Mississippi attorney Marshall Sanders

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Mississippi attorney Marshall Sanders

Post by Demosthenes »

Jackson 05/20/08
Vicksburg Attorney Faces Tax Evasion Charges

A Vicksburg attorney is arraigned in Jackson on tax evasion charges.

The indictment alleges Marshall Ezelle Sanders, an attorney who owns and operates a law practice, evaded federal income tax years 2000, 2001 and 2002.

The indictment says Sanders had gross income of more than 3.3-million dollars for tax years 2000 and 2002, and has not filed a federal individual tax return since 1994.

If convicted, sanders faces up to 15-years in prison and fines of up to 300-thousand dollars.
Tax denier or garden variety tax cheat?

His indictment:
http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/sanders1.pdf
Demo.
Demosthenes

Re: Mississippi attorney Marshall Sanders

Post by Demosthenes »

He will use tax denier rhetoric in his defense
How do you know?
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

My question was a real one. The non-filing since 1994 is a red flag, but I'm inclined to move him to the non-tp forum unless I find more.
Demo.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

I would venture a guess that he is just a regular cheat based upon two items in the indictment:

- He provided false 1040s in 2004 to an IRS Special Agent
- He was laundering money through his Escrow account

Do we know if the 1040s he presented to the IRS Special Agent were copies of returns he actually filed? Did he file them late after being investigated? It appeared to me he hasn't filed those yet gave unfiled returns to a Special Agent.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Dezcad wrote:I would venture a guess that he is just a regular cheat based upon two items in the indictment:

- He provided false 1040s in 2004 to an IRS Special Agent
- He was laundering money through his Escrow account

Do we know if the 1040s he presented to the IRS Special Agent were copies of returns he actually filed? Did he file them late after being investigated? It appeared to me he hasn't filed those yet gave unfiled returns to a Special Agent.
I'm inclined to agree with you, but other TPs have prepared false returns which they used to qualify for mortgages and such. But they weren't so stupid as to hand copies of those docs to a criminal investigator...
Demo.