Who should we watch next?

Petey is off to the slammer...

Oscar and Linsday will be in 1 day...

So who do we watch next?
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Re: Who is the next top TP Guru?

Post by Gregg »

Pablo is set up pretty good to get the crackheads....
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Dave Champion has this little red dot on his forehead.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Actually, Pablo might not last very long. I've said before, the crackheads have sent indignant letters long past some deadlines that can't e gotten around, so I'm thinking it won't be long until large groups of them find bad things happening to themselves. Loosing houses, getting the "non federally connected pay" levied, accounts seized. The kind of problems Ronni Deutch can't help them with, and since they've been so smart defending their rights up till this point, they don't even have any mechanism to fight it except holing up Brown: family stupid style.

So, Pablo may have a run, but it wouldn't surprise me if his core supporters started having really bad times coming. The ironic thing is have serious doubts that Pablo even believes this stuff, I think he's just a pimp and files normal tax returns like the rest of not retarded society.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

The next Hendrickson or Schiff who comes up with a blockbuster book will have less time to push his/her theory or method before the enforcement starts. Lynn Meredith had over 10 years to run with her books and seminars. Schiff tried it for many years before he was put away for good. Hendrickson had a few years to build a following through the book and website.

I think the computers with a.i. and relevant software are going to be getting strong enough to identify patterns so the whole spectrum of tax protest activity will be easier and easier to identify as to the source. The problem will continue to be enforcement and for society to regard this as a priority. The cash economy is still a huge area of non-compliance, unless the cash were to be recalled with a tracable or encodable strip inserted so it can be read like a check. Even then, will a mega-computer be able to collate all the data?
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
Noah
Exalted Parter of the Great Sea of Insanity

Post by Noah »

Nikki wrote:Dave Champion has this little red dot on his forehead.
Oh No !!! Are they going to shoot Humpty Dumpty??????
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Number Six wrote:I think the computers with a.i. and relevant software are going to be getting strong enough to identify patterns so the whole spectrum of tax protest activity will be easier and easier to identify as to the source.
I think that you're missing the more obvious factor.

These tax evasion scams are spreading faster because of the Internet. And they're easier to identify because of... the Internet.

To spot patterns of tax evasion, you don't need AI software, just a browser and a good search engine. Hendrickson and Schiff (and Schulz and Champion) screamed about what they were doing at the top of their lungs. All the IRS needs to do is learn how to listen.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
LPC

Post by LPC »

Nikki wrote:Dave Champion has this little red dot on his forehead.
Champion gave up the records he was required to produce in September of 2008, that's a year and a half ago. And the investigation was supposed to be into whether he had been promoting a tax shelter for which he should be enjoined.

Statutes of limitations have been running, and it's difficult to see what criminal (or civil) penalties could be imposed at this point.

I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but it doesn't look promising.
Dan Evans
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Hey, Number Six--
The software doesn't have to be that smart; just watch for increasing income and decreasing taxes. The simple truth is that before you have taxes, you have income. But if you file for an entity that either doesn't match the gross incomes reported to IRS, or shows increasing grosses over time and less and less tax, then you'll get audited.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

I know little of the IRS but I know a few things about computers. AI is coming along but regrettably the IRS computer systems are not very close to the state of the art so we may have to depend on Mediocre Organic Intelligence (MOI) for some time still. Even so, I'm glad the IRS is not competing with Google for talent (thankfully the TP crowd generally aren't either).

If I wanted to be the next big thing in De-Tax Guru Fantasyland, I would want to invent something a bit newer and more different, not an easily-identifiable riff on the crime of someone currently (or soon-to-be) incarcerated.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Peymon Mottatadeh would be on my short list of TP Gurus who needs to appear before a federal judge.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Still_Smilin

Post by Still_Smilin »

Does anyone envision Larken Rose gaining momentum? TP crowds don't seem to be put off at all by someone serving time and Larken is definitely still out there promoting his stuff - albeit a little bit more cautiously. Personally, I never understood why people were drawn to Larken because he is so condenscending toward everyone.

