What's up at Lost Horizons?

Duke2Earl
Eighth Operator of the Delusional Mooloo

Re: What's up at Lost Horizons?

Post by Duke2Earl »

"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose."

They are right that once you are living in the streets and doing your internet surfing at the library, there's not much the IRS can do to you.
My choice early in life was to either be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politican. And to tell the truth there's hardly any difference.

Harry S Truman
LDE

Post by LDE »

We have talked a lot about this on the board - stay out of the alligator pit.
"Your Honor, I repudiate these allegations, and I repudiate these alligators."
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

As of about 12:53 pm on Saturday, March 13, the newest registered user at losthorizons.com is "David Merrill."

I actually feel sorry for the Crackheads.
:wink:
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

LPC wrote:
Patrick Mooney wrote:......At some point, you're going to have to prepare to defend yourself legally,
Another important difference between tax nuts and lawyers and accountants is that lawyers and accountants think that a tax position that is going to have to be defended in court is usually a BAD tax strategy.
Patrick Mooney wrote:The only way they can collect from me is to take me to criminal court....
And a tax position that is going to be defended in *criminal* court is a VERY BAD tax strategy.

But that's just the thinking of people who do this kind of thing for a living. Self-taught idiots with narcissistic personality disorders and martyrdom fantasies might reach a different conclusion.
Actually, no, that is not the only they can collect from you. In fact, it is probably the least likely way that they will collect from you. Most likely, you'll find your assets (assuming you have any) being sold off and proceeds given to the IRS. Or a levy will be put in place on your wages or bank account (assuming you have wages and a bank account). Don't underestimate the power of the dark side.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

Famspear wrote:As of about 12:53 pm on Saturday, March 13, the newest registered user at losthorizons.com is "David Merrill."

I would bet that David can spout enough gibberish over there to get himself banned by Pete before Pete goes to jail. :twisted:
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

The Operative wrote:
Famspear wrote:As of about 12:53 pm on Saturday, March 13, the newest registered user at losthorizons.com is "David Merrill."

I would bet that David can spout enough gibberish over there to get himself banned by Pete before Pete goes to jail. :twisted:

I can last a few weeks I bet. I mean look at us over the years...

I can tell you exactly what is up at Lost Horizons.

The right to be heard.

Officer JACOBSEN: What is your name?
David Merrill: David Merrill.

Why have any hearings at all if I have no right to be heard?

That is why there are so many Refunds there. And why so many people get into trouble. Contradictory testimony comes in from the employer by W-2 and W-99 reports but the IRS is compelled to believe the initial testimony of the taxpayer. So they cut the Refund Check on the sworn testimony on the 1040 Form.

Then the DoJ comes after the individual and it turns out that "shall" means this, and "where is the law" means Article 10 'abrogating obligations' and finding liable in the Code... those are all so worn out that any Bar attorner gets sanctioned for even bringing them up. And the pro se guy gets one warning only.

So they have to pay it back with penalties and Pete banishes them if they want to report the failed success story.

Regards,

David Merrill.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

Doktor Avalanche wrote:
Yes, Afghanistan - where the cottage industry is creating rubble, where vests come in two styles (bulletproof and suicide), where the men have more wives than teeth, where they really walk a mile for a camel, where the question "does this burka make my ass look fat" is asked, where they believe every word of the Koran but don't know how to read, where they think television is dangerous but routinely carry live ammunition in their pockets, where they can't think of anyone they HAVEN'T declared Jihad against, where they're amazed that cell phones can be used for purposes other than setting off roadside bombs, where the phrase "I love what you've done with the cave" is uttered, where they refine heroin for a living but have a moral objection to beer and where they wipe their butts with their bare left hands but consider bacon "unclean".

Talk about facepalms of the year!
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

Famspear wrote:I actually feel sorry for the Crackheads.
This may be a good thing. Attracting the obviously mentally-ill might result in them suspecting that others amongst them are similarly ill.

Perhaps having swum in their pool of delusional losers for so long without serious question, throwing a word-salad piranha into their midst will wake them up.

If nothing else it will probably result in great hilarity, or at the very least copious quantities of ever more ridiculous gibberish.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

. wrote:
Famspear wrote:I actually feel sorry for the Crackheads.
This may be a good thing. Attracting the obviously mentally-ill might result in them suspecting that others amongst them are similarly ill.

Perhaps having swum in their pool of delusional losers for so long without serious question, throwing a word-salad piranha into their midst will wake them up.

If nothing else it will probably result in great hilarity, or at the very least copious quantities of ever more ridiculous gibberish.

Perhaps you fools might someday understand that the Internet is no forum to diagnose anybody mentally-ill.

Regards,

David Merrill.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Van Pelt will be in a state of hit-counter induced euphoria for days.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:Van Pelt will be in a state of hit-counter induced euphoria for days.

Let's watch for that too - Bean.

Perhaps you fools might someday understand that the Internet is no forum to diagnose anybody mentally-ill.

But your consistent pseudonomania makes me wonder - at least I would if you did not show signs of having a Bar Card.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

David Merrll wrote:

Regards,

David Merrill.
Um, so where did you get YOUR diagnosis? In that we agreed, you have to admit we did okay on at least one case.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

Gregg wrote:
David Merrll wrote:

Regards,

David Merrill.
Um, so where did you get YOUR diagnosis? In that we agreed, you have to admit we did okay on at least one case.

Wrong. In that one case I was diagosed (evaluated) quite competent.

Psychological Evaluation.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

David Merrill wrote:Wrong. In that one case I was diagosed (evaluated) quite competent.

[redacted, in case someone wants to comment on the previous version]
Last edited by Arthur Rubin on Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

There is a significant difference between someone being deemed competent to stand trial (able to comprehend the charges against him and to contribute to his defense) and being deemed insane in terms of residing in an alternate reality and attempting to impose his version of reality on his surroundings,

Examples of inability to comprehend reality:

Baseless (in terms of law) allegations of illegal deferred prosecution

Failure to comprehend and accept the legal aspects of an arraignment

Belief that just because someone maintains a current bar association membership that person is a practicing attorney

Belief that because a judge enters a plea of 'Not guilty' (as mandated by law where the acused refuses to enter a plea) that the judge is 'practicing law from the bench'

Insistence and attempting to initiate legal proceedings based on the assumption that there is some financial bond associated with an oath of office.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

David Merrill wrote:Wrong. In that one case I was diagosed (evaluated) quite competent.

It's marked "refused for cause". Doesn't that make it invalid on Planet Merrill?
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

"refused for cause" MUST be scrawled diagonally in red crayon. Otherwise, it's invalid.
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

Nikki;

Evaluating me over the Internet means you are crazy.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Only on Planet Merrill.