Countdown to judgment - for Peter Hendrickson

Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Re: Countdown to judgment - for Peter Hendrickson

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Hendrickson had been found guilty of filing false tax returns and double parking. When sentencing him, the judge offered the following comfort: "The condemned will have nothing to endure but the apprehension of death, which apprehension will be more painful to you than the blow that robs you of life." Hendrickson wasn't convinced and had to be dragged to the scaffold in a fainting fit. The town square was packed with eager spectators, but after the executioner, "Lefty" Johnson, released the blade the crowd gave a groan of disapproval. It had all been too quick. They began chanting, "Give me back my wooden gallows."
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Re: Countdown to judgment - for Peter Hendrickson

Post by grixit »

Hendrickson had been found guilty of filing false tax returns and double parking. When sentencing him, the judge offered the following comfort: "The condemned will have nothing to endure but the apprehension of death, which apprehension will be more painful to you than the blow that robs you of life." Hendrickson wasn't convinced and had to be dragged to the scaffold in a fainting fit. The town square was packed with eager spectators, but after the executioner, "Lefty" Johnson, released the blade the crowd gave a groan of disapproval. It had all been too quick. They began chanting, "Give me back my wooden gallows."
The condemned's head was quickly shorn, and the hair turned over to an unidentified woman wearing a melon for a helmet. She cackled to herself as she deftly knitted the hair into a crew neck sweater.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4