Reno's sentencing

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Re: Reno's sentencing

Post by Demosthenes »

Let me guess, they're bitching about Rule 18 without actually having read Rule 18 or how the courts have ruled on it.
Demo.
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

Scoop wrote:The letters have started rolling in.
Have the number of letters gotten into the double digit range yet?

What amazes me is how Reno's defenders argue that the judge should be criminally prosecuted for handling non-substantive matters (those without a jury) out of state, but Reno is somehow blameless for his role in the armed standoff. :roll:
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE
DISTRICT OF NEW HAMPSHIRE
* UNITED STATES OF AMERICA *
* v. * 07-CR-0189-03-GZS
* CIRINO GONZALEZ *
MOTION TO WITHDRAW
NOW COMES counsel, David H. Bownes, for the defendant, Cirino Gonzalez, and
respectfully requests that this Court permit this counsel to withdraw.
As grounds for this request it is stated:
1. Sentencing for Counts Two and Three is currently scheduled for September 26, 2008.
2. This counsel is filing this request to withdraw at Mr. Gonzalez’s request based upon
what appears to be irreconcilable differences.
3. No further memorandum of law is necessary.
4. Due to the nature of this request, counsel has not sought concurrence.
WHEREFORE the defendant requests that this Court grant said relief and for such
further relief as may be just.
Respectfully Submitted,
Cirino Gonzalez,
By His Attorney,
LAW OFFICE OF DAVID H. BOWNES, P.C.
Demo.
cynicalflyer
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by cynicalflyer »

As confirmed by VanMeter
Reno said that David Bownes went to visit him today to ask if he had been serious about being fired. Reno is serious about this, but we know how the judge will react on this. He told David he is upset and has broken his trust. For one, David was asked by Reno to produce all his emails, especially one sent to him shortly after he had left Ed and Elaines, sent by Lisa M. asking Reno to go back up to the Browns. In which he tells her no, i was asked to leave, and gave her his other reasons. If these emails were produced that there should had proven there was no great conspiricy on his part. Reno has felt let down by David for a number of reasons.
"Where there is no law, but every man does what is right in his own eyes, there is the least of real liberty." -- General Henry M. Robert author, Robert's Rules of Order
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

VanMeter wrote:David was asked by Reno to produce all his emails, especially one sent to him shortly after he had left Ed and Elaines, sent by Lisa M. asking Reno to go back up to the Browns. In which he tells her no, i was asked to leave, and gave her his other reasons. If these emails were produced that there should had proven there was no great conspiricy on his part.
I'm reasonably certain that, if Reno and his lawyer ever had such a conversation, the lawyer would have explained that the emails were hearsay and inadmissable.

And I'm reasonably certain that Reno would not have listened because it wasn't what he wanted to hear.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

cynicalflyer wrote:As confirmed by VanMeter
Reno said that David Bownes went to visit him today to ask if he had been serious about being fired. Reno is serious about this, but we know how the judge will react on this. He told David he is upset and has broken his trust. For one, David was asked by Reno to produce all his emails, especially one sent to him shortly after he had left Ed and Elaines, sent by Lisa M. asking Reno to go back up to the Browns. In which he tells her no, i was asked to leave, and gave her his other reasons. If these emails were produced that there should had proven there was no great conspiricy on his part. Reno has felt let down by David for a number of reasons.
Since when does getting kicked out of a conspiracy dissolve you of your part in the conspiracy? I have a vague recollection of a similar argument made by Hendrickson regarding the whole mailbombing fiasco.

Edit: Unless he's saying that the conspiracy could not exist without him... try not to frell yourself over there, Reno.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

That's only a 5 on the VanMeter.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Reno tries to fire his lawyer again.

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/gonzalez520.pdf
Demo.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Demosthenes wrote:Reno tries to fire his lawyer again.

Isn't his sentencing coming up soon? Any new developments? LLM studies are kicking my ass, I haven't had hardly any free time at all.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

I would imagine that Bownes has to be approximately the happiest guy in the entire state of New Hampshire.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Imalawman wrote:

Isn't his sentencing coming up soon? Any new developments? LLM studies are kicking my ass, I haven't had hardly any free time at all.
Reno's sentencing is next Friday at 10:00 am.
Demo.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Easy to see that Joe Haas had input into this. Joe is relentless, even when wrong.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Via a temper-tantrum style letter to the judge.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Bud Dickman wrote:Deleted at lastlady's request.
Bud was a nice guy and deleted Last Lady's personal information at her request, so what does she do? She posts a bunch of really ugly lies about Jay on the NH Free forum.

Such is the world of ugly TP flakes.

Her post, of course, brought out Haas' fixation with Jews:
Disgusting Jay: stop being that one-eyed pirate with a patch thief, and start being the cyclops with a club like in one of those Ray Harryhousen sci-fi movies, not to talk Quatloos as in that monetary system of some fictional Star Trek episode, but with the club of truth, like Teddy Roosevelt said I think it was: walk softly, but carry a big stick!

