Countdown to judgment - for Peter Hendrickson

Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Re: Countdown to judgment - for Peter Hendrickson

Post by Thule »

Harvester wrote:Pete put up a new page responding to some of your lies.

http://losthorizons.com/Lies.htm
He uses the time between conviction and sentencing to promote his scam even more? [irony]That's smart. [/irony]

Tell me, Einstein; If Petey is correct, why is he going to jail?
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

That gets my vote for the "Black Knight" posting of the year. (Cue Monty Python sketch.)

From the P.S. at the end:
Though it really goes without saying, I'll nonetheless take a moment to point this out, since after reading through the volume above, even the obvious might get lost in the shuffle: The reason for all this lying is that the enemies of CtC have nothing true that serves their purpose.

If they did have something true that served their anti-CtC purpose, they'd be putting it up on billboards across the nation, just as the DoJ, if it could come up with a single court case holding that all earnings are "income" (within the meaning of the income tax laws) or a single case holding that all earnings of every worker are "wages" (within the meaning of the income tax laws) would tattoo the case citations across its attorney's foreheads.
[Emphasis in original.]

I used to think that Hendrickson was just a charlatan scamming the rubes, but now I think he's gone over the edge and lost it. He really can't (or won't) believe that there are hundreds of court decisions that contradict what he believes, and he still doesn't see that his refusal to accept the reality of those decisions is why he's going to prison.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

Jail-bird 4 days hence wrote:they'd be putting it up on billboards across the nation
Convicted federal felons certainly do make some ridiculous arguments.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

The PontificatingPrisonBoundPeterMeister wrote:
Though it really goes without saying, I'll nonetheless take a moment to point this out, since after reading through the volume above, even the obvious might get lost in the shuffle: The reason for all this lying is that the enemies of CtC have nothing true that serves their purpose.

If they did have something true that served their anti-CtC purpose, they'd be putting it up on billboards across the nation, just as the DoJ, if it could come up with a single court case holding that all earnings are "income" (within the meaning of the income tax laws) or a single case holding that all earnings of every worker are "wages" (within the meaning of the income tax laws) would tattoo the case citations across its attorney's foreheads.
[Emphasis in original.]

Even if copies of the court cases were stapled to Hendrickson's forehead, he wouldn't accept them.

I'm not conversant with the Federal sentencing guidelines (and of course there's a thread on predictions about Hendrickson's sentence), but, in my opinion, this is a case that should cry out for something close to the maximum sentence to be imposed.

I do feel sorry for his family (except for Doreen).
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Now that is a temper tantrum if I've ever seen one. To channel CKB, "break 'em hard". This little tirade should add a several months to his sentencing. When the judge sees that PH is 100% unrepentant and STILL trying to run his scam, its not going to be pretty.

To refute that would be like trying to argue with the logic displayed in a 3 yr old's foot-stomping conniptions. I'll let Pete's criminal conviction and jail sentence do the talking.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

I don't see any filings from either Pete or the US regarding the proposed sentencing guideline range.

My guess? The range came in so high that 1) the gov is happy with it, and 2) Pete is forced to focus on motions for a new trial instead.

That said, I'm still surprised the gov isn't asking for an upward departure.
Demo.
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

I'd be very surprised if the judge neglected to take the posting into account...something about remorse for the victims? It does sound like Pete's lost it, but perhaps he's trying for commitment to a mental facility rather than prison.

Maybe that's why SFBFKADMVP posts here as prolifically as he does, in preparation for when his pathetic decisions come back to him. Mental institutions are no joke, but beat hell out of prison.

In my misspent youth I was a psychotherapist before I burned out. (You try working with abused kids...when the urge to smack the abuser is getting noticeable, it's time to get out.) Diagnosis by email is questionable, but I can't disagree with The Observer, whose analysis is very sharp.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

What I am seeing here is the beginning of Pete preparing to fall back on excuses to explain why he should not be in prison. This is a variation of "if they had only explained the law to me, I wouldn't be in this mess." I would not be surprised to see an appeal where Pete will basically claim that the government did not do enough to explain the tax laws to its citizens, that the code is too byzantine for the ordinary common man to understand, and that the IRS never really got around to giving Pete the answers to the questions that he has been asking.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

The Observer wrote:
What I am seeing here is the beginning of Pete preparing to fall back on excuses to explain why he should not be in prison. This is a variation of "if they had only explained the law to me, I wouldn't be in this mess." I would not be surprised to see an appeal where Pete will basically claim that the government did not do enough to explain the tax laws to its citizens, that the code is too byzantine for the ordinary common man to understand, and that the IRS never really got around to giving Pete the answers to the questions that he has been asking.
I disagree. I don't think that will ever be the case. Your scenario requires that Pete first accept that he's wrong. I think what he'll do is continue to state that since they have never shown him "the law" he is correct and shouldn't be imprisoned. Pete seems very much entrenched in his theories. I think his ego is far too exaggerated to ever conclude he was incorrect.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Imalawman wrote:
The Observer wrote:
I disagree. I don't think that will ever be the case. Your scenario requires that Pete first accept that he's wrong. I think what he'll do is continue to state that since they have never shown him "the law" he is correct and shouldn't be imprisoned. Pete seems very much entrenched in his theories. I think his ego is far too exaggerated to ever conclude he was incorrect.
Not only does the government have to show Petey the law making him liable to pay income taxes, it has to read the way that Petey wants it to read. It must contain words like "every citizen of the United States, whether or not he or she lives in a Federal zone or territory, is liable to pay tax on his or her income, which is defined as...."
Last edited by Pottapaug1938 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

This is Pete Rat-out-your-friends Hendrickson we're talking about here.

He's probably compiling a list of followers as we speak to try to trade in for a lesser sentence... Last time he met with his co-conspirators just prior to sentencing, he wore a wire in order to gather evidence for the DOJ to use against them. I can only imagine what he'll do with the data he picks up at his pre-sentence Barbeque...
Demo.
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Demosthenes wrote:This is Pete Rat-out-your-friends Hendrickson we're talking about here.

He's probably compiling a list of followers as we speak to try to trade in for a lesser sentence... Last time he met with his co-conspirators just prior to sentencing, he wore a wire in order to gather evidence for the DOJ to use against them. I can only imagine what he'll do with the data he picks up at his pre-sentence Barbeque...
Which Reminds me...

Harvester: I am more then willing to contribute to a bus ticket so you can attend said Barbeque.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

The Observer wrote:
I remember a story from the early 70's in which a man snuck into a railyard, apparently intending to play hobo. He fell in front of a moving car and ended up losing an arm. He then tried to sue the railroad for 1) not trying hard enough to keep him out and 2) not clearly explaining how dangerous it was.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

grixit wrote:
The Observer wrote:
I remember a story from the early 70's in which a man snuck into a railyard, apparently intending to play hobo. He fell in front of a moving car and ended up losing an arm. He then tried to sue the railroad for 1) not trying hard enough to keep him out and 2) not clearly explaining how dangerous it was.
And, of course, this recalls the many products liability lawsuits (thus prompting the seemingly idiotic warning labels on things) for situations where someone stands on the topmost step of a stepladder, falls, and then sues everyone within reach for not providing warnings that one can fall from said top step....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Not only does the government have to show Petey the law making him liable to pay income taxes, it has to read the way that Petey wants it to read. It must contain words like "every citizen of the United States, whether or not he or she lives in a Federal zone or territory, is liable to pay tax on his or her income, which is defined as...."
oh come on, everyone knows that only freed slaves, people born in American Samoa and The District of Columbia are "citizens of the United States" and I'm sure that whether it's spelled in all lower case, all upper case or some combination thereof makes what difference, although I'm sure it is a factor....

And as much as that's just some hyperbole, with these wingnuts it's actually true.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Demosthenes wrote:This is Pete Rat-out-your-friends Hendrickson we're talking about here.

If Hendrickson were to rat on one or more of his "CtC Warriors" in an attempt to get some benefit for himself or his family, I can almost bet that at least some of his other followers would still follow him. Some of these people are totally committed to the BlowhardMeister. We see this pattern every time Pete bans one of Hendrickson's Heroes from the losthorizons web site. One day, the poster is just one of the guys. But the next day he is banned, and there are certain posters who essentially say "yeah, Pete was right to ban him" etc. Some of these Wackos would follow Pete Hendrickson off a cliff -- even if they saw that Pete was actually pushing people off the cliff ahead of him. Such is the sickness.

I mean, seriously, if a person has worked himself up into the delusion of thinking, after all this, that Peter Hendrickson's Cracking the Code tax scam is somehow the "real" meaning of the Internal Revenue Code, there is virtually no limit to the amount of delusion from which that person could suffer.

Example: Just look at people like Harvester/Nationwide/johnthetaxist. This is a guy who claims to believe that Hendrickson will never be sentenced. This is a guy who apparently wants to believe, or at least implies that he believes, that the Internal Revenue Service will be abolished by the time the extension period for filing your 2009 federal income tax return ends (October 15, 2010). These people will believe anything -- anything except the truth.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Gregg wrote:
oh come on, everyone knows that only freed slaves, people born in American Samoa and The District of Columbia are "citizens of the United States" and I'm sure that whether it's spelled in all lower case, all upper case or some combination thereof makes what difference, although I'm sure it is a factor....

And as much as that's just some hyperbole, with these wingnuts it's actually true.
Oh -- I forgot to mention that you have to have been born in a month with an "R" in it to be liable for taxes....
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:
Gregg wrote:

Oh -- I forgot to mention that you have to have been born in a month with an "R" in it to be liable for taxes....
Thankfully I was born in Febuay.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

bmielke wrote:Thankfully I was born in Febuay.
I had the misfortune of being born in Mray.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

And of course, being born in July or August doesn't help, since in the time of the Roman Republic they were called Quintember and Sextober.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4