Bob Schulz and the Amer. Int'l Group (AIG) Bailout

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Bob Schulz and the Amer. Int'l Group (AIG) Bailout

Post by Famspear »

I just came across this, dated September 19, 2008, from a web site called "Upstream":
Queensbury Activist, Bob Schulz, Sues Government Over AIG Bailout

On the day following the 221st anniversary of the signing of the U.S. Constitution, WTP (We The People) Chairman and constitutional activist Robert Schulz today filed a federal lawsuit in United States District Court in Albany seeking to halt the execution of the emergency bailout of American International Group, Inc. (AIG) by the United States Government and the Federal Reserve.

The lawsuit asserts that the commitment of public funds and credit for the direct benefit of privately owned AIG is an ultra virus action by the United States Government and Federal Reserve, i.e., beyond the limited legal authority granted by the Constitution. The lawsuit asks for a “show cause” hearing demanding that the Government produce evidence of its legal authority to commit public funds for such a purpose, as well as emergency and permanent injunctions halting the bailout transaction.

Beyond the Constitutional deficiencies, the bailout establishes a dangerous precedent enabling the Fed and/or Government to nationalize virtually any business or property within the United States without legal authority or congressional approval.

The defendants include the Federal Reserve System, Fed Chairman Ben Bernanki, the U.S. Treasury, Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson Jr. and the United States Government.

The WTP Foundation today issued a press release citing Schulz:

“Beyond the moral hazard and dangerous precedent established by this action, it is of vital importance that the American people recognize that the present financial crisis is a direct and predictable result of decades of constitutional violations by the Federal Government. Through a long-standing policy of disinformation and collusion with the Federal Reserve and Wall Street financial elite, the United States Federal Government has denied public access to information about the secretive operations of the privately owned and operated Federal Reserve and its monopoly control of America’s money system.

“This monopoly control of our currency by a private banking cartel has resulted in increasing distortion, volatility and cyclical (boom and bust) economic conditions in the U.S. and abroad. America’s fiat currency (produced from thin air) is manipulated by the Federal Reserve for the benefit of its owners, major Wall Street financial institutions and the Federal Government and is not unaccountable to the taxpayers. These abuses of the Constitution have taken our financial system to edge of the abyss. The chickens have come home to roost.”
http://upstreamzine.wordpress.com/2008/ ... g-bailout/
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Cpt Banjo
Fretful leader of the Quat Quartet

Re: Bob Schulz and the Amer. Int'l Group (AIG) Bailout

Post by Cpt Banjo »

The lawsuit asserts that the commitment of public funds and credit for the direct benefit of privately owned AIG is an ultra virus action by the United States Government and Federal Reserve, i.e., beyond the limited legal authority granted by the Constitution.
I thought that's what computer hackers did.
"Run get the pitcher, get the baby some beer." Rev. Gary Davis
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

See
Schulz v. United States Executive Department et al
U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
case 1:08-cv-01011-GLS-DRH

The defendants:

1. United States Executive Department

2. George W. Bush
President of the United States

3. Henry M. Paulson, Jr.
Secretary of the Treasury

4. United States Congress

5. Nancy Pelosi
Speaker of the House of Representatives

6. Harry Reid
Senate Majority Leader

7. United States Federal Reserve System

8. Ben S. Bernanke
Chairman of the Board of the United States Federal Reserve System
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Here's a copy of the complaint., the Memorandum of Law and Schulz' Declaration. .

And from the WTP website:
U.S. Lacks Constitutional Authority for Loan

On the day following the 221st anniversary of the signing of the U.S. Constitution, WTP Chairman and constitutional activist Robert Schulz today filed a federal lawsuit in United States District Court in Albany seeking to halt the execution of the emergency bailout of American International Group, Inc. (AIG) by the United States Government and the Federal Reserve.