Plus BTW I remember the slogan that: saying is slander, and writing is libel. So when he knows the truth and does otherwise, he is a liar. Plus what religion is he? If he's like Hodes who SAYS he's a Jew, but does lie, then I put him in the same boat of Satan, yeah: The Boat of Satan, sailing the high seas, and this Kiss-Asser can be it's captain of the west shores over there in CAlifornia. To that I say KEEP OUT of New England you thief unless you wise up! A thief by cover-up of the truth and dishing out lies by deception to his members. They can all go in a boat over "the edge of the world", as maybe he's a Flat Earther too.
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Letter from Reno's daddy to the judge.
Date: Sep 20, 2008 12:19 AM
Subject: Dear Judge Singal
Body: It should be addressed to:
Hon. George Z. Singal, U.S.
District Judge
U.S.
District Court
55 Pleasant Street
Concord, NH 03301___________________________

Judge Singal,

Although my opinion may be dismissed as biased, I must say that we, in the Gonzalez Family are well respected for our honesty and objectivity. We are of the opinion that supporting the truth is more important than supporting even family. For this reason we prefer being involved with people knowledgeable of the truth as opposed to those with a propensity to following the opinions of others. Especially, if others are just following the dominant majority instead of researching or educating themselves.

This, perhaps, is the reason that my son, Cirino, was seen as a threat by officers. Keep in mind that this man, Cirino, is the same man that rushed out into a street, in front of a snow-cone stand, to snatch a toddler about to be struck by a pickup truck; the same man that, while his own minivan was stuck in the mud on a rainy South Texas night, helped an elderly Hispanic woman when HER car became flat in the street. The next day she brought Cirino a chocolate cake to thank him (we still have the aqua plate). My son, Cirino, became an expert at rescuing me from car breakdowns during my return to college (100 miles daily round trip). Everyone in the family, as well as friends, acquaintances, and even strangers, have found that Cirino can be depended upon for a helping hand at any time.

Cirino has few close friends but has touched so many even before this present ordeal. He celebrates many extremely loyal acquaintances that often make an effort to go out of their way to just say "hello" to my son in public. He is popular amongst the affluent in our town, as well as the middle class and especially the poor and working class, whom consider Cirino to be genuinely concerned about their well-being. He managed a local night club for about a year, during which, even though his duties included "bouncing" people out, he became very much recognized for his sense of fairness. Cirino even still maintains an amicable relationship with his ex-wife, and often watches their children while she is at work. These four children miss him dearly and the little one asks me, every time, to get her daddy out of jail.

Cirino Gonzalez has led a life of honesty, free of any legal conviction, accusations, or otherwise implications of any lawlessness what so ever. Even this case seems rather one of mistaken and/or misrepresented intentions. Nonetheless, all is well that ends well, and Cirino can honestly say that he successfully avoiding harm or violence to anyone in this matter. Cirino continues his message of peace. Please, keep in mind that Cirino's primary purpose in this whole matter was the preservation of human life; In Iraq, in the USA, in New Hampshire. I grant that he may have chosen unwisely in the eyes of others and, perhaps, self-preservation may well be the biggest casualty of the magnanimous.

Please, demonstrate leniency at his sentencing so that this gentle man may continue his quest of aiding Humanity and return home to those that love and miss him.

Jose M.
Gonzalez
(xxx)xxx xxxx
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

This, perhaps, is the reason that my son, Cirino, was seen as a threat by officers.
That, and perhaps the 50 cal rifle purchased for the purpose of putting large holes in Marshals. Just a thought.
Demo.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Truth is more important than anything...uh...I guess except saving your own ass and pleading the 5th.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
lastlady

Post by lastlady »

Hi Guys! I thought I would join in all the fun. I wanted to thank BUD Dickman for deleting my personal information off this site. I feel a bit safer now thank you.

So I was wondering what the point of this thread was? To point out how stupid Reno and his family and friends are?

I will say I was shocked out how interested you all are, I had no idea people were watching this closely who weren't supportive, other than the feds themselves.

I wasn't trying to be mean with my Quatloos comment just something I dug up on the interenet that made sense to me. The tone of this forum is so hostile and just plain mean spirited, I honestly couldn't figure out why you guys cared enough to watch everything so closely. Hell you get access to stuff I didn't even know existed.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Ed Brown sucked a lot of well-intentioned but misguided people into his paranoid delusions.

Unfortunately, these people are now facing significant prison stays.

One of our main concerns has been for the families of those of Ed's supporters and hangers-on who are persisting in their mad rush off the cliff.

Wives and children are going to be effectively abandoned for many years because Ed Brown and others have poisoned the minds of the men who were associated with him.

We would like to see people understand that what they did violated laws, accept responsibility for what they did, and do whatever is necessary to reduce the collateral damage to their families.

Unfortunately, Reno has bought the whole sovereign citizen, patriot, redemption, admiralty instanity so totally that he has effectively eliminated any chance he has of not spending the rest of his life in prison.

At least Ed Brown will have a legacy.
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

The tone of this forum is so hostile and just plain mean spirited, ...
... I have sworn upon the altar of god, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
Thomas Jefferson

I've been in worse company.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat