Springer loses - again

Post by Dezcad »

No. 09-8701
Title:
In Re Lindsey Kent Springer, Petitioner
v.
Docketed: January 25, 2010

~~~Date~~~ ~~~~~~~Proceedings and Orders~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jan 21 2010 Petition for a writ of mandamus and motion for leave to proceed in forma pauperis filed. (Response due February 24, 2010)
Feb 12 2010 Waiver of right of respondent to respond filed.
Feb 18 2010 DISTRIBUTED for Conference of March 5, 2010.
Feb 24 2010 Response to petition from respondent Oscar Stilley filed. (Distributed)
Feb 27 2010 Supplemental brief of petitioner filed. (Distributed)
Mar 8 2010 The motion of petitioner for leave to proceed in forma pauperis is denied. Petitioner is allowed until March 29, 2010, within which to pay the docketing fee required by Rule 38(a) and to submit a petition in compliance with Rule 33.1 of the Rules of this Court.
Mar 29 2010 Petitioner complied with order of March 8, 2010.
Apr 8 2010 DISTRIBUTED for Conference of April 23, 2010.
Apr 14 2010 Application (09A976) for a stay, submitted to Justice Sotomayor.
Apr 19 2010 Application (09A976) denied by Justice Sotomayor.
Apr 26 2010 Petition DENIED.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Re: Springer loses - again

Post by Demosthenes »

From Springer's wife:
Lindsey wanted me to pass along an update regarding his immediate incarceration after he was sentenced to 15 years in Federal prison(apparently, this is more time given to any one person than any other tax case in United States history). He first wants you to know that he's doing okay under the circumstances and he's being treated well; however, he is unable to have either pen or paper to defend himself. We are working through those issues but can certainly use your help. We are going to need an attorney because of the confinement and restraint imposed upon Lindsey currently.

If you would be so kind as to consider sending any support that you could afford at this time for Lindsey's defense. He and I would greatly appreciate it. There are several issues Lindsey wants to raise on appeal. The only reason he is incarcerated is because Judge Friot claimed that he is a flight risk. Lindsey is working on his stay request to get out pending appeal. Anything sent will go towards accomplishing that goal.
Please also keep Lindsey in your prayers and help us get him returned to us.
Thank you, Lindsey's wife and family AND thank you from Lindsey
I have been speaking with Lindsey multiple times a day (at $3.10 each 20 minute phone call). Through the phone calls I will help him get documents written through dictation and then filed. He is optimistic for the US Supreme Court to rule in his favor on his writ of mandamus against Judge Friot, which was supposed to be in conference with all justices Friday April 23. Imagine complaining to the Supreme Court about your judge and yet your judge is somehow going to remain unbiased and fair towards you. If the Supreme Court rules in his favor, he could be released within the week. I, as his wife, am staying strong for him and helping him as I can. I believe just hearing my voice has kept him going (per his own statement). If you can believe it, he is in the maximum security part of the prison. I got to visit him today and he was behind very thick glass. He is staying as strong as he can under these very new circumstances.
I thought I would give a little more information while I had a moment.
Paypal can be sent to Lindsey's account at: gnutella@mindspring.com and our mailing address is:
5147 S Harvard Ave #116
Tulsa, OKLAHOMA, 74135
Again, to anyone able to help, THANK YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH.
Jeanie Springer
Demo.
blind

Post by blind »

I was wondering if she was going to carry the TP torch for Lindsey while he's in lockup. I'm willing to bet that once the donation money starts drying up that she'll be on to greener pastures in no time.

Oh well, since tomorrow is her birthday I guess this was an early birthday present for her! :P
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

blind wrote:I was wondering if she was going to carry the TP torch for Lindsey while he's in lockup. I'm willing to bet that once the donation money starts drying up that she'll be on to greener pastures in no time.
I'm sorry, but I find your comment to be unnecessarily judgmental.

Those who choose to love tax deniers may be foolish or even stupid, but I don't think we should assume that they are mercenary, opportunistic, or self-serving.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Lemme get this straight--he's sentenced to 15 years, he's now serving the sentence, according to her he's in max security--and she thinks he'll be out next week, if only people send lots of money to help... :roll:
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

