Press Release: Group Beats the IRS in Court

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
AdamW

Re: Press Release: Group Beats the IRS in Court

Post by AdamW »

The Operative wrote:The jurors aren't acquitting because the government refuses to show the law. The government shows the law to the defendants many times. The jurors acquit because the defendants are able to convince the jurors that the defendants were too stupid to know they had to file or pay taxes. I know that sounds a little ridiculous, but it is basically the truth. The most common criminal charge against a tax protester is "WILLFUL failure to file tax returns". The key word is "willful". If the defendant convinces the jury that he/she truly believed they didn't have to file, the jury should acquit.
I am fascinated with your argument. I truly respect your intelligence and would love to know what undergraduate and graduate school you attended. Unfortunately I don't have time to reply fully but I certainly will this weekend.

The way you attempt to rationalize your belief is astounding to me because you have no consideration for if you are wrong -- to the degree that it appears that you know you are indeed wrong and are merely arguing technicalities and twisting logic in a concerted effort to color the truth.

Do you realize that you essentially said that I if believe sincerely that there is no law to require me to file taxes then I will never be charged with willful failure to file tax returns because I will never willfully fail to file. I have no liability because I believe so, thus I am innocent?

Besides, every juror I've read on big tax cases that have acquitted didn't say the defendant was "too stupid". Rather they say the government could never produce a law that says to file (there's a statute that says "make a return" but not "file a return") thus they believed the defendant was too smart and knew he had no liability.

I will review the websites posted and post a detailed reply to your so-called facts.

Thanks again for providing such intriguing insight but I would suggest reading about econometrics, military keynesianism and economic integration before you wholeheartedly dismiss the private Federal Reserve and the IRS as great benefits to the nation. Also I love how you merely disregard the warnings of a private Central Bank and fiat currencies from Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Jackson, Franklin Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln and Woodroow Wilson.

Question -- who profits when trillions of dollars of new money are created? There is no profit from the banks who own the Fed by keynesianism? Who profits from NAFTA, CAFTA, GATT? Who profits from the SPP.GOV? Who profits from the Treaty of Lisbon / the New Federal European Union?

The full Grace Commission excerpt:
Resistance to additional income taxes would be even more widespread if people were aware that:

* One-third of all their taxes is consumed by waste and inefficiency in the Federal Government as we identified in our survey.
* Another one-third of all their taxes escapes collection from others as the underground economy blossoms in direct proportion to tax increases and places even more pressure on law abiding taxpayers, promoting still more underground economy-a vicious cycle that must be broken.
* With two-thirds of everyone's personal income taxes wasted or not collected, 100 percent of what is collected is absorbed solely by interest on the Federal debt and by Federal Government contributions to transfer payments. In other words, all individual income tax revenues are gone before one nickel is spent on the services which taxpayers expect from their Government.
Perhaps we can have a new Grace Commission to see where that HALF TRILLION (!) in interest payments goes to. And the Fed is not as open as you say, there are Congressman on the Banking Committee that don't even get all the details of what goes on in their secretive meetings.
AdamW

Post by AdamW »

I also wanted to say hello to the Department of Justice employee (wdcsunXX.usdoj.gov) and other government workers on here (not saying any are posters). I don't want to post this person IP address, just wanted to invite them to research the Fed, the IRS and the CFR for themselves.
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

AdamW wrote:Reagan's 1984 Grace Commission said this:

"100% of what is collected is absorbed solely by interest on the Federal Debt ... all
individual income tax revenues are gone before one nickel is spent on the services
taxpayers expect from government."
I'd like to add a comment about the Grace Commission List.

A copy of the actual report can be found here, and the relevant section here.
Resistance to additional income taxes would be even more widespread if people were aware that:

* One-third of all their taxes is consumed by waste and inefficiency in the Federal Government as we identified in our survey.
* Another one-third of all their taxes escapes collection from others as the underground economy blossoms in direct proportion to tax increases and places even more pressure on law abiding taxpayers, promoting still more underground economy-a vicious cycle that must be broken.
* With two-thirds of everyone's personal income taxes wasted or not collected, 100 percent of what is collected is absorbed solely by interest on the Federal debt and by Federal Government contributions to transfer payments. In other words, all individual income tax revenues are gone before one nickel is spent on the services which taxpayers expect from their Government.
Notice, the first one-third collected was lost to waste and inefficiency in the government. The second one-third appears not to have been collected, and 100% of the last one-third is the portion under dispute. It was not 100% of all that was collected.