However, if I had to venture a guess, I would say that Peymon will be the next one. Has anyone actually checked out his Freedom Law School webpage? He offers a "Royal Freedom Package" for only $6,000 to start and then $2,500 per year. I especially appreciate the tag line that comes with the package, "For those who wish to live free NOW And to be treated like royalty!" It would be nice if the IRS would crack down on him although he must offer some legitimate services as well as his TP garbage...
LPC

Post by LPC »

Still_Smilin wrote:It would be nice if the IRS would crack down on [Peymon Mottatadeh] although he must offer some legitimate services as well as his TP garbage...
"Must"? Why "must"?

He's a non-lawyer selling legal advice and legal training. What part of that is going to be "legitimate."

Although I suppose it's possible that some of what he sells is merely incompetent and not actually fraudulent.
Dan Evans
LPC

Post by LPC »

Everything you need to know about Peymon "How You Can Say GOODBYE to the IRS" Mottahedeh:

1. In 2008, the IRS took a judgment against him for income taxes he owes for the years 1992-1994, years for which he filed no income tax returns. United States v. Peymon Mottahedeh, No. CV 08–2740 PA (CWx) (U.S.D.C. C.D.Cal. 9/15/2008).

2. His "Freedom Law School" accepts only cash (i.e., currency). No checks, no credit cards.
Dan Evans
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

The Observer wrote:Peymon Mottatadeh would be on my short list of TP Gurus who needs to appear before a federal judge.
Yup. I've been looking for that for years.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Still_Smilin

Post by Still_Smilin »

LPC wrote: "Must"? Why "must"?

He's a non-lawyer selling legal advice and legal training. What part of that is going to be "legitimate."

Although I suppose it's possible that some of what he sells is merely incompetent and not actually fraudulent.

I guess "must" is probably too strong of a statement. I have dealt with his "office" once and I was surprised to find I didn't hear any TP arguments from them. I guess that made me assume that they might have some legitimate business as well...

LPC, have you ever thought about making a section on your page for specific TP's (like hendrickson) so if someone were following their arguments, they could easily see how they are debunked? I do realize you have already debunked all their arguments on your page, but some people don't see it unless it's staring them in the face. That said, I really really appreciate the time and effort you have put into your FAQ, I have used it a lot!
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Still_Smilin wrote:
LPC wrote: "Must"? Why "must"?

I guess "must" is probably too strong of a statement. I have dealt with his "office" once and I was surprised to find I didn't hear any TP arguments from them. I guess that made me assume that they might have some legitimate business as well...

LPC, have you ever thought about making a section on your page for specific TP's (like hendrickson) so if someone were following their arguments, they could easily see how they are debunked? I do realize you have already debunked all their arguments on your page, but some people don't see it unless it's staring them in the face. That said, I really really appreciate the time and effort you have put into your FAQ, I have used it a lot!
You mean like this page - http://tpgurus.wikidot.com/
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

I guess "must" is probably too strong of a statement. I have dealt with his "office" once and I was surprised to find I didn't hear any TP arguments from them.
There's probably a reason why he's the last guru left standing. He's way smarter than the others, and he's likely very much aware that the IRS uses undercover agents to gather their evidence for criminal conviction.
Demo.
Still_Smilin

Post by Still_Smilin »

Dezcad wrote:
You mean like this page - http://tpgurus.wikidot.com/
Wow, that's perfect! I'm not sure why I didn't know about that...I guess I haven't been lurking well enough ;)
Demosthenes wrote: There's probably a reason why he's the last guru left standing. He's way smarter than the others, and he's likely very much aware that the IRS uses undercover agents to gather their evidence for criminal conviction.
I wonder if he's smarter or just has less of an ego? I think some of these guys get caught simply because they can't contain themselves. They have to show everyone how great they are.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Still_Smilin wrote:Does anyone envision Larken Rose gaining momentum? TP crowds don't seem to be put off at all by someone serving time and Larken is definitely still out there promoting his stuff - albeit a little bit more cautiously. Personally, I never understood why people were drawn to Larken because he is so condenscending toward everyone.

However, if I had to venture a guess, I would say that Peymon will be the next one. Has anyone actually checked out his Freedom Law School webpage? He offers a "Royal Freedom Package" for only $6,000 to start and then $2,500 per year. I especially appreciate the tag line that comes with the package, "For those who wish to live free NOW And to be treated like royalty!" It would be nice if the IRS would crack down on him although he must offer some legitimate services as well as his TP garbage...
How many people, I wonder, will pay more to this slimeball than they will ever pay in taxes?
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools