Outbreak of idiocy in Indiana

Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Re: Outbreak of idiocy in Indiana

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Lambkin wrote:Returning to Indiana,

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/22813692/detail.html
Pendleton police have seized a license plate of a so-called "sovereign citizen," a growing group of Indiana residents who claim to be outside the law.

Police said the plate was going to be placed on a vehicle by a self-proclaimed diplomat in lieu of a state-issued plate.
"was going to be placed" sounds like it was somehow intercepted before it hit the streets.
Pendleton Police Chief Marc Farrer called such proclamations both illegitimate and illegal, and said that anyone driving with such plates will be ticketed and have their vehicle towed. The plate was turned over to the FBI.

The Secretary of State's office said about 10 people every month ask to put a seal on a document so that they can claim freedom from taxes.
I bet it's one of those "apostilles" that are so beloved by the Sooeys.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Demosthenes wrote:
webhick wrote:"Oh, you want a seal on that pile of crap? First, you'll have to pay a $10 fee for me to roll the dice of fate and we'll see whether or not we can do what you want."
I can totally see this as a funny scene in a book. Satan's bureaucrats run the DMV...
Can't do that. There was a show on the CW called Reaper, where Sam had to deliver vessels containing captured souls to a demon named Delores at the DMV who would then ship them back to hell via a vacuum tube. Good little show, too bad it's gone.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Farmer Giles

Post by Farmer Giles »

CaptainKickback wrote:What I find interesting, and very vexing, is all these "sovereign" types who feel they do not have to pay taxes, but also fully expect and demand to use public goods and services provided and paid for with taxes. You know, things like roads, sidewalks, libraries, first responder services and so forth.
Thats absolute bulls*hit. There is no charge to use any public good or service especially roads sidewalks, emergency service and so forth. These benefits are open and available to all without question.

They are a cancer on society
cancer is corruption and it comes from a clogged colon.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Farmer Giles wrote:Thats absolute bulls*hit. There is no charge to use any public good or service especially roads sidewalks, emergency service and so forth. These benefits are open and available to all without question.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH :!:
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Farmer Giles wrote:...
Thats absolute bulls*hit. There is no charge to use any public good or service especially roads sidewalks, emergency service and so forth. These benefits are open and available to all without question.
Yep. The Fairy Godmother waves her magic wand and voila! Highways appear, ambulances and fire engines inhabit fire stations, traffic control devices mount themselves on poles that have sprouted up out of the ground!

I would have never guessed.

:roll:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Randall
Warden of the Quatloosian Sane Asylum
Location: The Deep South, so deep I'm almost in Rhode Island.

Post by Randall »

Maybe when Farmer has a colonoscopy (sp?) they'll find his head.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Farmer:

Consider this then try to answer the question at the end.

David Merrill recently injured himself rather severely and went to a hospital for diagnosis and treatment. If I recall correctly, he fractured a collar bone and severly lacerated his scalp.

The hospital staff took x-rays, stapled his scalp wound, and did something for his collar bone.

David did not pay anything for these services.

Okay Farmer: Who paid the doctors, nurses, x-ray film vendor, manfacturer of the surgical staples, etc? Where did the money come from to compensate them for their time, services, and supplies? Now, apply the same question to your highways, sidewalks, ambulances, fire trucks, and so on and answer that.
Farmer Giles

Post by Farmer Giles »

it certainly doesnt come from all your "productive work". social parasites .

taxes pay for literally ZERO. Most of the budget isnt even real, if only because its "take with one hand. give with another". If all factors are balanced out who knows how low net spending really is... especially since most of it is to pay the gains of posters like you all.

Meanwhile in the real world all productivity is financed... but you knew that. Yes. I can see the nervousness from fear of unemployment. You might have a hard time if you actually had to do anything or face a day or two of real life.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

A non-answer.

Try again.

One of the nurses in the hospital has to pay her rent and buy food for her children.

She gets that money from the hospital.

If David didn't pay anything, where did the hospital get the money to pay her?
Farmer Giles

Post by Farmer Giles »

Nikki wrote:

Consider this then try to answer the question at the end.

Okay Farmer: Who paid the doctors, nurses, x-ray film vendor, manfacturer of the surgical staples, etc? Where did the money come from to compensate them for their time, services, and supplies? Now, apply the same question to your highways, sidewalks, ambulances, fire trucks, and so on and answer that.
payment is just a calculation device. nobody paid except those who actually did something. The cost of doing something is successful completion. Money may be real enough but we barely use it these days anyway. Fiscal accounting has replaced economics. Who accounted the credits and debits of the participants? who cares? thats what banks and such are for.

its not possible to "run out of money" when money is just book-entries. theres no way to even know that anyone "pays" taxes, since so much of what is received comes from the government one way or another. this comes down to staring at bit of paper and thinking you know something. its called "the capitalist ideology", and its been a religion for a while now.
Last edited by Farmer Giles on Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Farmer Giles

Post by Farmer Giles »

Number Six wrote: It was late at night, I was coming back from a judge's funeral in the mid-west, what would have been a legal procedure, in your opinion to fight what I agree was a significant violation? When I found myself in court in Bedford, NY, the judge asked me if I wanted a trial...
I know its often not worth fighting about. I suppose a federal civil rights lawsuit?

Since you did appear in court, I would have argued that matter was stale, to say the least. PA has a very specific law, Title 42 Judicial Code "limits to prosecution", where after 3 years all further prosecution to a 'summary offense' under the VC is barred. Check the local laws for more info as always.

But the concept of "this is just too old" is valid and recognized by courts.
Duke2Earl
Eighth Operator of the Delusional Mooloo

Post by Duke2Earl »

Farmer Giles wrote:its not possible to "run out of money" when money is just book-entries. theres no way to even know that ayone "pays" taxes, since so much of what is received comes from the government one way or another. this comes down to staring at bit of paper and thinking you know something. its caled "the capitalist ideology", and its been a religion for a while now.
Oh really. How's that working for you?

Seriously, why is anyone discussing anything with this person other than the same reason why the "swells" went to look and laugh at the inmates of bedlam?
My choice early in life was to either be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politican. And to tell the truth there's hardly any difference.

Harry S Truman
Farmer Giles

Post by Farmer Giles »

wserra wrote:
Farmer Giles wrote:that arrest was totally illegal. In PA for example all petty traffic offenses expire in 3 years: further prosecution is absolutely barred.
From Number Six's description, s/he failed to appear, either to answer the summons or to pay a fine - it's not clear which. Please cite the law which says that traffic offenses "expire" under those circumstances. Please note that this is not either a speedy trial or statute of limitations situation, since apparently Number Six failed to appear..
(e) Disposition of proceedings within three years.--No
proceedings shall be held or action taken pursuant to a summary
offense under Title 75 subsequent to three years after the
commission of the offense.

http://law.onecle.com/pennsylvania/judi ... 3.000.html
Im sure NY has a similar law.
Then I'm sure you can cite it.
my rate is $200 gold money per hour. do your own research.
And he had no right to take you in unless you consented, because you could pay the fine on the spot under the rules of procedure.
What "rule" is that?
"arrest procedures for summary cases under the vehicle code"
and besides, your car was probably worth more than 200 so there was a surety anyway.
Therefore, if you're driving a Ferrari F50, you can walk away from virtually anything.
yes, if its only money they want.
Parvati
Demigoddess of Volatile Benevolence

Post by Parvati »

Duke2Earl wrote:Seriously, why is anyone discussing anything with this person other than the same reason why the "swells" went to look and laugh at the inmates of bedlam?
I was reading some of FG's threads after dinner yesterday, and when my boyfriend asked me what I was doing, I replied, "Trolling Bedlam." I can only imagine that he's being used for sport, as reason has proven ineffective.
"The risk in becoming very intimate with a moldie Parvati is that she may unexpectedly become a Kali and take your head."--Rudy Rucker, Freeware
“Most men would kill the truth if truth would kill their religion.”--Lemuel K. Washburn.
Farmer Giles

Post by Farmer Giles »

Parvati wrote:
Duke2Earl wrote:Seriously, why is anyone discussing anything with this person other than the same reason why the "swells" went to look and laugh at the inmates of bedlam?
I was reading some of FG's threads after dinner yesterday, and when my boyfriend asked me what I was doing, I replied, "Trolling Bedlam." I can only imagine that he's being used for sport, as reason has proven ineffective.
troll was too kind.
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Farmer Giles wrote:
Parvati wrote:
troll was too kind.
I agree you are a troll.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Farmer Giles wrote:
wserra wrote:
Farmer Giles wrote:Im sure NY has a similar law.
Then I'm sure you can cite it.
my rate is $200 gold money per hour. do your own research.
I'm sure that there is a law that anyone who calls himself "Farmer Giles" must be shot at dawn to avoid further pollution of the gene pool.

Cite? My rate is 200 bars of gold-pressed latinum per hour. Do your own research.
And he had no right to take you in unless you consented, because you could pay the fine on the spot under the rules of procedure.
What "rule" is that?
"arrest procedures for summary cases under the vehicle code"
Oh, that rule. I know that one. It comes right after the "shoot Farmer Giles at dawn" rule.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Farmer Giles

Post by Farmer Giles »

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5552&p=88793#p88793

just remember I have a blunderbuss...and I'm a much better shot than you.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Okay. Your blunderbuss versus my .50 cal at 1,000 yards.

Dollars to donuts, I can put a round into your blunderbuss without creasing a hair on your arm.

You REALLY should think before you babble.
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Nikki wrote:...
You REALLY should think before you babble.
That would only help if his cognitive skills had been fully developed. Giles is almost as obtuse as Van Pelt but he lacks the seemingly endless repository of URL links to gibberish for the purposes of raising hit counts and finding IP addresses.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three