Pure Trust vs. "Common Law/Contract Trust"?

bmielke

Re: Pure Trust vs. "Common Law/Contract Trust"?

Post by bmielke »

webhick wrote:
CaptainKickback wrote:
webhick wrote:If you consider the inability to stop humping the living room furniture part of being "perfect," then sure, I agree.
I have NEVER humped the living room furniture.
Living room, den, patio, neighborhood dogs, whatever...
Damn it people are going to start looking at me funny, I can't read this thread until I go home. :(
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

CaptainKickback wrote:
It took me a loooong time to become perfect. :mrgreen:
"Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble
When you're perfect in every way...."
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

webhick wrote:Yeah, I mean a person only gets married six or seven times in a lifetime...
One of my favorite quotes is from Adela Rogers St. Johns: “I think every woman's entitled to a middle husband she can forget.”

She also wrote that: “There is so little difference between husbands you might as well keep the first.”
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

UGA Lawdog wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:Guys, unless a woman is marrying for money, getting hitched is a serious emotional commitment. Dragging two lawyers into the marriage bed is a bad idea.
"Unless a woman is marrying for money"??? Isn't that the most common reason?
Not being married, but hoping to be married one day I hope not, because if it is I am screwed.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Post by Mr. Mephistopheles »

bmielke wrote:
UGA Lawdog wrote: "Unless a woman is marrying for money"??? Isn't that the most common reason?
Not being married, but hoping to be married one day I hope not, because if it is I am screwed.
Look at bright side. When some suitable candidate for marriage seems interested in you at least you can be assured that she's interested in you, and not about "the money". I actually had one acquaintance not so subtly inquire about my "nest egg". Being unimpressed with the answer we weren't acquainted for long after that. Good riddance.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

CaptainKickback wrote:I have NEVER humped the living room furniture. [mock indignation] I take umbrage at such venal and base characterizations of my otherwise sterling and unblemished reputation. Especially for a young whippersnapper who is probably still wet behind the ears and thinks they can walk on anybody's lawn. [/mock indignation] :roll: :wink:
Either put it back, or we'll send the special, undercover branch if the Illuminati after you: The Umbrage Police.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Demosthenes wrote:Guys, unless a woman is marrying for money, getting hitched is a serious emotional commitment. Dragging two lawyers into the marriage bed is a bad idea.
Now playing: Marvin Mitchelson and Mark Geragos in "No Briefs Required".
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Duke2Earl wrote:
Mr. Mephistopheles wrote:
Duke2Earl wrote:And of course there is the situation wherein I found myself... in which she suggested the pre-nup.
And.....
So always being the gentleman I agreed to have my attorney provide the first draft.
I laughed out loud at that.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown