Here come the next round of Brown indictments

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
cynicalflyer
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Here come the next round of Brown indictments

Post by cynicalflyer »

From Keith in RI at nhunderground. Looks like Ed's talking to a lawyer, or at least listening to a lawyer while he/she talks. And it looks like he's trying to get Keith as his attorney (?)
i received 2 letters from ed today and he tells me that he has been told by a counselor in Illinois that the D.O.J. is trying to put together more charges against the browns.
at least he tells me he got the photos i sent. but they still havent given him the power of attorney forms i sent him, or the letter that was with my photos.... he also asks if people can write to elaine he said he can tell by her writings to him that the 23 hour a day isolation is really making her depressed.....
So, place your bets on what the indictment is going to read.
"Where there is no law, but every man does what is right in his own eyes, there is the least of real liberty." -- General Henry M. Robert author, Robert's Rules of Order
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Re: Here come the next round of Brown indictments

Post by Demosthenes »

Meanwhile, Ed just keeps filing garbage with the court.

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/brown281.pdf
http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/brown282.pdf
Demo.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Not that it should surprise anyone, but Ed Brown's handwriting seems to be deteriorating. I suppose a graphologist would have a field day with it.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

USP Marion is not a nice place.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

wserra wrote:USP Marion is not a nice place.
It's better than it used to be. Up until a couple of years ago, it was a supermax. Now, it's medium security.
Demo.
cynicalflyer

Post by cynicalflyer »

Demosthenes wrote:Meanwhile, Ed just keeps filing garbage with the court.
wserra wrote: USP Marion is not a nice place.
Past a certain point they are going to dial Ed's mailing privileges to zero. Marion's in Southern District Illinois (I believe). And this was just handed down late last year:
Peter v. Walker, CIVIL NO. 07-422-WDS, UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF ILLINOIS, 2007 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 92383, December 17, 2007, Decided, December 17, 2007, Filed

With regard to the potential limitation on Plaintiff's ability to send outgoing mail caused by the restriction on how many stamped envelopes he could buy, the Supreme Court has reserved its opinion on the issue of withholding an inmate's mail as a temporary disciplinary sanction. Procunier v. Martinez, 416 U.S. 396, 412 n. 12, 94 S. Ct. 1800, 40 L. Ed. 2d 224 (1974). The Court has stated, however, that "the legitimate governmental interest in the order and security of penal institutions justifies the imposition of certain restraints on inmate correspondence." Id. at 412-13. "The purpose of withholding personal mail is to make punitive isolation unpleasant, and thereby discourage improper behavior and promote security within the prison." Little v. Norris, 787 F.2d 1241, 1243-44 (8th Cir. 1986). Further, the Seventh Circuit has specifically upheld the denials of access to mail. See Wells v. Franzen, 777 F.2d 1258, 1265 (7th Cir. 1985). Even if the restriction on the number of envelopes is framed as a potential limitation on Plaintiff's access to the courts, an inmate has no constitutional claim unless he can demonstrate that a non-frivolous legal claim has been frustrated or impeded. Lewis v. Casey, 518 U.S. 343, 352-53, 116 S. Ct. 2174, 135 L. Ed. 2d 606 (1996). Plaintiff has not alleged that a non-frivolous legal claim was frustrated or impeded during the time that his ability to buy stamped envelopes was restricted. Based on the foregoing, Plaintiff's allegation that the prison restricted the number of envelopes he could purchase does not rise to the level of a constitutional violation.
"Where there is no law, but every man does what is right in his own eyes, there is the least of real liberty." -- General Henry M. Robert author, Robert's Rules of Order
Leftcoaster

Post by Leftcoaster »

fortinbras wrote:Not that it should surprise anyone, but Ed Brown's handwriting seems to be deteriorating. I suppose a graphologist would have a field day with it.
It's almost like those "last notes" that you see in movies, novels, etc, where the final word is imcomplete and the there remains but a scrawl across the page.

Not that I feel any sympathy for Ed, but it is rather sad.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Demosthenes wrote:
wserra wrote:USP Marion is not a nice place.
It's better than it used to be. Up until a couple of years ago, it was a supermax. Now, it's medium security.
Didn't know that. I remember it as the most secure pen in the system (prior to Florence opening), John Gotti's home away from home. As I keep saying, I've been out of that world for a while.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
SteveSy

Post by SteveSy »

How much time did Ed get?

I would think they pretty much put him in there and threw away the key. He was a serious pain in their arse.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

SteveSy wrote:How much time did Ed get?

I would think they pretty much put him in there and threw away the key. He was a serious pain in their arse.
5 years.
Demo.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Go to your Happy Place, Ed...

Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

They are going to die in prison, which is sad but totally warranted by their conduct. You don't want an older, more senile, and more mad Ed Brown back on the street trying to get his (Elaine's) property back -- it will not be by hard work and legal means.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

CaptainKickback wrote:If I recall, and I may very well be wrong, I think Ed Brown got somewhere around 60 months - but that was just on the tax related charges.
Ed was never charged with any tax law violations, because he never had any income to report. He was convicted of evading currency reporting requirements.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.