Message from Dave Champion

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Re: Message from Dave Champion

Post by Famspear »

webhick wrote:
Famspear wrote:I wonder why some of us can post messages, and lots of others apparently cannot.
No username, no posty-posty.
Webhick, you have a way of translating the computerese into a language even I can understand.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Famspear wrote:
webhick wrote:
Famspear wrote:I wonder why some of us can post messages, and lots of others apparently cannot.
No username, no posty-posty.
Webhick, you have a way of translating the computerese into a language even I can understand.
You should see the way I explain quantum physics.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Wow, webhick, I love it when you talk that way to me!
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

webhick wrote:You should see the way I explain quantum physics.
Methinks you've been tetched by the spirit of Captain Jack Sparrow's island native god/sacrifice lingo in the second installment. :wink:

FYI - the forum locking-up thing has become more than annoying - what's up with the "(2,419,630,510,201,891,614,290 items remaining) downloading ..." countdown message that finally finishes but halts the browser? Is this another thing that Firefox would cure or more fallout from the weekend "fix?"
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:FYI - the forum locking-up thing has become more than annoying - what's up with the "(2,419,630,510,201,891,614,290 items remaining) downloading ..." countdown message that finally finishes but halts the browser? Is this another thing that Firefox would cure or more fallout from the weekend "fix?"
This is the second time I've heard about something like that, and I've yet to find the cause. My instinct says it's spyware for two reasons: you visit often enough that all the images should be cached by your browser (not downloading over and over again), and it's an exorbitantly high amount of items to download. Otherwise, I'm stumped. I've even brought it up in hacked versions of IE 5.5 and 6 (hacked because I need them to co-exist with IE7). If anyone experiencing the problem could PM me with their browser & version, their OS type and version, and perhaps your HijackThis! log, please do so so I can figure out what is going on.

Temporary solution: Hit the stop button on your browser before the page "finishes" loading. It might stop it from crashing. The keyboard shortcut for "Stop" is Esc in most browsers. Still annoying, but if it stops it from crashing, that's a start.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Dave Champion has prepared an answer to the government’s complaint in the suit to enforce an IRS summons. I don’t see where the answer has been entered on the docket yet. Here’s the Champion 24 page answer:

http://www.davechampion.net/uploads/media/answer.pdf

Twenty-four pages of twaddle, and of course Dave does not mention the Powell elements even once. What a surprise. In a brief burst of lucidity, on page 17, Dave does condemn Peter Hendrickson’s “Cracking the Code” crap, and certain other protest theories like the 861 argument, as being “frivolous.”

Hendrickson’s followers are upset about that. See:

http://www.losthorizons.com/phpBB/viewt ... sc&start=0

Oh, I just wish those tax protesters could just get along with each other!

One idea of a perfect storm: Peter Hendrickson (the smart but narcissistic one), Dave Champion (the narcissistic but dumb one), and Ed Brown (the dumb but, uh, uh, hmmm, the other dumb one) -- locked up together in a cell.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Champion's document (for lack of a better word) doesn't style itself as an answer to the govt's petition, but rather as a motion to dismiss per FRCvP 12(b) for lack of jurisdiction. Lack of jurisdiction? Consider 26 USC 7402(b):
If any person is summoned under the internal revenue laws to appear, to testify, or to produce books, papers, or other data, the district court of the United States for the district in which such person resides or may be found shall have jurisdiction by appropriate process to compel such attendance, testimony, or production of books, papers, or other data.
As tax statutes go, that's pretty damn clear. Of course, therefore, Champion never discusses it; he is, however, kind enough to place his address at both the beginning and the end, squarely within the Central District of California. In between verifying the court's jurisdiction, he blathers on for 24 pages without ever addressing (as Famspear points out) either United States v. Powell, 379 U.S. 48 (1964), or the leading Ninth Circuit case on the subject of summons enforcement, United States v. Dynavac, Inc., 6 F.3d 1407 (9th Cir. 1993).

It's been a while since I've read someone so enamored with the sound of his own voice.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

One idea of a perfect storm: Peter Hendrickson (the smart but narcissistic one), Dave Champion (the narcissistic but dumb one), and Ed Brown (the dumb but, uh, uh, hmmm, the other dumb one) -- locked up together in a cell.
It's already been done. Sartre wrote a play about it called Huis Clos.
Demo.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Demosthenes wrote:
It's already been done. Sartre wrote a play about it called Huis Clos.
Wow, good point.

----"L'enfer, c'est les autres"

("Hell is other people")