blind wrote:I was wondering if she was going to carry the TP torch for Lindsey while he's in lockup. I'm willing to bet that once the donation money starts drying up that she'll be on to greener pastures in no time.

Oh well, since tomorrow is her birthday I guess this was an early birthday present for her! :P
Actually, 'blind' the prospects for those left behind in these kinds of situations are most often not "greener pastures."

Most likely there will be no "donation money" drying up; chances are anything coming will be from people in only slightly less desperate situations.

In a matter of weeks the cold, hard light of abandonment will set in unless family members take pity on her situation.

That, however, is unlikely.

You may not understand the family dynamics - or maybe you do since you seem to know something about her.

I have seen what happens when sycophants of people like him leave their families out to dry. Some years ago my wife and I cared for the children of family crisis situations - it was an incredibly valuable series of lessons for our own children.

Often the perpetrator/instigator in the Springer kind of fiasco has damaged his family connections to the degree that everyone involved has sympathy for the kids - BUT.

In some cases that's about as far as it goes. The dynamics of blame and recrimination are vicious in families. Sometimes a really, really, really strong principal will step in and take charge and shame the rest of them into allowing what's best for the children to happen. That person might even have sheltered the victims for a while, and they could endure a barrage of ill will from a few other embittered family members. Not surprisingly, the most bitter are those who have lost the most financially.

These so-called "patriot" cause promoter idiots deserve nothing in the way of sympathy or donations for their causes, especially when they set themselves up for disaster knowing full well their spouse or others are going to be paying the price for it.

If there were a way to actually direct assistance to non-participant players who were stepping in to care for the abandoned children, I'd say go for it.

[rant=off]
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Mar 8 2010 The motion of petitioner for leave to proceed in forma pauperis is denied. Petitioner is allowed until March 29, 2010, within which to pay the docketing fee required by Rule 38(a) and to submit a petition in compliance with Rule 33.1 of the Rules of this Court.
You know, it really hasn't been a very good April for Lindsey.

The Supreme Court ordered him to pay the full filing fee, *then* denied his petition.

In checking the status of his various appeals, I found that the 10th Circuit had denied his petition for a stay of the sale of his home on April 14, allowing his home to be sold for taxes owed. And the 10th Circuit initially refused to consider his petition because he hadn't complied with the filing restrictions previously imposed (requiring that he either be represented by a lawyer or first ask permission to file), so Springer got Jerold Barringer (who still technically qualifies as a lawyer) to enter an appearance and *then* the 10th Circuit denied the petition on the merits.

I'd feel sorry for him, except that all his legal wounds are so obviously self-inflicted.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

LPC wrote:
You know, it really hasn't been a very good April for Lindsey.

The Supreme Court ordered him to pay the full filing fee, *then* denied his petition.

In checking the status of his various appeals, I found that the 10th Circuit had denied his petition for a stay of the sale of his home on April 14, allowing his home to be sold for taxes owed. And the 10th Circuit initially refused to consider his petition because he hadn't complied with the filing restrictions previously imposed (requiring that he either be represented by a lawyer or first ask permission to file), so Springer got Jerold Barringer (who still technically qualifies as a lawyer) to enter an appearance and *then* the 10th Circuit denied the petition on the merits.

I'd feel sorry for him, except that all his legal wounds are so obviously self-inflicted.
Don't forget that he also filed a separate Application for Stay with the SCOTUS which was denied.
No. 09A971
Title:
Lindsey K. Springer, Applicants
v.
United States
Docketed:
Lower Ct: United States District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma
Case Nos.: (4:08-cv-00278)

~~~Date~~~ ~~~~~~~Proceedings and Orders~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Apr 14 2010 Application (09A971) for a stay pending appeal, submitted to Justice Sotomayor.
Apr 16 2010 Application (09A971) denied by Justice Sotomayor.
vanquishyou

Post by vanquishyou »

This must be a post from her obsessed X.
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

Translation: Blah, blah, blah, send money.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -