Countdown to judgment - for Peter Hendrickson

Nikki

Re: Countdown to judgment - for Peter Hendrickson

Post by Nikki »

Pete doesn't have enough ammunition regarding his followers to make any deals.

First, every single victory he has posted has sufficient information to identify the associated evader.

Second, all of his CtC sales records are now in a safe place.

Pete has no bargaining power.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

The Observer wrote:
bmielke wrote:Thankfully I was born in Febuay.
I had the misfortune of being born in Mray.
Well, luckily I have a central Massachusetts accent, and can say that I was born in "Novembah".
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Nikki wrote:Pete has no bargaining power.
You mean there are no Scott Scarborough-patsies to trade in?

Thank you.

I like it. For once in his life, Petey is on his own. No excuses. No bargaining chips. No way out.

It'll still be interesting to see if he doesn't try to throw someone under the bus.

Doreen? His son?
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

His brother!!!
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

I was going to say that Doreen would be his next patsie, but I think she already has slid herself halfway under the bus.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

Nikki wrote:every single victory he has posted has sufficient information to identify the associated evader.
This has always amazed me. For the last two or three years there have been numerous veiled and not-so-veiled statements in this forum to the effect that there is information on those checks sufficient to identify the recipient of a fraudulent CtC refund, amateur redactions notwithstanding.

We know Hendrickson and his CrackHeads read this forum as he and his marks have referred to it many times.

Yet he continues to this very month, despite his criminal conviction and numerous CtC failures in civil courts all the way to the Supreme Court to post new "victories."

Perhaps he's been an IRS/DoJ honeypot all along.

That possibility might give some pause to his potential marks. It's certainly within his modus operandi considering his willingness to wear a wire against his fellow bomb conspirators back in the '90s.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

And the day is here. Anyone heard how Doreens pre-fry BBQ is turning out?
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
notorial dissent

Hubris, and the conceit that he couldn't possibly be wrong, be wrong, be wrong!!!!!!!!

And yet he was.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Well, I see no indication that more than one person showed up for the BBQ, so much for the throngs and masses letting the judge know he's not ruling in a vacum (Doreen's line, not mine).

In the end though, does anyone get the impression any more than a dozen or less full time fools were left at LH anyhow?
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

From Professor Jonathan Siegel (The George Washington University Law School) on Wed., April 14, 2010:
As is well known to Faithful Readers of my regular blog, Law Prof on the Loose, when I refer to tax protestors, I don't mean the slightly offbeat Tea Partiers, who, as far as I can tell, are simply demanding that government lower or eliminate income taxes. No, I mean a much crazier group of people -- the "tax protestors" who claim that under current law there is no legal obligation to pay income tax.

Yes, such people really exist [ . . . . ]

Particularly incredible is how many people will support tax protestor gurus to the bitter end. The tax protestor du jour is a fellow named Peter Hendrickson, author of "Cracking the Code," who has his own website touting his absurd income tax theories, including a forum where his readers exchange thoughts. Now Hendrickson -- get this -- was recently found guilty of income tax crimes by a jury and is due to be sentenced on Monday. But if you browse the forum, you'll see that that hasn't stopped his readers from buying into his theories! Even now, some of them are proudly announcing that they've filed their first "CtC-educated" tax returns. The fact that CtC-educated returns don't seem to be working out too well for the guru himself is apparently not a deterrent.

Also good for a laugh is Hendrickson's post-trial brief, in which he explains why he can't be guilty of the crimes charged. Among other things, Hendrickson claims that he is not a "person" subject to the tax laws. The reason is that section 7343 of the tax code provides that:
"The term 'person' as used in this chapter includes an officer or employee of a corporation, or a member or employee of a partnership, who as such officer, employee, or member is under a duty to perform the act in respect of which the violation occurs."
Hendrickson deftly observes that the government failed to prove that he is an officer or employee of a corporation under any such duty!

Needless to say, Hendrickson doesn't understand the normal meaning of the English word "includes" -- and that's before we even get to section 7701(c) of the code, which (for the benefit of anyone who might be as language-impaired as Hendrickson) specifically provides that "[t]he terms 'includes' and 'including' when used in a definition contained in this title shall not be deemed to exclude other things otherwise within the meaning of the term defined."

[ . . . .] It looks like Hendrickson will be joining the growing ranks of tax protestor gurus who end up as guests of the state.
http://prawfsblawg.blogs.com/prawfsblaw ... d-yet.html
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
notorial dissent

The big question is how many of them actually live within driving distance of the court, not many I'm betting. Since most of them would have trouble coming up with bus fare, let alone air fare, so unless they happen to be with in busing distance of the court I can't imagine any of them actually showing. Principals are one thing, but bus fare is serious business when you are living hand to mouth.
Joe Dirt
Anonymous Administerial Adviser

Post by Joe Dirt »

Wouldn't you think that with all the support and contributions to the legal offense fund that he couldn't fund bus tickets for some of his supporters...
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably a wise investment.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

with all the support and contributions to the legal offense fund
I doubt it was enough to buy him a cross twon buss ticket, and that's giving him the benefit of the doubt that he hasn't raided it yet for something else...
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

When will we know the sentenceing is going forward today?

When will we know that Petey showed up?

When will we know the sentence?
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

bmielke wrote:When will we know the sentenceing is going forward today?

When will we know that Petey showed up?

When will we know the sentence?
The office of the United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Michigan in Detroit might post something on its web site this afternoon.

See:

http://www.justice.gov/usao/mie/press/index.html

The Tax Division of the Department of Justice posts news releases here:

http://www.justice.gov/tax/taxpress2010.htm

And here's another Justice Department page to check:

http://www.justice.gov/tax/usaopress/uspress2010.htm
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Why doesn't someone just call the District Clerk and find out? I'm a little too busy to do that myself today, but it seems like the fastest way to get the information...
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Imalawman wrote:Why doesn't someone just call the District Clerk and find out? I'm a little too busy to do that myself today, but it seems like the fastest way to get the information...
No, no, no. That's much too "prior millenium-ish." We gotta do this the modern way, using our vast network of Illuminati spies.

:)
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Famspear wrote:
Imalawman wrote:Why doesn't someone just call the District Clerk and find out? I'm a little too busy to do that myself today, but it seems like the fastest way to get the information...
No, no, no. That's much too "prior millenium-ish." We gotta do this the modern way, using our vast network of Illuminati spies.

In the meantime, we could make up our own reports on how the sentencing went down. It would be interesting to see how close to the truth we got.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

The Observer wrote:
Famspear wrote:

In the meantime, we could make up our own reports on how the sentencing went down. It would be interesting to see how close to the truth we got.
At 11:05 Eastern Time Peter Eric "Blowhardmeister" Hendricson was sentenced to a time to be determined later at Gitmo. He is expected to serve 12 1/2 to 25 or 3 days depending on how quickly he converts.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

The Observer wrote:In the meantime, we could make up our own reports on how the sentencing went down. It would be interesting to see how close to the truth we got.
If Hendrickson addresses the judge, I would say that there is a better than 90% chance that the phrase "rule of law" will appear at least three times in his remarks. When describing the court's rulings during his trial, there is a 40% chance of "outrageous." However, I think that he will have the sense to refrain from using the words "corrupt" or "criminal" when describing the court.

There is an equally good chance (90%+) that at least one word like "unrepentent," "recalcitrant," "recidivist," "arrogant," or "lawless" will appear in the judge's remarks, although the judge will be civil enough to refrain from following those adjectives with nouns like "moron" or "ass."
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.