Message from Dave Champion

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Message from Dave Champion

Post by Demosthenes »

All,

I just wanted to drop you a quick line and let you know what's been happening over here.

As many of you know, the IRS has initiated an enforcement proceeding regarding a summons they served me over two years ago. The summons deals with my client records. Hmmm. What client records? ;-) But that's another discussion.

I am committed to beating these bastards right up front, not after a protracted legal battle. I don't want to use gimmicks, I want to hand them their lunch using the law. And let them choke on it!

I will not be doing the show this week because I need to give every minute to writing the answer to the government's petition.

I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

I need two things from you - money and a Declaration. I know that's blunt, but that's what I need and I know you want to see someone from the Tax Honesty Movement finally make mincemeat out of these guys!

Please dig as deep as you can and send money to help me defray the cost of this battle. It ain't cheap!!! And it's not really my battle, it's OUR battle - I'm just the guy on the front line!

I also need a Declaration from you. Please look at the show archives for April 5th http://www.davechampionshow.com/archives.php

There you will find a link that will bring up the Declaration. During the show I describe to you why I need it! It is to prove Revenue Agent Thomas Chueng to be the big ol' liar that he is! Please print out the Declaration, sign it, have it notarized and mail it in to me.

You will also find the address to which you can send your generous donation as well as the Declaration. PLEASE SEND ONLY CASH - GREEN FOLDING MONEY - THAT'S WHAT I NEED RIGHT NOW!

I need both RIGHT NOW! Please do it today! Let's win this thing for once!

Yours in Liberty,

Dave Champion

P.S. And a special "THANK YOU" to those who've already contributed and sent in their Declarations!!!!
Demo.
Cobalt Shiva
Black Seas Commodore Designate

Re: Message from Dave Champion

Post by Cobalt Shiva »

PLEASE SEND ONLY CASH
In other words . . . his bank has been put on notice?
grammarian44

Post by grammarian44 »

Dave's Declaration wrote: Declaration

My name is [fill in your name] and I have heard Dave Champion discuss his views and opinions concerning the income tax for [insert time here]. In all that time I’ve never heard him say U.S. citizens don’t owe income tax, or make any statement that would convey that meaning.
In fact, I have heard him say that in certain circumstances, as indicated by the statutes and/or regulations, U.S. citizens do owe income tax.
I have personal knowledge of the information provided above and it is provided under the penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States.

___________________________________________ _____________________
Signature Date

Notary:
This is hilarious. Dave thinks he can render a summons unenforceable by having the persons whose records are in Dave's possession point out that one statement he did NOT make on his radio show with respect to taxation. It's as if there is one and only one thing a person could do or say that would render the summons for client information enforceable.

What Dave DOES say is that only "16th Amendment income" is taxable, and "16th Amendment income" includes only capital gains. What Dave DOES do is tell wage earners they can become "nontaxpayers" because their wages are not taxable. What Dave DOES do is sell this concept.

Ten million such declarations would make no difference whatever to the enforceability of the summons.

But if I were the IRS, I would love to have a stack of these declarations. They would constitute a short list of the people whose records Dave might have.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Dave Champion wrote:I am committed to beating these bastards right up front, not after a protracted legal battle. I don't want to use gimmicks, I want to hand them their lunch using the law. And let them choke on it!
I guess he'll be surprised when the court grants summary judgment for the government.

Another prediction: He'll do hours and hours of "research" and never find the decision of the U.S. Supreme Court in United States v. Powell, 379 U.S. 48 (1964). Or, if he does find it, he won't believe that it means what it says.

[Edited to change "doesn't" to "does." Typo.]
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Dave Champion wrote:
I know you [tax protesters] want to see someone from the Tax Honesty Movement finally make mincemeat out of these guys [the government people]!
Yeah, Dave, they're waiting. (insert the visual of my eyes rolling here.......)

And we're waiting, too.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Send money and a declaration....

Is it okay if I send him a nickel and declare him to be a complete loon?
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

The crickets are practicing the Hallelujah Chorus.

Oops, sorry, i meant they're practicing Na Na Hey Hey Good Bye.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Here's some funny stuff from one of the half-wits at losthorizons.com, on 20 April 2008, in the thread "IRS vs Dave Champion":
In 05 I used Dave Champion's ideas with an employer and got fired three days later. And why should they keep an employee who gives them a letter which claims threat duress and coersion for filling out a form W-4? Additionally, Dave charged a $130 for an email with two or three form letters. I thought I had lost it and requested he send it again and he charged me the same amount again which I paid in advance as required. Worse yet, three months latter his office sent an email claiming I still owed $130 for the forms sent.

Not only did he charge an exorbitant amount for worthless info, he was fully aware of Pete's info at the time of our initial interview because he said, "some actually go for getting a refund of their taxes." "We don't do that here. No use raising red flags when it's not necessary."

I was unaware of CTC at the time. Thank God I learned about it in 06. If I had followed his recommended course of action, I would only have about $600 a month from my earnings instead of almost all of it. The IRS would have garinshed my wages for sure in 06 if I had not learned about CTC and applied its knowledge.

I have immense disrespect for Dave Champion because he has to be a willful liar to be aware of and use in part Pete's work and charge such exorbitant fees for material he has taken from Pete's book. Worst of all, his approach of not filing a return is sure disaster for all who follow his recommendations.

He will get no respect, sympathy or support from me.

Dave
http://www.losthorizons.com/phpBB/viewt ... =3404#3404

Brilliant. Essentially, the poster named "Dave" was foolish enough to fall for, and shell out good money for, Dave Champion's worthless crap -- and he then fixed his problem by switching to Pete Hendrickson's worthless crap.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

And who says there's no proof of eveolution?

:mrgreen:
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

Gregg wrote:And who says there's no proof of eveolution?

:mrgreen:
What's the evolutionary line for lemmings?
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Famspear wrote:Here's some funny stuff from one of the half-wits at losthorizons.com, on 20 April 2008, in the thread "IRS vs Dave Champion":...

...Brilliant. Essentially, the poster named "Dave" was foolish enough to fall for, and shell out good money for, Dave Champion's worthless crap -- and he then fixed his problem by switching to Pete Hendrickson's worthless crap.
This is an excellent example of two things: One, the fundamentally flawed concept that there just has to be a legitimate way to beat the IRS (because the tax isn't legitimate in the first place), and two, all you have to do is find the right way and you will validate the afforementioned fundamentally flawed concept. :brickwall:

We're all psychologically wired to validate our own thoughts and opinions through experiential reinforcement but once those are challenged, they're even harder to change, at least publicly. Sometimes they'll come along and admit they were duped into it, but that is an unusual circumstance that takes a serious amount of intestinal fortitude to deal with.

It's like the person who knows a relative or friend who is dying of lung-related diseases brought about by smoking, but still adamantly refuses to acknowledge their own habit is shortening their life. Some of these fools only wind up quitting when they, too are diagnosed and given a few years to live. But by then it's too late and amazingly, some still smoke. You'll see stories about fires being started in homes where oxygen users cause their own demise by lighting up with the flow still on.

While some of that can be attributed to the adictive nature of nicotine, sometimes it is entirely irrational. I'm presently dealing with a group of people who are "assisting" a homeowner in foreclosure on another forum. The borrower has an alleged friend who has convinced the borrower that a common law commercial lien and UCC filing from the classic "presentment" and unrebutted affidavit standing-as-truth is somehow going to invalidate a non-judicial foreclosure and halt the rapidly approaching auction. Her friend not only doesn't have a driver's license, he apparently has magic powers to make county commissioners, Judges and prosecutors run for the hills and "wins" in court (common law) all the time. :roll:

Sadly, the onlookers may not learn a lesson from this because the party who falls for it and loses usually never comes back to reveal the fact their original premise was utter nonsense. And the purveyor of the utter nonsense is free to keep beating the drum.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

This web page, with Dave Champion's picture, somehow conveys it all to me:

http://www.davechampion.net/

Here's Dave Champion -- referring to himself as a "legal consultant". Good grief. In my years as a radio disc jockey and news reporter, I dealt with people like this all the time. Incompetent, narcissistic blowhards.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Because the text has disappeared, apparently in connection with the severe technical problems we are currently having on this site, I am posting (re-posting) what I believe was the original quotation attributed to Dave Champion:
All,

I just wanted to drop you a quick line and let you know what's been happening over here.

As many of you know, the IRS has initiated an enforcement proceeding regarding a summons they served me over two years ago. The summons deals with my client records. Hmmm. What client records? But that's another discussion.

I am committed to beating these bastards right up front, not after a protracted legal battle. I don't want to use gimmicks, I want to hand them their lunch using the law. And let them choke on it!

I will not be doing the show this week because I need to give every minute to writing the answer to the government's petition.

I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

I need two things from you - money and a Declaration. I know that's blunt, but that's what I need and I know you want to see someone from the Tax Honesty Movement finally make mincemeat out of these guys!

Please dig as deep as you can and send money to help me defray the cost of this battle. It ain't cheap!!! And it's not really my battle, it's OUR battle - I'm just the guy on the front line!

I also need a Declaration from you. Please look at the show archives for April 5th http://www.davechampionshow.com/archives.php

There you will find a link that will bring up the Declaration. During the show I describe to you why I need it! It is to prove Revenue Agent Thomas Chueng to be the big ol' liar that he is! Please print out the Declaration, sign it, have it notarized and mail it in to me.

You will also find the address to which you can send your generous donation as well as the Declaration. PLEASE SEND ONLY CASH - GREEN FOLDING MONEY - THAT'S WHAT I NEED RIGHT NOW!

I need both RIGHT NOW! Please do it today! Let's win this thing for once!

Yours in Liberty,

Dave Champion

P.S. And a special "THANK YOU" to those who've already contributed and sent in their Declarations!!!!
I found the above posted by user Richardf614 at losthorizons.com, here:

http://www.losthorizons.com/phpBB/viewt ... =3411#3411

However, I have not been able to find this text anywhere on any Dave Champion web page, doing a google search. I am just wondering if anyone can verify that this pathetic, desperate appeal for money is really from Dave Champion. Can anyone provide a link?
grixit

Post by grixit »

Heh. One of the users that disappeared is the one that was using Dr Pepper for a handle. Wow, the internet gods came through for me!

So i jumped in and registered it for myself. As soon as the new account is upgraded and the site stabilizes, i'll drop grixit.

. . . . . . Dr Pepper
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

It was sent in an e-mail to subscribers [of the e-mail list that is].

Someone sent it to me, and apparently, 'Richardf614' is on the mailing list.

By the way, is the problem with the forum fixed?
grixit

Post by grixit »

Not at all. I just tried to email Demo about my reclaiming my preferred handle, but i got a "username does not exist" message.

. . . . . . Dr Pepper
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

grixit wrote:So i jumped in and registered it for myself. As soon as the new account is upgraded and the site stabilizes, i'll drop grixit.
And if the user table comes back up, now we'll have a username conflict.

Guys, I don't know what the problem is, but I'm going to recommend that no one attempts to re-register already registered names. You might be creating more of a mess. Not sure. Just hold tight.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

Ok. Thx. I was going to update my e-mail address, but I can wait.

I'm sure ya'll git 'er fixed. I'm patient.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

I wonder why some of us can post messages, and lots of others apparently cannot.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Famspear wrote:I wonder why some of us can post messages, and lots of others apparently cannot.
No username, no posty-posty.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie