Tax Protester FAQ Challenge

LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Tax Protester FAQ Challenge

Post by LPC »

From a thread recently locked:
Famspear wrote:
LPC wrote:Specifically, I said: "If you can point to anything in my FAQ that is incorrect or deceptive, then say what it is and I'll tell you why you're wrong."

So what in my FAQ is incorrect or deceptive?
In all the months I have been interacting with Harvester/Nationwide/johnthetaxist, I have yet to have him respond in any meaningful way. He claims that I am a "decepticon," yet he never points out anything specific that he claims is incorrect. He simply spouts more tax protester rhetoric.

In other words, Harvester is a run-of-the-mill tax protester/tax denier. He has no answers. He has only his emotions and his fervently-held delusional beliefs.
I agree.

So, this thread is for you, Harvester (aka Nationwide, aka johnthetaxist). Point to *ONE* (just *one*) statement in my FAQ that is in any way misleading or deceptive.

I get emails from time to time from people who say that my FAQ is "biased" because it don't explain "the other side." These kinds of morons don't understand that there is no other side. Talking about an "other side" in tax protester terms is like talking about the "other side" in whether the earth revolves around the sun or vice versa.

So have at it.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Nikki

Re: Tax Protester FAQ Challenge

Post by Nikki »

Actually, there is another side to each of the points you raise in the FAQ.

Fortunately, each argument or logical analysis 'other side' can be summed up as either "Decision will be entered for the Commissioner' or "Conviction affirmed"
Brandybuck

Post by Brandybuck »

How come the science books never explain "the other side" in the The Earth is Round theory? Sounds like a big scam to me!
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

The world is shaped like an acorn. Why do you think there are ice caps?
Are you saying that Ron Paul serves as a convenient chew toy to keep stupid puppies occupied so they don't roll in the garbage? -grixit
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

It is a phenomenal FAQ. If you were to question graduates of the best colleges why they should pay federal and state income taxes if they never were contacted to do so, would the responses be of an ideological, legal, pragmatic, self-survival, or love of country quality? Probably, the average graduate's essay would be geared to his/her image presented by the argument, when really said graduate would like to write an ego-driven essay, spiced with quotes from Nietzsche, Thoreau, Machiavelli, Milton, Ayn Rand, and 20th century power-hungry politicians.

It breaks down to: How much are you making? How are you making it? What is the demographic of your town/city? Based on your visibility to the data banks, what are the chances your non-filing will be picked up through: 1)Being turned in by a competitor, an ex-wife or ex-husband for more $$, your bank if you have one, an internet profiler; 2) Picked out of the crowd by a data-mining program or profiler, and then be deemed worth having a revenue officer do a number on you; 3) Picked out of the crowd by a state revenue or enforcement agent and be deemed to be an entity who would not become a financial liability to the system--the courts, the jail system, social services, the family, etc., if an enforcement action were undertaken.

I'd like to see a percentage breakdown of each frivolous position taken, with how great the financial losses and social costs have been for each party who pushed their illegal position to the hilt. I would guess the prosecutors weigh the cost to their available resources and the level of social disruption before moving forward, especially against the promoters.
Last edited by Number Six on Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
Harvester

Post by Harvester »

Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding
which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not

Fear ye not me? saith the LORD: will ye not tremble at my presence, which have placed the sand for the bound of the sea by a perpetual decree, that it cannot pass it: and though the waves thereof toss themselves, yet can they not prevail; though they roar, yet can they not pass over it?

But this people hath a revolting and a rebellious heart; they are revolted and gone.

~ Jeremiah 5
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Harvester wrote:Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding

Fear ye not me? saith the LORD: will ye not tremble at my presence, which have placed the sand for the bound of the sea by a perpetual decree, that it cannot pass it: and though the waves thereof toss themselves, yet can they not prevail; though they roar, yet can they not pass over it?

But this people hath a revolting and a rebellious heart; they are revolted and gone.

~ Jeremiah 5
"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for you reap whatever you sow." (Gal. 6:7)
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Harvester, aka Nationwide, aka johnthetaxist, loves to quote Scripture. He and some others of his ilk love to hide behind a veneer of "Christianity" and "patriotism." Much of the writing of these people conveys the strong emotion these people feel and the irrationality of their beliefs. Here are some more recent examples of "johnthetaxist"'s writings:
Folks, stand tall! The beast [presumably, he means the U.S. government, or perhaps the Internal Revenue Service in particular] is backed into a corner; it's scared and unpredictable. Be watchful in it's [sic] final death throes.
And:
DE FACTO GOVERNMENT TRAP(ed)
4/6/2010
"TRAP" is of course "The Restore America Plan."

and:
God is setting America FREE!
http://freedomwatch.uservoice.com/forum ... endrickson

Come on, "Harvester"/"johnthetaxist"/"Nationwide"! No more rhetoric! Select a specific statement by Daniel Evans from The Tax Protester FAQ and try to show us how, as a matter of law, Dan is somehow incorrect.

Here's the link:

http://evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Famspear wrote:statement by Daniel Evans from The Tax Protester FAQ and try to show us how, as a matter of law, Dan is somehow incorrect.

Here's the link:

http://evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
silversopp

Post by silversopp »

Let me get this straight...

Harvester apparently believes that Jeremiah, a long-dead Jewish prophet, was writing about the Tax Protester FAQ? Really? I thought Harvester believed that the Jews were in control of everything. Or is Jeremiah one of the "good Jews"?
Brandybuck

Post by Brandybuck »

Harvester wrote:Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding

...other sacred text ommitted in the interest of brevity
That's a good lesson for you to follow. God gave you a brain, O foolish one, so use it. Engage not in logical fallacy, but seek ye understanding. Fear not the evidence in the FAQ, but go examine it with objectivity. And partake of the challege or shut thee thy mouth.
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

Actually, Harvestor, Jeremiah also paid a property tax or "tribute" as it was called.

Here is a quick search of Strong's concordance on "tribute":

http://www.blueletterbible.org/search/t ... bute&t=KJV

The question was the nature of the tax in those days, and how it was collected. There were tax protestors back then, too.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

LPC wrote:"Be not deceived; God is not mocked...
Yup. He owns a business!
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

CaptainKickback wrote:
silversopp wrote:Let me get this straight...

Harvester apparently believes that Jeremiah, a long-dead Jewish prophet, was writing about the Tax Protester FAQ? Really? I thought Harvester believed that the Jews were in control of everything. Or is Jeremiah one of the "good Jews"?

Hmmph. I thought Jeremiah was a bullfrog. Was a good friend of mine. Never understood a single word he said, but I helped him drink his wine. Always had some mighty fine wine......
Oh, puh-leeeez! That one has to be on my personal list of the World's Worst Songs. I never could figure out why it was so popular......

:wink:
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Famspear wrote:
CaptainKickback wrote:
silversopp wrote:Let me get this straight...

Hmmph. I thought Jeremiah was a bullfrog. Was a good friend of mine. Never understood a single word he said, but I helped him drink his wine. Always had some mighty fine wine......
Oh, puh-leeeez! That one has to be on my personal list of the World's Worst Songs. I never could figure out why it was so popular......

:wink:
Part of the problem is that it's been overplayed to a fare-thee-well....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Randall
Warden of the Quatloosian Sane Asylum
Location: The Deep South, so deep I'm almost in Rhode Island.

Post by Randall »

On your FAQ, you list the following link:
Debunking the Federal Reserve Conspiracy Theories (Edward Flaherty)
It does not work.

What do I win?
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Randall wrote:On your FAQ, you list the following link:
It does not work.

What do I win?
Probably a check for 1000 Quatloos....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:
Randall wrote:On your FAQ, you list the following link:
It does not work.

What do I win?
Probably a check for 1000 Quatloos....
Don't forget to redeam it for lawful money, see Van Pelt for examples. :twisted:
Harvester

Post by Harvester »

Fampire, glad to see you think so highly of my work that you're crossposting it to achieve as wide an audience as possible. Thank you.

LPC, Edward Flaherty is your typical academic hack, making use of 'guilt-by-association,' half truths, and misconstruction. Ease to see through. Is he paid by the same guy that setup your offshore account? He is debunked here:

http://www.freedom-force.org/freedomcon ... age=issues
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Harvester wrote:Fampire, glad to see you think so highly of my work that you're crossposting it to achieve as wide an audience as possible. Thank you.
Oh, what's the matter, Harvester? Nobody takin' you seriously?

8)