Reno's sentencing

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Re: Reno's sentencing

Post by Demosthenes »

CaptainKickback wrote:Cirino is unpronouncable? I suppose so for maple-sap sucking, flannel wearing, L.L. Bean loving dinks who have never read the classic Cyrano De Bergerac.
Hmmm.

Cat:

Copycat:
Demo.
VanMeters Revenge

Post by VanMeters Revenge »

Demosthenes wrote:
CaptainKickback wrote:Cirino is unpronouncable? I suppose so for maple-sap sucking, flannel wearing, L.L. Bean loving dinks who have never read the classic Cyrano De Bergerac.
Hmmm.

Cat:

Copycat:
LOL well kitties, it seems to be a common mistake in this part of the country where such a name isnt very popular, so everyone refers to him as Reno.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

In her letter to Judge Singal, VanMeter's Revenge wrote:
[Reno] also helped me to be more understanding, that even though you, sir, wear a black robe and decide the fates of men and women. That you men, are just as bit of flesh and blood. That you are just as human as we are. To not hold a grudge or anger for those whom know no better. You are doing what you believe is your job. Taking orders. That many of you are doing what you think is right in the way you serve your communities, but you will be doing the global community a great disservice by sentencing Mr. Gonzalez to any amount of time.
I keep a picture of his beautiful children with me at all times, children that have had to do without their father because he has a rare disease of chronic HONESTY, to do what is right no matter what the circumstance is.
Do you really think that insulting the judge is going to help Reno get a lighter sentence?
Demo.
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

CaptainKickback wrote: Cirino is unpronouncable? I suppose so for maple-sap sucking, flannel wearing, L.L. Bean loving dinks who have never read the classic Cyrano De Bergerac.
Hey, I don't like L.L. Bean! :x

How dare you accuse me of that! :x

Then again, I am not a native here.
VanMeters Revenge

Post by VanMeters Revenge »

Demosthenes wrote:In her letter to Judge Singal, VanMeter's Revenge wrote:
[Reno] also helped me to be more understanding, that even though you, sir, wear a black robe and decide the fates of men and women. That you men, are just as bit of flesh and blood. That you are just as human as we are. To not hold a grudge or anger for those whom know no better. You are doing what you believe is your job. Taking orders. That many of you are doing what you think is right in the way you serve your communities, but you will be doing the global community a great disservice by sentencing Mr. Gonzalez to any amount of time.
I keep a picture of his beautiful children with me at all times, children that have had to do without their father because he has a rare disease of chronic HONESTY, to do what is right no matter what the circumstance is.
Do you really think that insulting the judge is going to help Reno get a lighter sentence?

is that really coming across as insulting or hostile? well that insnt my intention. I guess I tend to come across that way for some reason.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Reno's description of the hearing. Summary: No plea agreement was signed when the hearing took place, Reno wanted to discuss the terms with the judge, and Reno once again relies on Joe Haas' legal acumen in determining that his legal rights were therefore violated.

Cirino – Naw. It, it's fine. I'm not giving up. (sighs) I'm just … Well, we'll just go into the next topic, which I had kind of hoped, hoping to hold that for later. But, since, this is not gonna work out that well we'll just go into the next thing that we're trying to do.

Ridley – OK
Cirino – Uh, recently we found… I found paperwork among my paperwork (fades out with noise) …the court system, which is the judge and the prosecutors knew they were not allowed to take me out of New Hampshire to Maine to do the plea deal. And, it was also one of the stipulations in that paperwork that specifically said … In fact it was the third one. The first one said "they wanted me to plead guilty." The second was… Third stipulation was I had to waive my Constitutional Rights and all the others that go along with it to say that I don't want to be, uh, have my case heard in New Hampshire, and that I want to have it heard in Maine. This is [their] plea deal to me. Saying "This is what we ant to do and you have to agree to it or else, you don't get a deal." And that was one of the first issues I brought up with my lawyer, after he tracked me down because they had already started moving me towards Maine.
The first thing that I told him was "Why would I want to go to Maine? So, why would I want to go to Maine to make it easier for the judge to do all this stuff? Why would I agree to all this stuff that I don't agree with?" He basically said "It's not a big deal" you know "If you want the deal you need to look at this…" and he was saying, you know. You know, potentially I can look at, you know, six months to twelve months and that point [it was] my ten month anniversary of being arrested. Uh, on that anniversary.

Ridley – Uhh… sorry. I'm sorry I have to talk to so loud because that, that's the only way I can get my voice to be even with yours on the recorder. Ah, ok, uh hang on just a second, ok I'm gonna…ok pick up where you left off, if you want to.

Cirino – Where were we?

Ridley – (fumbling) I beg your pardon?

Cirino – I said where were we.

Ridley – I don't remember. I can't hear you very well, while I'm recording.

Cirino – Right. Ok well….

Ridley – I have to go back & listen to the recording later. Ah, yeah. Just pick up where ever, where ever you want.

Cirino - We'll pick up, uh, where I wanted to start again…ok. I'm gonna start.

Ridley – you were … you were taken to Maine. You were talking about that but don't start over… pick up where you left off, more or less, if you can.

Cirino – (breaking up) [The] paperwork that I [found said that] I had agree to the agreement and sign it, in full before they would take me to Maine so they could take the plea deal. I never signed it because I never wanted to take the plea deal. They knew that. We went to Maine, anyway. They wanted me to sign it before I went the [Maine] Court. I told 'em "NO." He [prosecutor] had signed it already. I think it was on Thursday and that he was unaware if it had been signed or not. And they pointed to my attorney and asked him if it had been signed yet. And he [Bownes] said to him [the judge] you know that I had issues with it and that I was not willing to sign it yet. (inaudible) and I told him "yes, I do have the paper and I have read it and I have issues with the wording on it and I want to discuss it with the judge." And the judge said "No." That we weren't gonna talk about it until I signed it. And I was like… "Well, basically it's crazy that I would not sign on something that I don't agree with. And we kept on basically going round & round with that for a few minutes until essentially we came down to it and just said "We're not gonna [discussing this] at all until you sign the plea agreement." And I said "Well, I'm not signing the plea agreement until we discuss this." And essentially, we were deadlocked and they basically had me taken down to the holding [cell] and that's where everything just kind of slipped out from there. Everyone went from pushing pushing pushing real hard for me to take… (interrupted by Ridley)

Ridley – So, ok hang on just a second. The recorder failed. Uh they were pushing you for you to take the plea deal and and….

Cirino – Right. OK they were pushing me real hard to take the plea deal. They, the attorney had said that the prosecutor were basically willing to change anything and everything as long as I do, you know, the the the deal. And I told 'em I'd never intended to take the deal. He should have known that. Uhm so (inaudible) this totally ended my [trust?] in my attorney. That's why I ended up having to fire my lawyer. And that's where I think where everyone's familiar with, uhm the case where I fired my lawyer. And the judge said that I couldn't do that. And basically denied that, and then…

Ridley – You were not allowed to fire you lawyer?

Cirino – Right. So, you know, they dismissed it… they denied the motion for me to fire my lawyer. They sent me back to the, the….

Ridley – You have to ask permission from the authorities for you to fire your lawyer.

Cirino – Yeah. I believe, uh, Joseph Haas, had had found out about it. Had wanted to attend and started doing his own little things. And then, they came…when it comes down to it it was we were trying to push the issue that they had broken; not broken, they had violated my constitutional rights to have my court case dealt with in New Hampshire. And it shows in the paperwork that even the judge knew. But the prosecutors also, writing it up, that they had to have consent from me to take me to Maine. And I never gave that consent, because I didn't want to. Well, when they took me up there anyway, they violated my rights.

Ridley – So they sort of, you're saying… they sort of kidnapped you.