To further illustrate, take a look at the actual budget table from 1983 (pg. 18).

According to the actual budget, fully 40¢ of every dollar collected in tax revenues came from "individual income taxes," and only 13¢ of every dollar spent was spent on interest.

Now, how do we explain the 100% of the last third collected? Hmm.

Since the Grace Commission was speaking of those revenues collected as "individual income taxes," as opposed to those revenues collected as "excise taxes," "corporation income taxes" or "Social Security receipts," we'll conduct a little computation.

One third of 40¢ is roughly 13.3¢ Hmm. Now, we begin to see the comparison. 13¢ of every dollar spent was spent on interest, so it'd be correct to say, "100% of the last one-third collected as 'individual income taxes' was absorbed solely by interest on the national debt."

In other words, that which is passed off as absolute in the tax movement once again becomes somewhat less than what actually happened when reviewed in the light of day.

Now, in regards to other issues, such as:
AdamW wrote:... what about the people who have beaten the IRS in court? Are the jurors making a mistake when the government refuses to show the law?
As already explained, a criminal tax defendant can overcome the charges in a court of law by showing a "good faith misunderstanding," or some other "good faith" defense.

A Cheek defense includes a "good faith misunderstanding" of income tax laws.

It's not that you sincerely believe the income tax is illegal, and are therefore absolved, but that you can show by factual evidence, by exhibit and testimony, you had a sincere misunderstanding of the income tax law and its requirements.

However, none of that means the government refuses to show the defendant the law, and none of that absolves the defendant from paying the tax liability, plus civil penalties.

Lloyd Long and Vernice Kuglin are prime examples of how overcoming criminal charges does not exempt a person from civil liabilities and penalties. Tommy Cryer will be no different.

It's simply irresponsible to look at the victories without looking at the subsequent losses. One involves criminal charges, and the other involves civil liabilities. Two different scenarios.

And:
AdamW wrote:It is the Constitution that says direct taxes must be apportioned thus the income tax is unconstitutional (no new tax powers were created with the 16th Amendment) and it is the 2nd plank of the Communist Manifesto that says to create a graduated/progressive income tax.
Thinking an income tax is a direct tax is a mistake. From before the beginning (meaning back in the days of English Law), taxes on incomes have always been considered excises.

For instance, the Supreme Court in Hylton held that a tax on the use of carriages to transport persons was considered an excise. Read Pollock at 623-624:
Pollock wrote:In this connection it may be useful, though at the risk of repetition, to refer to the views of Hamilton and Madison as *623 thrown into relief in the pages of the Federalist, and in respect of the enactment of the carriage tax act, and again to briefly consider the Hylton Case, 3 Dall. 171, so much dwelt on in argument.

The act of June 5, 1794, laying duties upon carriages for the conveyance of persons, was enacted in a time of threatened war. Bills were then pending in congress to increase the military force of the United States, and to authorize increased taxation in various directions. It was therefore as much a part of a system of taxation in war times as was the income tax of the war of the Rebellion. The bill passed the house on the 29th of May, apparently after a very short debate. Mr. Madison and Mr. Ames are the only speakers on that day reported in the Annals. ‘Mr. Madison objected to this tax on carriages as an unconstitutional tax; and, as an unconstitutional measure, he would vote against it.’ Mr. Ames said: ‘It was not to be wondered at if he, coming from so different a part of the country, should have a different idea of this tax from the gentleman who spoke last. In Massachusetts, this tax had been long known, and there it was called an ‘excise.’ It was difficult to define whether a tax is direct or not. He had satisfied himself that this was not so.'

On the 1st of June, 1794, Mr. Madison wrote to Mr. Jefferson: ‘The carriage tax, which only struck at the constitution, has passed the house of representatives.’ The bill then went to the senate, where, on the 3d day of June, it ‘was considered and adopted’; and on the following day it received the signature of President Washington. On the same 3d day of June the senate considered ‘An act laying certain duties upon snuff and refined sugar’; ‘An act making further provisions for securing and collecting the duties on foreign and domestic distilled spirits, stills, wines, and teas'; ‘An act for the more effectual protection of the southwestern frontier’; ‘An act laying additional duties on goods, wares and merchandise,’ etc.; ‘An act laying duties on licenses for selling wines and foreign distilled spirituous liquors by retail’; and ‘An act laying duties on property sold at auction.’ *624 It appears then that Mr. Madison regarded the carriage tax bill as unconstitutional, and accordingly gave his vote against it, although it was to a large extent, if not altogether, a war measure.