The lawsuit asserts that the commitment of public funds and credit for the direct benefit of privately owned AIG is an ultra vires action by the United States Government and Federal Reserve, i.e., beyond the limited legal authority granted by the Constitution. The lawsuit asks for a "show cause" hearing demanding that the Government produce evidence of its legal authority to commit public funds for such a purpose, as well as emergency and permanent injunctions halting the bailout transaction.

Beyond the Constitutional deficiencies, the bailout establishes a dangerous precedent enabling the Fed and/or Government to nationalize virtually any business or property within the United States without legal authority or congressional approval.

The defendants include the Federal Reserve System, Fed Chairman Ben Bernanki, the U.S. Treasury, Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson Jr. and the United States Government.

The WTP Foundation today issued a press release citing Schulz:

"Beyond the moral hazard and dangerous precedent established by this action, it is of vital importance that the American people recognize that the present financial crisis is a direct and predictable result of decades of constitutional violations by the Federal Government. Through a long-standing policy of disinformation and collusion with the Federal Reserve and Wall Street financial elite, the United States Federal Government has denied public access to information about the secretive operations of the privately owned and operated Federal Reserve and its monopoly control of America�s money system.

"This monopoly control of our currency by a private banking cartel has resulted in increasing distortion, volatility and cyclical (boom and bust) economic conditions in the U.S. and abroad. America�s fiat currency (produced from thin air) is manipulated by the Federal Reserve for the benefit of its owners, major Wall Street financial institutions and the Federal Government and is not unaccountable to the taxpayers. These abuses of the Constitution have taken our financial system to edge of the abyss. The chickens have come home to roost."
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

From docket entry 7 in the case:
MEMORANDUM-DECISION AND ORDER

I. Introduction

Pending are applications for a Preliminary Injunction in Civil Action Number 1:08cv991 and a Temporary Injunction in Civil Action Number 1:08cv1011. See Dkt. Nos. 7 and 4. Since these cases appear to be related, they will be consolidated. Civil Action Number 1:08cv991 will become the lead case and Civil Action Number 1:08cv1011 will become the member case. All further filings will be docketed in the lead case only.

II. Preliminary Injunction and Temporary Injunction

Without citation to authority or an explanation of this court’s jurisdiction, except conclusory statements of the law, Robert Schulz, asks this court to interfere in the affairs of the legislative and/or the executive branches. Again, since Schulz has failed to provide any authority for the court to take such action, both applications are denied.

WHEREFORE, for the foregoing reasons, it is hereby

ORDERED that Civil No. 1:08-CV-991 shall be designated as theLead case and that Civil No. 1:08-CV-1011 shall be designated as the Member case, all further filing will be docketed in the lead case only; and it is further

ORDERED that the applications for a Preliminary Injunction and a Temporary Injunction are DENIED.

IT IS SO ORDERED.
Dated: September 25, 2008

[signature by the Court]
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Famspear wrote:From docket entry 7 in the case:
MEMORANDUM-DECISION AND ORDER

Without citation to authority or an explanation of this court’s jurisdiction, except conclusory statements of the law, Robert Schulz, asks this court to interfere in the affairs of the legislative and/or the executive branches. Again, since Schulz has failed to provide any authority for the court to take such action, both applications are denied.

At least Bob is consistent....
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

In the complaint in the lead case (number 1:08-CV-991), Bob Schulzie-poo misspelled Ben Bernanke's name as "Bernanki."

Aw shucks, that voids the whole lawsuit!
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

You guys are, like, so yesterday.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

wserra wrote:You guys are, like, so yesterday.
Urk!

How did I miss that?
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

Oh good, I was having a serious feeling of deja vu reading this thread.
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

Famspear wrote:
Urk!

How did I miss that?
Happens to a lot of guys your age!

Friday Afternoon Moment of Zen!
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

ASITStands wrote:
Famspear wrote:
Urk!

How did I miss that?
Happens to a lot of guys your age!

Friday Afternoon Moment of Zen!
Maybe I should try doing this....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080926/ap_ ... BRVqtI2ocA

That would probably clear my head up.

EDIT: By the way, the guy who pulled this off is reportedly 49 years old.