Former IRS agent, accountant and anti-tyranny activist

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Truthstalker

Former IRS agent, accountant and anti-tyranny activist

Post by Truthstalker »

Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Did I forget to mention this before???
U.S. District Court
Northern District of Georgia (Atlanta)
CRIMINAL DOCKET FOR CASE #: 1:07-cr-00108-ODE-GGB-1

Case title: USA v. Jackson
Date Filed: 04/13/2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Assigned to: Judge Orinda D. Evans
Referred to: Judge Gerrilyn G. Brill

Defendant
Sherry Peel Jackson (1) represented by Sherry Peel Jackson
1560 Fieldgreen Overlook
Stone Mountain, GA 30088
PRO SE

Warren Carl Lietz, III
Kish & Lietz, P.C.
1700 South Tower
225 Peachtree Street, NE
Atlanta, GA 30303
404-588-3991
Fax: 404-588-3995
Email: carl@law-kl.com
LEAD ATTORNEY
ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED
Designation: Retained

Pending Counts
Disposition
26:7203 WILLFUL FAILURE TO FILE RETURN, SUPPLY INFORMATION
(1-4)

Highest Offense Level (Opening)
Misdemeanor

Terminated Counts
Disposition
None

Highest Offense Level (Terminated)
None

Complaints
Disposition
None

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plaintiff
USA represented by Richard M. Langway
Office of United States Attorney
75 Spring Street, S.W.
600 United States Courthouse
Atlanta, GA 30303
404-581-6000
Email: richard.langway@usdoj.gov
LEAD ATTORNEY
ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED

Date Filed # Docket Text
04/13/2007 1 INFORMATION as to Sherry Peel Jackson (1) count(s) 1-4. (ryc) (Entered: 04/13/2007)

04/13/2007 2 Defendant Information Sheet as to Sherry Peel Jackson. (ryc) (Entered: 04/13/2007)

04/13/2007 3 Request for Arraignment as to Sherry Peel Jackson. (ryc) (Entered: 04/13/2007)

04/13/2007 4 Summons Issued as to Sherry Peel Jackson. Arraignment set for 4/26/2007 09:30 AM in Courtroom 2022 before Judge Russell G. Vineyard. (ryc) (Entered: 04/13/2007)

04/26/2007 Attorney update in case as to Sherry Peel Jackson. Attorney Warren Carl Lietz, III for Sherry Peel Jackson added with Limited Appearance. (cdg) (Entered: 04/30/2007)
04/26/2007 Case as to Sherry Peel Jackson Assigned to Judge Orinda D. Evans and Magistrate Judge Gerrilyn G. Brill. (cdg) (Entered: 04/30/2007)

04/26/2007 5 Minute Entry for proceedings held before Judge Gerrilyn G. Brill : INITIAL APPEARANCE as to Sherry Peel Jackson. Estimated Trial Time-Short, Order Appointing Carl Leitz as counsel with limited appearance. Order giving defendant 10 days to employ counsel. ARRAIGNMENT HELD, PLEA of NOT GUILTY by Sherry Peel Jackson (1) Count 1-4, Case assigned to Judge Evans and Magistrate Brill, Bond Hearing, Non-Surety as to Sherry Peel Jackson. (Attachments: # 1 Plea (With Counsel)) (Tape #GGB 07-11 @ 6249.) (cdg) (Entered: 04/30/2007)

04/26/2007 6 Appearance Bond Entered as to Sherry Peel Jackson in amount of $25,000.00, (cdg) (Entered: 04/30/2007)

04/26/2007 7 ORDER Setting Conditions of Release as to Sherry Peel Jackson. Signed by Judge Gerrilyn G. Brill on 4/26/2007. (cdg) (Entered: 04/30/2007)

04/26/2007 8 ORDER Allowing defendant until 5/10/2007 at 2:00PM, to obtain counsel of defendant's own choosing. Time is EXCLUDED from 4/26/2007 until counsel has appeared for defendant or until further order of the Court. Signed by Judge Gerrilyn G. Brill on 4/26/2007. (cdg) (Entered: 05/01/2007)

04/30/2007 9 PRETRIAL SCHEDULING ORDER as to Sherry Peel Jackson. Pretrial Conference set for 5/11/2007, at 9:30 AM in Courtroom 1834 before Judge Gerrilyn G. Brill. Signed by Judge Gerrilyn G. Brill on 4/30/2007. (sjk) (Entered: 05/02/2007)

05/04/2007 10 ORDER as to Sherry Peel Jackson granting defendant's oral unopposed motion to extend the pretrial motions deadline for a period of 30 days - defendant shall file any pretrial motions by 6/10/07. 8 Order is not impacted by this order and defendant shall comply with that order in all respects. The clerk is directed to exclude for Speedy Trial the time attributable to the granting of the motion. Signed by Judge Orinda D. Evans on 5/4/07. (fmm) (Entered: 05/07/2007)

05/07/2007 NOTICE (by docket entry only) RESETTING the pretrial conference to 6/11/07, at 9:30 a.m. as to Sherry Peel Jackson. (se) (Entered: 05/07/2007)

05/15/2007 11 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: Warren Carl Lietz, III appearing on behalf of Sherry Peel Jackson (Lietz, Warren) (Entered: 05/15/2007)
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Last edited by Demosthenes on Wed May 30, 2007 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

Gosh, I don't recall seeing this bombshell!
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

She was one of Bob S' dog-and-pony show members for a while.

Then she got caught up in selling guaranteed-to-solve-all-your-problems herbal supplements.

Somehow she forgot to file those nasty tax returns along the way.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Demosthenes wrote:The Information:

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/jackson1.pdf
Based on the date of the filing (4/13/07), does this mean that she's this year's TP Poster Child?
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Nikki wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:The Information:

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/jackson1.pdf
Based on the date of the filing (4/13/07), does this mean that she's this year's TP Poster Child?
If so, they forgot to print a poster. I don't see a press release or any announcement of any kind.
gezco

Re: Former IRS agent, accountant and anti-tyranny activist

Post by gezco »

Truthstalker wrote:Image
Gee, I’m a former IRS agent and a CPA but no one wants to put me their radio show. Maybe that’s because:

1. I know the law that requires American’s to pay the Federal Income Tax.
2. I think the “tax honesty” movement has nothing to due with honesty and everything to due with fraud.
3. I know the options in a free country are to pay your tax or go somewhere else. You are free to leave if you don’t like the tax system or you could try to lobby for change.

The “tax honesty” label is the one that get’s my goat. They should just be honest and call it the tax fraud movement or maybe the 50 ways to attempt to screw your fellow citizens movement, or the I’m just looking for some way to rationalize not paying income tax because I can’t figure out how to make enough money movement. I do particularly love how “tax honesty” movement considers not being criminally convicted of tax fraud a victory. They never seem to mention how much the defendant ends up paying in the end.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Demosthenes wrote:Did I forget to mention this before???
Yes, you forgot.

How can we rely on you if you're going to hold back the really good stuff?

It'll be interesting to see how Jackson's experience as an "anti-tyranny activist" help her in the courtroom. My guess is that her anti-tyranny skills are not as finely honed as she might think.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

I've often wondered if Sherry Jackson were a white male if she'd be more popular with the TPs. There's so much underlying racism in the TP movement I've got to think that's been a factor in keeping from becoming a bigger player in the TP game. One doesn't have to read far into LH or on Sooeey to see the underlying racism inherent in TP types.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

LPC wrote:How can we rely on you if you're going to hold back the really good stuff?
:twisted:
Truthstalker

Post by Truthstalker »

I've often wondered if Sherry Jackson were a white male if she'd be more popular with the TPs.

