Reno's brother

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Reno's brother

Post by Demosthenes »

lastlady
Independent Thinker

[applaud] [smite]

Re: Main thread for Ed and Elaine Brown vs the evil IRS
« Reply #7812 on: Yesterday at 11:30 PM » Quote Split Topic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A US Marshall has contacted Reno's brother and requested a meeting. His brother agreed to meet with him and it is set for tomorrow Wednesday. His brother is a police officer and will be having his boss there, the Chief of Police.

Not sure what this is about, but I assume this has to do with Reno's case. If we remember back in February Reno's father was arrested under false charges, they were later dropped by the DA. Keep in mind that it was discovered that the woman who filed these false charges was either an undercover informant for the feds or an actual fed herself and she originally filed false charges against both Reno's father and brother. But the Chief of Police stepped in and told them it was impossible for him to have committed the crime, I believe the charge was assault, because he was working at the time.

Anyway the feds continue to intimidate and fabricate lies. I have to wonder do any of them actually believe in the truth and justice they claim to be working for? They seem to lie so easily, how do they sleep at night?

Reno's ex-attorney still seems to be operating as Reno's attorney not recognizing or honoring the fact that he has been fired, twice now. Reno is going to get someone in there to talk to him one way or another. He is moving forward with pressing charges and will not back down. This attorney David Bownes even called Reno's dad and tried to get sympathy and said that Reno was probably going to get out soon and to not continue with these charges.

Makes no sense since even the PSI reports are recommending 10 years now. How this attorney thinks he will get time served just shows he is lying again. It just makes no sense at all. I had to ask Reno's father to consider the source and to look at his motives. But I fear Reno's father is believing this crap.

Thanks everyone. Reno feels he is more protected if everything is kept public. I have much to post, on behalf of Reno, regarding his outburst on Jury Nullification and what they are trying to do and the attempted Plea Agreement, but computer scanning issues has held be back.

I am praying for you Reno!!!
Demosthenes

Re: Reno's brother

Post by Demosthenes »

I'm surprised Reno's brother still has a job. You'd thinking taking the 5th would mean instant joblessness for a police officer. Every criminal Romeo arrests will be able to undermine the officer's effectiveness as a credible witness from now on.
Demo.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Demosthenes wrote:I'm surprised Reno's brother still has a job. You'd thinking taking the 5th would mean instant joblessness for a police officer. Every criminal Romeo arrests will be able to undermine the officer's effectiveness as a credible witness from now on.
Is "taking the 5th" really grounds for dismissal of a cop? I know it protects against self-incrimination, and taking it it certainly implies that he did something incriminating, but it doesn't actually prove he did. Taking it as an admission of guilt feels like it goes against what the 5th is for. Am I even making any sense, or am I just regurgitating an inaccurate memory of a L&O episode?
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Demosthenes wrote:You'd thinking taking the 5th would mean instant joblessness for a police officer.
It's not that clear. No one (including a police officer) may be penalized for refusing to waive immunity for compelled testimony. Gardner v. Broderick, 392 U.S. 273 (1968). On the other hand, a police officer who is not compelled to waive immunity may be fired for refusal to answer questions relating to official duties. Lefkowitz v. Cunningham, 431 U.S. 801 (1977).
Every criminal Romeo arrests will be able to undermine the officer's effectiveness as a credible witness from now on.
Were this former criminal defense lawyer the trial judge, I would not permit cross-examination on a cop's assertion of the privilege on a matter not related to the charge being tried. It's irrelevant.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

You'd think Reno wouldn't have called his own brother as witness and put him in this pickle after it became clear that Romeo would be taking the 5th.
Demo.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Has the witness intimidation charge actually been dropped?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Not that I am in any way defending any of the Gonzalez clan, but I can see a couple of very good reasons why Romeo would take the fifth, none of them having to do with his being involved. If he cares about his father and brother, as I assume he does, he is in a very difficult position if he knows or knew about some of the stupidity they were plotting or carrying out, and while he may not have been involved in it, his knowledge should have compelled him to take action, which he obviously didn’t. So just admitting he knew anything about it puts him in a very nasty position, where the fifth would be appropriate. He didn’t commit the crime, but he knew or suspected it, and didn’t report it as an officer was bound to do. Unless the Feds can actually prove he was involved, which apparently they can’t or haven’t, then the only thing he could be guilty of was the not reporting, which could/should cost him his job, if they could prove he knew about it beforehand, so uncharacteristically for that family, he is keeping his mouth shut.

I do think daddy is going to eventually get to join Reno at camp Fed, if only because he won’t keep his mouth shut, and is eventually going to say something that will put him away along with Reno for an equally long time.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

grixit wrote:Has the witness intimidation charge actually been dropped?
He's not (yet?) been charged at the federal level with trying to intimidate a federal witness although I've seen no evidence that Amy has never been on a government witness list. Jose was originally charged at the state level with felony aggravated assault, but the felony count has apparently been dropped.
Demo.
cynicalflyer
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by cynicalflyer »

Per VanMeter
marshals threatened Reno's brother today, asking him to cooperate or deal with the possibility of the loss of job. Then served him a subpoena to be in NH on sept 26th, which is when Reno's sentencing is, the subpoena was to be served to his mothers or fathers property was served at his job instead, he told these marshals that he had nothing to say and he has a court appointed lawyer. these marshals were the same marshals that threw him to the ground the day reno was arrested and beaten reno while he was in handcuffs.
"Where there is no law, but every man does what is right in his own eyes, there is the least of real liberty." -- General Henry M. Robert author, Robert's Rules of Order