Pablo has worn out his welcome at LH

Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Re: Pablo has worn out his welcome at LH

Post by Famspear »

Uh-oh. Now, "ricmo" responds:
What is very clear is that Pete takes you through the filing stage and if your redone W-2s and zeroed 1040s don't do the trick...well the trail ends there for CTC. Sorry mate, it worked for others! And I'm wondering about that. I can say this without the least bit of hesitation - if I do win, that is get a refund, I will post a very big grinning video testimonial on youtube and anywhere else I can think of. Where are these from the thousands of supposedly happy recipients so far? Pete is forever asking for these videos and I've yet to see one. Not one! Really? Nobody? In fact I volunteered a while back to make a better promo video for CTC, jam packed with testimonials. No response. That aspect leaves me rather concerned. It should you as well!
(bolding added)

http://www.losthorizons.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2478

EDIT: "ricmo" is apparently actor Rick Mowat, who had small roles in some films including a Woody Allen film.

See:

http://www.snackpacknyc.com/
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

After a response by another poster, Rick Mowat comes back with this:
Thanks for you understanding MNRYAN! I can only presume (and correct me if I'm wrong) that "Hang 'Em High & Patrick Mooney" are fairly new to this and either got a quick refund (God bless 'em!) or are still confident it's right around the corner. Well when you're 2 and half years into it, over 100 certified letters written, with 4 years of returns currently in CDP (will we be liable for $40k of penalties?) and Tax Court looming...get back to me. I'm pretty confident your tune will have changed.
(bolding added).

Not sure whether Rick is actually talking about his own situation or not. But....

All is not well in the land of the lost horizons.......
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

User "mnryan" at losthorizons writes to "Ricmo":
Ricmo,

On a side note, as far as Pablo, he definitely has a lot of information, he could state everything under the sun. No matter the subject[,] he had information in an attempt to controvert any assertion made by someone else (including Pete). The one thing I have realized over the years (and Pete stated in his posting), you will not find something that hasn't already been found. You (as I) are just a few that have been pulled aside by a bully trying to persuade our efforts of complying with the law, into their perverted interpretation of compliance. This is not about the law, or the interpretation by anyone (including Pete) in this forum. We all must remember that the IRS agent DO NOT know the law, only procedures (their law), and sometime there are people like us in here who are willing to fight for the law, not procedure.
Looks like he's bought Pete's lie that the refunds that are issued by the IRS to CtC scammers are issued because the IRS is following the law in those cases, and that the the "few" CtC scammers who have problems are just victims of "unlawful" activity by IRS employees.
REMEMBER, this is not about the money, this is about the illegal extortion of it. I really don't expect to get it back, but I'm going to give them a hell of a battle, and i hope you'll be there with us all!!

I am in agreement with Pete on this, I think that if anyone had a legitimate discussion, he [Pablo Rodriguez] had a reason to tell them they were an idiot for thinking that, and posted 2 pages of reasons why. In the end, I think there were financial gain [sic] he [Pablo] was trying to coop [sic] in here. He want you to believe he was the answer, and he is not, the law is the answer and it's already in here or on the web site.
(bolding added).

He's right about Pablo -- and wrong about CtC.