Hendrickson's Heroes struggle with Lucas v. Earl

Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Re: Hendrickson's Heroes struggle with Lucas v. Earl

Post by Famspear »

Weston White wrote:In fact, I am willing to wage, that somebody, most likely an IRS doofus or other such operative was originally responsible for initiating the spread of this dis-info-quote throughout the Net’
I wrote:
No, that was done by tax protesters who (like SkankBeat at losthorizons) don't understand that the language printed above the court's opinion is not part of the court's opinion.
Just as a bit of background, Irwin Schiff was one of the more prominent tax protesters who misinterpreted the text printed above the Court's opinion in Lucas v. Earl as being part of the opinion itself. Old Uncle Irwin wasn't specifically too bright. A three-time loser in federal criminal tax cases, he is also the one who stupidly claimed -- in papers filed with the court in one of his many lost causes -- that Subtitle A of the Internal Revenue Code (the subtitle dealing with income tax) did not include any mention of the "Internal Revenue Service". Of course, Subtitle A does include several specific mentions of the "Internal Revenue Service". Examples include section 42(m)(1)(B)(iii), section 51(g), section 170(f)(11)(E)(iii)(II), and section 501(p)(7).

We don't hear much from Uncle Irwin anymore.

(sigh.......)

http://www.bop.gov/iloc2/InmateFinderSe ... &x=75&y=16
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Famspear wrote:
We don't hear much from Uncle Irwin anymore.

(sigh.......)
Cheer up. Every so often, someone stumbles across Uncle Irwin's effluent and decides that he (she) has found The Secret to avoid having to pay income taxes....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

From a new thread on Lost Horizons. After complaining about an unsatisfactory exchange of emails with Prof. Jonathan Siegel, oldhawaiiscot poses an interesting challenge:
oldhawaiiscot wrote:So, my attempt to think of how to correct this, is we need someone to find the SCOTUS decision that definitely states that private party money received for their labor is not taxable, that doing so is an invasion of their rights of property, liberty, and whatever else. I thought I read it on this forum, back before the forum was cleaned... Then if it can be prepared with other incontrovertible evidence of the fallacies that the IRS, (and the DOJ, lately) have been conducting.. Approach the dean of the GWU school with that evidence and offer it for instruction to counter siegels instruction... What do you think?
Yeah, good luck with that.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

LPC wrote:From a new thread on Lost Horizons. After complaining about an unsatisfactory exchange of emails with Prof. Jonathan Siegel, oldhawaiiscot poses an interesting challenge:
oldhawaiiscot wrote:So, my attempt to think of how to correct this, is we need someone to find the SCOTUS decision that definitely states that private party money received for their labor is not taxable, that doing so is an invasion of their rights of property, liberty, and whatever else. I thought I read it on this forum, back before the forum was cleaned... Then if it can be prepared with other incontrovertible evidence of the fallacies that the IRS, (and the DOJ, lately) have been conducting.. Approach the dean of the GWU school with that evidence and offer it for instruction to counter siegels instruction... What do you think?
Yeah, good luck with that.
I've heard of that case, it's US v. Keepadreaming found at US You just need the special restricted Supreme Court Reporter.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I am personally am just waiting for Skankbeat to barge into a courtroom and citizen arrest a federal judge.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

I'd pay to see that myself, if the court cameras caught it...from the initial shriek of "Citizen's Arrest" or whatever the magic words are supposed to be that would instantly cow the judge and bailiffs, to the final carrying out in the straitjacket by said bailiffs. Good theater is hard to find, which is why I'm here.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Gregg wrote:I am personally am just waiting for Skankbeat to barge into a courtroom and citizen arrest a federal judge.
Send him 'round here. 8)
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Gregg wrote:I am personally am just waiting for Skankbeat to barge into a courtroom and citizen arrest a federal judge.
Send him 'round here. 8)
Sounds like you might be testing the boundaries of "cruel and unusual punishment." :wink:
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

The Observer wrote:
Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Send him 'round here. 8)
Sounds like you might be testing the boundaries of "cruel and unusual punishment." :wink:
I am sure it would be nothing that Skankbeat didn't deserve.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

The Observer wrote:
Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Send him 'round here. 8)
The Judge is not intending to administer any form of punishment until the conclusion of a legally constituted and conducted trial.

He is merely referring to the possibility that it might be necessary to take extreme measures merely to gain the undivided attention of the LoserHead.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

bmielke wrote:
I am sure it would be nothing that Skankbeat didn't deserve.
And not only suitable for "America's Funniest Home Videos" but also a very good Taser commercial
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.