Cirino – Basically yes. That's what we refer to it as; being kidnapped. Because, essentially, they just kidnapped me. On top of that, everyone that we went to… where Joseph Haas has done his paperwork and filed his claim, everyone says that "oh they have that right. They can do that." because they don't understand what's going on. Plus, we never had anything to show that we're in the right and that they were in the wrong. Now, that we're… now that I show that the prosecutor signed it on the Thursday, and we were supposed to sign it on that Thursday before they even moved me. Remember I had already been started shipping on Wednesday; prior to. By the time we got to the court Friday and they realized that I hadn't signed it yet, that's when they realized that everything was kind of all crazy. That's when they needed to get me to sign it and they were willing to change all the wording and stuff but I was very adamant about not taking the plea deal with them. Because, and I went off on a little speel about how I had honor, you know, and I didn't want to be a part of the system that was being manipulated as they were doing it, and all hell broke loose (chuckles).

Ridley – How so? How did hell break loose?

Cirino – Well, mostly, with me because I became very emotional at that time. And I started cussing everyone out. Because, no one would do anything and it was pretty blatant…

Ridley – Cussing everyone. Who do you mean by everyone?

Cirino – That [was] the prosecutor, and my attorney, the marshals that were slapping the cuffs on [me] threatening me. And I was just basically "This is all.." you know "… bullshit." Actually, I yelled at them (chuckles).

Ridley – This is when they were trying to take you…

Cirino – No, this is when I was already there. And they denied me, uh, well they were in the process of denying me of my motion….

End of recording
Demo.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

VanMeters Revenge wrote:well if i was of Mexican lineage, with an unpronounceable first name followed by a last name like Gonzalez going up to demonstrate solidarity on certain viewpoints with total strangers I do not know, especially in a predominately white mans movement, that want to blame anything and everything on illegal immigrants
If that is the way he saw Ed and Elaine: Clan Idiots - as dangerous racists - then maybe he should've thought twice before providing them "security".
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Demosthenes wrote:Reno's description of the hearing. Summary: No plea agreement was signed when the hearing took place, Reno wanted to discuss the terms with the judge, and Reno once again relies on Joe Haas' legal acumen in determining that his legal rights were therefore violated.
A continued bad decision is for Reno to listen to, and rely upon, Joe Haas' legal opinions. Reno really needs to get advice from someone educated in the law, not an internet "lawyer" like Joe. Look how well Joe's advice helped the Dogwalker.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

09/22/2008 527 SENTENCING MEMORANDUM in Support of A Downward Variance by Cirino Gonzalez. (Bownes, David) (Entered: 09/22/2008)

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/gonzalez527.pdf
Anyone, including lastlady, who thinks that Reno's attorney is not helpful to Reno, should read this. His attorney has presented this well and is Reno's best shot at a reduced sentence and not the Jose-UCC garbage or Haas-no jurisdiction trash.
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

VanMeters Revenge wrote: well if i was of Mexican lineage, with an unpronounceable first name followed by a last name like Gonzalez going up to demonstrate solidarity on certain viewpoints with total strangers I do not know, especially in a predominately white mans movement, that want to blame anything and everything on illegal immigrants, well I think I would be carrying around some BFG’s too, just for protection.

Feel sorry for what is becoming of our country, our economy, I hope you all don’t lose your homes that you have worked your lives away for, even though I’m sure it was off the labors of others, of off the tribulations of others whom become entrapped in your legal and unjust courts or inside the prison system.
Was Reno carrying to protect himself from the racist TPs or from the impending assault by the US Marshall's Office?

If Reno were serious about taking a stand, he would have taken the extra risk of going unarmed. Once again, think Gandhi, not Rambo.

I make my living getting people out of the messes that they created on their own. My clients love me for making their lives better.

Finally, try not to confuse the legal system with justice. Laws are made by man, who is fallible, sometimes terribly so.

Donna, are you going to the sentencing?
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

There's just nothing like the semi-literate, which describes Reno, daddy and everyone else related to or supporting him.

After reading their rubbish for many months, I've concluded that all of these people just ain't very damn bright. Rock-stupid equals maximum upward departure.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.