Reno's new trial date

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Reno's new trial date

Post by Demosthenes »

The retrial date for the two hung jury counts against Reno Gonzalez has been scheduled for June 23, 2008.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Re: Reno's new trial date

Post by webhick »

That was fast.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Yeah, I really expected quite a dealy. Possibly mixing him in with Elaine and Ed. Crim law attorneys - do the speedy trial rules apply to a re-trial situation like this?
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Scoop

Post by Scoop »

Imalawman wrote:Yeah, I really expected quite a dealy. Possibly mixing him in with Elaine and Ed. Crim law attorneys - do the speedy trial rules apply to a re-trial situation like this?
My sources tell me yes.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Bud usually posts stuff from the NH Underground forum, but since he's MIA along with 40+ unfortunate others, here's an interesting nugget from the forum:
JosephSHaas wrote:P.S. Jason told me that one of his attorneys told him that that outburst by Reno of to the jury of: you have the right of jury nullification, has resulted in another charge (of up to 3 years) interference with the jury; added onto the other two charges to be re-tried.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie