m. SOM. Government's request that the defendant be remanded - Granted. Defendant remanded to the custody of the USM. Mr. Becraft requests an additional 10 days to file post trial motions - no objection by the government - Granted. Mr. Becraft to file any motions by 4/28/08.(Jury Trial as to Hamlet C. Bennett held on 4/11/2008, as to Hamlet C. Bennett Sentencing set for 8/4/2008 03:00 PM before JUDGE SUSAN OKI MOLLWAY.) (Court Reporter Debra Chun.) (JUDGE SUSAN OKI MOLLWAY)(emt, ) (Entered: 04/11/2008)
Demo.
alohabunny

Post by alohabunny »

Demosthenes Aloha,

I really appreciate your sharing this information with me.......it has been several years since the IRS started this case which has seemed like Chinese water torture slowly drip drip dripping. Despite the many twists and turns I guess it is all done but the crying......I can't help but wonder why he ever listened to Lamar Hardy, his tax "guru", who told him that all he needed to do was to file a "statement" each tax period stating that he "did not owe any taxes". Mr. Hardy was sentenced to 13 years, that should have been enough to convince Mr. Bennett to make a deal with the IRS and pay his back taxes. It is fine to have principles and beliefs, but when it comes to doing prison time, principles be damned......it can't have been worth it.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

alohabunny wrote:Demosthenes Aloha,

I really appreciate your sharing this information with me.......it has been several years since the IRS started this case which has seemed like Chinese water torture slowly drip drip dripping. Despite the many twists and turns I guess it is all done but the crying......I can't help but wonder why he ever listened to Lamar Hardy, his tax "guru", who told him that all he needed to do was to file a "statement" each tax period stating that he "did not owe any taxes". Mr. Hardy was sentenced to 13 years, that should have been enough to convince Mr. Bennett to make a deal with the IRS and pay his back taxes. It is fine to have principles and beliefs, but when it comes to doing prison time, principles be damned......it can't have been worth it.
They believe these theories with a great passion and fervor. Their beliefs are not based on reason or logic, but rather are based out of an emotional fixation. I was conversing with a TP not to long ago and I told them that the person who started that theory was in jail. His response, "(my name), you know that just because a person is in jail doesn't mean that he was wrong. I believe he was right". What can you say to that? No amount of reason will change their mind.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
alohabunny

Post by alohabunny »

The apparent lack of logic baffles me. Seemingly intelligent people arguing that there are flaws in the legal requirements, etc., etc. or some vague wording in an Constitutional Amendment, when logic should point to the fact that if there were such "flaws", it would take the government/Congress about one day to make the necessary changes to legally require everyone to pay taxes. Most agree that the tax system needs an overhaul, but to risk going to jail to make a point that the government has not made enough laws to require people to pay income taxes is beyond me. As George Bush said "the Constitution is just a G.D. piece of paper"......so how is that going to defend anyone.
alohabunny

Post by alohabunny »

December 13, 2005
Internet news site Capitol Hill Blue (http://www.capitolhillblue.com) founder Doug Thompson wrote in his column on December 9 that in a private meeting with congressional leaders, President G.W. Bush was urged to take caution in implementing his new Patriot Act because it would potentially "alienate conservatives." According to Thompson, the president retorted by saying, "I don't give a g-d-, I'm the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way!"

During that same meeting, Thompson quotes an aide as telling Mr. Bush, "There is a valid case that the provisions in this law [the Patriot Act] undermine the Constitution." Thompson quotes the President as screaming back, "Stop throwing the Constitution in my face. It's just a g-d- piece of paper!"

I was not there, but I have heard this over and over, so I Googled it and there are pages of references to that quote, so I am assuming he did say that....why do you doubt it?????