Where did Mr. Hamilton stand? At that time he was secretary of the treasury, and it may therefore be assumed, without proof, that he favored the legislation. But upon what ground? He must, of course, have come to the conclusion that it was not a direct tax. Did he agree with Fisher Ames, his personal and political friend, that the tax was an excise? The evidence is overwhelming that he did.
And, just so it's understood, Pollock did not overturn the entire tax code:
Pollock wrote:The tax imposed by sections 27-37, inclusive, of the act of August 28, 1894, 28 Stat. 553-560, so far as it falls on the income of real estate and of personal property, being a direct tax within the meaning of the constitution, and void, because not apportioned according to representation, all those sections, constituting one entire scheme of taxation, are necessarily invalid.
It was ten sections only that were declared unconstitutional by Pollock.

So, with respect to 'AdamW,' I'd suggest he conduct a little more due diligence.
Last edited by ASITStands on Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

AdamW wrote:I also wanted to say hello to the Department of Justice employee (wdcsunXX.usdoj.gov) and other government workers on here (not saying any are posters). I don't want to post this person IP address, just wanted to invite them to research the Fed, the IRS and the CFR for themselves.
Amateur.
Demo.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Perhaps we can have a new Grace Commission to see where that HALF TRILLION (!) in interest payments goes to. And the Fed is not as open as you say, there are Congressman on the Banking Committee that don't even get all the details of what goes on in their secretive meetings.
What a surprise. Your superior due diligence capabilities don't including reading the federal reserve audit reports or the US annual budget. Instead, you parrot tired old patriot myths from the internet. I'm shocked.
Demo.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Oh man, I missed all the fun. Maybe I can add something when he/she returns to fight another day.

But Adam - think about this, what is the difference between criminal culpability and civil liability? Answer that and you'll realize that while its possible to avoid jail as a tax denier, its not possible to avoid civil liability for the taxes. Here's my challenge to you - find ONE civil case where the court agreed that there was no law requiring a private sector employee (or anyone for that matter) to pay taxes. Just one. Go ahead, I'll wait.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

AdamW wrote:I also wanted to say hello to the Department of Justice employee (wdcsunXX.usdoj.gov) and other government workers on here (not saying any are posters). I don't want to post this person IP address, just wanted to invite them to research the Fed, the IRS and the CFR for themselves.
Don't poke the bear...
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Investor

Post by Investor »

I hate to use the same example I always use, but here goes:

O.J. Simpson was acquitted of murder. Does that mean there is no law in California prohibiting murder? The logic of people who point to Cryrer, etc. as proof that there is no law requiring the payment of tax are using the same logic that would lead me to conclude that there is no law making murder a crime in California, because O.J. was indicted, tried, and acquitted by a jury. What O.J.'s acquittal really means is that the state was unable to prove one or more of the elements of murder, beyond a reasonable doubt. Similarly, the acquittal of Cryer means nothing more than that the government was unable to prove one of the elements of fraud, namely the specific intent to do something illegal (the Cheek defense), beyond a reasonable doubt. This does not mean the jury came to the conclusion that the requirement to pay taxes does not exist; that is a question of law, for a judge to determine, not a jury. What it means is that the jury decided that the government failed to prove that Cryer understood that he was breaking the law when he failed to file/pay taxes.

I will agree that fraud is a bear of a thing to prove. As a result, there is a pretty good chance that you will do no jail time if you evade your taxes. You will, however, be required to pay the taxes, the interest and the penalties on those taxes. So, you won't do time, but your financial life will be ruined.

Good luck with that.
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

AdamW wrote:
The Operative wrote:The jurors aren't acquitting because the government refuses to show the law. The government shows the law to the defendants many times. The jurors acquit because the defendants are able to convince the jurors that the defendants were too stupid to know they had to file or pay taxes. I know that sounds a little ridiculous, but it is basically the truth. The most common criminal charge against a tax protester is "WILLFUL failure to file tax returns". The key word is "willful". If the defendant convinces the jury that he/she truly believed they didn't have to file, the jury should acquit.
I am fascinated with your argument. I truly respect your intelligence and would love to know what undergraduate and graduate school you attended. Unfortunately I don't have time to reply fully but I certainly will this weekend.
My education is irrelevant to this argument. What is relevant is what the courts have said and what has truly transpired in the examples you mention. As has been stated, even if someone is acquitted of criminal charges, it does not absolve them of their tax liability. Additionally, an acquittal in a tax case does not mean there isn't a law concerning taxes any more than O.J. Simpson's acquittal means there isn't a law concerning murdering your ex-wife. In fact, in order for a person to be charged with breaking a law, there has to have been a law to be broken.
AdamW wrote: The way you attempt to rationalize your belief is astounding to me because you have no consideration for if you are wrong -- to the degree that it appears that you know you are indeed wrong and are merely arguing technicalities and twisting logic in a concerted effort to color the truth.
I don't need to consider if I am wrong, because the courts and the law say that I am right.
AdamW wrote: Do you realize that you essentially said that I if believe sincerely that there is no law to require me to file taxes then I will never be charged with willful failure to file tax returns because I will never willfully fail to file. I have no liability because I believe so, thus I am innocent?
I may have simplified things a bit. Demo explains it quite well in her post and I won't bother explaining it again.
AdamW wrote: Besides, every juror I've read on big tax cases that have acquitted didn't say the defendant was "too stupid". Rather they say the government could never produce a law that says to file (there's a statute that says "make a return" but not "file a return") thus they believed the defendant was too smart and knew he had no liability.
Would you care to provide a link to that? I would be interested in seeing where you get your information.
AdamW wrote: I will review the websites posted and post a detailed reply to your so-called facts.
You do that.
AdamW wrote: Thanks again for providing such intriguing insight but I would suggest reading about econometrics, military keynesianism and economic integration before you wholeheartedly dismiss the private Federal Reserve and the IRS as great benefits to the nation. Also I love how you merely disregard the warnings of a private Central Bank and fiat currencies from Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Jackson, Franklin Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln and Woodroow Wilson.
First, the banks in Thomas Jefferson's, Andrew Jackson's and Abraham Lincoln's time were significantly different from the structure of the Federal Reserve system. I would like to see what quote from Woodrow Wilson to which you are referring. If you are referring to the quote that begins with "I am a most unhappy man...", I suggest you read Woodrow Wilson's book, "The New Freedom" and think about that quote again. You can read it at http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/14811
AdamW wrote: Question -- who profits when trillions of dollars of new money are created? There is no profit from the banks who own the Fed by keynesianism? Who profits from NAFTA, CAFTA, GATT? Who profits from the SPP.GOV? Who profits from the Treaty of Lisbon / the New Federal European Union?
Too much to go into here and I believe that you have a misunderstanding of how money is created and destroyed. Of course commercial banks make a profit, if you have a loan of any type, you are contributing to their profit. The rest is just more conspiracy theory nonsense and I won't reply to it. If you want to believe it, go ahead.
AdamW wrote: The full Grace Commission excerpt:

Demo replied quite well to the above and I won't repeat it. The interest on the debt goes to the holders of the debt, it is that simple. However, about 40% of the debt is in intragovernmental holdings which means that portion of the interest goes right back to the government.

BTW, welcome to Quatloos.
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

I am a little reluctant to do this because, like the tax laws, the law covering the Federal Reserve System is subject to misinterpretation. However, everything that I said about the structure of the Federal Reserve is supported by the law. You can read it at http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/12/us ... _10_3.html
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
jg
Fed Chairman of the Quatloosian Reserve

Post by jg »

AdamW wrote:Besides, every juror I've read on big tax cases that have acquitted didn't say the defendant was "too stupid". Rather they say the government could never produce a law that says to file (there's a statute that says "make a return" but not "file a return") thus they believed the defendant was too smart and knew he had no liability.
Please share these statements that "the government could never produce a law" from the case or someone involved directly in the case.

Who are "they" that have said it?

Thanks (and welcome).
“Where there is an income tax, the just man will pay more and the unjust less on the same amount of income.” — Plato
Cobalt Shiva
Black Seas Commodore Designate

Post by Cobalt Shiva »

AdamW, you have been

PWN3D!
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

Do you realize that you essentially said that I if believe sincerely that there is no law to require me to file taxes then I will never be charged with willful failure to file tax returns because I will never willfully fail to file. I have no liability because I believe so, thus I am innocent?
I believe there is a connection between sloppy reading, sloppy writing and sloppy thinking. The reading comprehension skills you have displayed here suggest a deficiency in your critical thinking skills.