Hmmmm...I don't know...I think I'll go with Sherry Appeal Jackson.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Joey Smith wrote:Gosh, I don't recall seeing this bombshell!
Yeah, she is pretty hot - for a TP.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
student

Post by student »

Doktor Avalanche wrote:
What you were trying to say was "Yeah, she is pretty hot - for an IRS employee."

Some interesting well-known Quatloosian stereotypes:

* Tax protestors are ugly white males.
* IRS employees are successful.
* Tax Laws are not discriminatory.
* Federal prosecutors persue only pool cleaners and tire shop owners.

Clarification is needed, or many income tax advocates hide their true feelings behind the subject of racism.

Truthstalker

Post by Truthstalker »

What you were trying to say was "Yeah, she is pretty hot - for an IRS employee."
I know what you mean. Most of the ones I've seen (with the exception of that former airline "stew") were definitely "two-baggers."
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

It would seem that "student" needs to remain such. Probably for a very, very long time.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Doktor Avalanche

student wrote:
Doktor Avalanche wrote:
Former IRS employee, now turned TP.

And I would appreciate it in future that you not try to put words in my mouth as I'm quite aware of what I say at any given moment.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Bud Dickman

Post by Bud Dickman »

Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

New docket entries:

06/08/2007 12 MOTION for Bill of Particulars by Sherry Peel Jackson. (Attachments: # 1 US Attorney Charges) (Lietz, Warren) (Entered: 06/08/2007)

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/jackson12.pdf

06/08/2007 13 MOTION to Dismiss Counts One-Four by Sherry Peel Jackson. (Lietz, Warren) (Entered: 06/08/2007)

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/jackson13.pdf

Check out the motion to dismiss. A lawyer signed off on this?
Each count of the information claims that Ms. Jackson “was required by Title 26, United States Code, and by regulations made under the authority thereof, to make a federal income tax return.” Although the information alludes to “Title 26" and the “regulations” that allegedly imposed the requirement to make a tax return, it does not identify those provisions. Accordingly, in order to ascertain the provisions against which she will be required to defend, Ms. Jackson, along with the instant Motion, has also filed a Motion for a Bill of Particulars. In that Motion, Ms. Jackson has requested the provisions of “Title 26" and the “regulations” referenced in the information. Without this information, Ms. Jackson cannot adequately defend against the Government’s charges.

In the instant Motion, we preliminarily contend that the Gvernment will not be able to identify a provision within Title 26 or the pertinent regulations that required Ms. Jackson to make a return for the years in question.
Doktor Avalanche

Demosthenes wrote:New docket entries:

06/08/2007 12 MOTION for Bill of Particulars by Sherry Peel Jackson. (Attachments: # 1 US Attorney Charges) (Lietz, Warren) (Entered: 06/08/2007)

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/jackson12.pdf

06/08/2007 13 MOTION to Dismiss Counts One-Four by Sherry Peel Jackson. (Lietz, Warren) (Entered: 06/08/2007)

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/jackson13.pdf

Check out the motion to dismiss. A lawyer signed off on this?
Each count of the information claims that Ms. Jackson “was required by Title 26, United States Code, and by regulations made under the authority thereof, to make a federal income tax return.” Although the information alludes to “Title 26" and the “regulations” that allegedly imposed the requirement to make a tax return, it does not identify those provisions. Accordingly, in order to ascertain the provisions against which she will be required to defend, Ms. Jackson, along with the instant Motion, has also filed a Motion for a Bill of Particulars. In that Motion, Ms. Jackson has requested the provisions of “Title 26" and the “regulations” referenced in the information. Without this information, Ms. Jackson cannot adequately defend against the Government’s charges.

In the instant Motion, we preliminarily contend that the Gvernment will not be able to identify a provision within Title 26 or the pertinent regulations that required Ms. Jackson to make a return for the years in question.
Wow..where'd this guy get his law degree? Guatemala?