Dr. Dino's Wife's Tax Court Case!

Paths of the Sea
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Dr. Dino's Wife's Tax Court Case!

Post by Paths of the Sea »

To reiterate a bit, I don't think "innocent spouse" (e.g., the provision which, in limited circumstances, allows a spouse to be released from the statutory joint liability which follows from having filed a joint return) has any kind of place in this case.

It seems to me that there is great potential for settlement as to Jo, but she will have to cooperate and any deal she might make could be quite a detriment to any shenanigans that Dr. Dino might try to pull. A Mary WInkler-style defense could work depending on Jo's actual frame of mind.

As for Dr. Dino, if he is content to go the way of his like-minded fellows of the Indianapolis Baptist Temple (IBT), Greg Dixon and his son, he just might be willing to take the worst of it, let the millions be assessed, and live with the consequences for another 10-20 years.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
iplawyer

Post by iplawyer »

Unless Jo comes up with the money she owes - I don't think so. As I said she actively participated in this scam.
Paths of the Sea

Well, Dr. Dino was the ministry's headliner, and Jo's participation in evading the cash transaction reporting requirements may not have much to do with determining who should pay the tax on the ministry income.

Until Jo flips, it would be appropriate to allege she is as apt to have been the brains and money-maker behind the organization as Dr. Dino.

I'm still proposing that the government should be working to consolidate the cases for trial and other purposes.

Knowing a little bit about how such things can work, I'm wondering if the various persons currently handling the cases know what they've got and what is going on. Hopefully they do, or will soon.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

iplawyer wrote:Unless Jo comes up with the money she owes - I don't think so. As I said she actively participated in this scam.
Like I said, my position would be based on the facts and I couldn't remember her degree of complicity in the operations.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Paths of the Sea

Nikki,

It seems as if Jo Hovind has filed, today, a Reply to the government's Answer in her case.

Got any details on that?

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I'm sure it will be as entertaining a work of fiction as all the rest of their filings have been.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.