No one wrote that a sincere belief on your part that there is no law to require you to file taxes would prevent your indictment for willful failure to file, only that it could prevent your conviction on that charge. No one wrote that such a sincere belief would relieve you of liability for taxes, only that it could keep you out of jail.
(there's a statute that says "make a return" but not "file a return")
Another display of your superior due diigence?
§ 6072. Time for filing income tax returns

(a) General rule
In the case of returns under section 6012, 6013, 6017, or 6031 (relating to income tax under subtitle A), returns made on the basis of the calendar year shall be filed on or before the 15th day of April following the close of the calendar year and returns made on the basis of a fiscal year shall be filed on or before the 15th day of the fourth month following the close of the fiscal year, except as otherwise provided in the following subsections of this section.
Emphasis added.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Investor

Post by Investor »

Come on, Quiote, now you're just citing statutes. That's a cheap trick :roll: .
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Post by Mr. Mephistopheles »

Cobalt Shiva wrote:AdamW, you have been

PWN3D!
And the "paper" is held by Demo, ASIT, Operative, Lawman, Investor, Lawdog, and Quixote...

What I find interesting about Tom Cryer is he insists on his YouTube videos that he was acquitted because there's no law requiring the average American to file income tax, and when asked directly claims he didn't have to pay his taxes plus interest & penalties. However, when you call him out on these issues he tends to be quiet for a while.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Mr M wrote:
What I find interesting about Tom Cryer is he insists on his YouTube videos that he was acquitted because there's no law requiring the average American to file income tax, and when asked directly claims he didn't have to pay his taxes plus interest & penalties. However, when you call him out on these issues he tends to be quiet for a while
I seem to have a vague memory that in an interview shortly after the verdict, Cryer admitted that he had not even been allowed to present his "no law" argument to the jury itself -- at least that's what I seem to recall him saying. I heard the interview somewhere on the internet, and I admit I cannot substantiate the accuracy of my recollection, at least not at this point.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Cobalt Shiva
Black Seas Commodore Designate

Post by Cobalt Shiva »

Investor wrote:Come on, Quiote, now you're just citing statutes. That's a cheap trick :roll: .
As opposed to a Cheap Trick:

Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

AdamW wrote:
With regards to ASITStands, what about the people who have beaten the IRS in court? Are the jurors making a mistake when the government refuses to show the law?

[ . . . ]

And the modern day federal income tax was passed the same year that a private corporation was granted a legal cartel to create U.S. money. Since then the dollar has lost 97% of its value. The Federal Reserve admits they caused the first Great Depression.

How can you ridicule any question whatsoever into the IRS? It is the Constitution that says direct taxes must be apportioned thus the income tax is unconstitutional (no new tax powers were created with the 16th Amendment) and it is the 2nd plank of the Communist Manifesto that says to create a graduated/progressive income tax.

[ . . . ]

If their arguments don't make sense, then how was Joe Banister, Tom Cryer and many others acquitted of tax fraud?
--(bolding added).

I wish I had a nickel for ever time a tax protester has said stuff like that.

The last question has already been answered, giving the example of the Cryer case (see the post by Demosthenes; Cryer's tax protester arguments were formally presented to the court, and were rejected by the court). Indeed, as confusing as it may seem to a tax protester, Cryer could not have been found not guilty had his tax protester arguments been accepted by the court. Had the court agreed with him, the court would have dismissed the charges, and the case would never have gone to the jury. But tax protesters as a group are just as weak on knowledge of legal procedure and they are on knowledge of substantive tax law.

AdamW wrote:
Besides, every juror I've read on big tax cases that have acquitted didn't say the defendant was "too stupid". Rather they say the government could never produce a law that says to file (there's a statute that says "make a return" but not "file a return") thus they believed the defendant was too smart and knew he had no liability.
Yeah Adam, sure, right. By the way, would you like to buy a big orange bridge in San Francisco?

Dear adamW: Just for you, here comes another version of a speech I have previously given (adapted from another forum):

In a criminal case, a “not guilty” verdict by the jury does not constitute a ruling by the court on any point of law. Juries determine what are called “questions of fact.” Juries do not determine questions of law, and juries render verdicts, not court judgments. No U.S. jury has ever "ruled" that wages are not taxable; indeed, no jury has the power to make such a ruling.

On a rare occasion, a jury may render a verdict that seems to a prosecutor, or to a news reporter, or maybe to you or to me, to fly in the face of the facts and the law as presented to the jury. Legal scholars refer to this phenomenon as jury nullification. Some commentators may refer to this phenomenon as the jury nullifying the law itself – although that is a somewhat misleading description, as explained below.

Arguing that a “not guilty” verdict based on a finding of lack of willfulness in a criminal tax case is somehow a "ruling" by the jury that wages are not taxable is like arguing that a “not guilty” verdict based on a finding of lack of willfulness in a murder case is a "ruling" by the jury that murder is not against the law.

Willfulness is one of the elements that the prosecution must prove in a criminal tax case – beyond a reasonable doubt. Under our legal system, proof in this context means PERSUASION. In a tax evasion case, the jury may be persuaded that the defendant engaged in the affirmative conduct. The jury may be persuaded that a tax was owed. But if the jury is not persuaded that the defendant’s conduct was also WILLFUL, that jury is required, as instructed by the judge, to render a verdict of NOT GUILTY. Jury nullification in a particular case applies only to a verdict by a particular jury in that particular case. Jury nullification does not constitute a legal judgment by the court itself that the underlying law is somehow invalid, or non-existent, or wrongly applied, or wrongly interpreted, or wrongly anything else.

It would be theoretically possible -- but difficult -- to empanel a federal jury of twelve people who would unanimously ignore the judge’s instructions on the tax law and render a “not guilty” verdict based on a belief by the members of the jury that wages are not taxable, or that wages should not be taxable. But even if that were to occur, or even if it has occurred, in tax protester cases like Vernice Kuglin or Tommy Cryer, etc., a instance of jury nullification does not mean that wages are not taxable under the Internal Revenue Code, any more than a not guilty verdict in a murder case would mean that murder is not illegal. The term "jury nullification" is essentially a misleading term, a label used to identify a jury verdict that does not (in the view of the person using that label) comport with the facts and the law presented in the case to which the verdict applies.

Sadly for tax protesters, regardless of how much "jury nullification" may have occurred in U.S. federal income tax cases (and there is not much evidence that it has ever occurred), as of mid-April 2008 no federal court has ever ruled that wages are not taxable for Federal income tax purposes. No federal court has ever upheld any other tax protester argument. Not even once.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Thanks again for providing such intriguing insight but I would suggest reading about econometrics, military keynesianism and economic integration before you wholeheartedly dismiss the private Federal Reserve and the IRS as great benefits to the nation. Also I love how you merely disregard the warnings of a private Central Bank and fiat currencies from Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Jackson, Franklin Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln and Woodroow Wilson.

Question -- who profits when trillions of dollars of new money are created? There is no profit from the banks who own the Fed by keynesianism? Who profits from NAFTA, CAFTA, GATT? Who profits from the SPP.GOV? Who profits from the Treaty of Lisbon / the New Federal European Union?
Others have already responded to your claims about the legality of the income tax.
All the other stuff you posted-- "econometrics, military keynesianism, economic integration," the Treaty of Lisbon, etc., has very little to do with the income tax and certainly nothing to do with whether the income tax is constitutional or legally enforceable. If you think the Government's policies are stupid or immoral, complain to Congress. Arguments that Government policy is wrong have nothing to do with whether or not you owe income taxes.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Post by Mr. Mephistopheles »

Famspear wrote:Mr M wrote:
What I find interesting about Tom Cryer is he insists on his YouTube videos that he was acquitted because there's no law requiring the average American to file income tax, and when asked directly claims he didn't have to pay his taxes plus interest & penalties. However, when you call him out on these issues he tends to be quiet for a while
I seem to have a vague memory that in an interview shortly after the verdict, Cryer admitted that he had not even been allowed to present his "no law" argument to the jury itself -- at least that's what I seem to recall him saying. I heard the interview somewhere on the internet, and I admit I cannot substantiate the accuracy of my recollection, at least not at this point.
Wouldn't that follow along with his tax protestor arguments being dismissed? I just skimmed through his website again and he mentions nothing post trial. The whole site seems to be aimed at raising money for his defense.
Due to the adverse publicity and clients' fear of being targeted if they get too close to a target, Cryer says his practice has suffered immensely, placing him in a severe financial strain.
Perhaps he should have spent those two years that he claims to have spent researching income tax, working instead.