A new SFBFKADMVP victim

Nikki

A new SFBFKADMVP victim

Post by Nikki »

It looks like there's actually a SooeyHead dumb enough to fall for David Merrill's insane theory regarding 'lawful money' and the income tax. I sincerely hope that he follows up his announcement with details of how well it worked.
f-man wrote:Re: Redeemed for lawful money pursuant to 12 USC 411

Back on topic, again...

The IRS just accepted my income tax check for my 2009 return. I declared wages for 9 months out of the year and send them copies of redeemed pay checks for the other 3 months. I only regret not adding a stipulation to the check that cashing it acknowledged the return was correct w/o recourse to bring this all to permanent closure.

Take my psedonymous internet testimony for what it's worth.

I have to say, to everyone on this forum and who participated in this and numerous other threads,

THANK YOU! I'm especially grateful for our sage pioneer, David Merrill who helped bring the remedy to light for us and the rest of the internets!
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Re: A new SFBFKADMVP victim

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Nikki wrote:It looks like there's actually a SooeyHead dumb enough to fall for David Merrill's insane theory regarding 'lawful money' and the income tax.
Weeds grow wherever there is fertile soil....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

I already know how this is going to end. The guy is going to get hit hard with interest and penalities, and then David is going to say if you only did...
f-man wrote: I only regret not adding a stipulation to the check that cashing it acknowledged the return was correct w/o recourse to bring this all to permanent closure.
Whatever this gibberish means, then you wouldn't be in this position.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Post by Mr. Mephistopheles »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:
Nikki wrote:It looks like there's actually a SooeyHead dumb enough to fall for David Merrill's insane theory regarding 'lawful money' and the income tax.
Weeds grow wherever there is fertile soil....
And if you don't already know what makes soil especially fertile just ask this guy:

Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

bmielke wrote:I already know how this is going to end. The guy is going to get hit hard with interest and penalities, and then David is going to say if you only did...
f-man wrote: I only regret not adding a stipulation to the check that cashing it acknowledged the return was correct w/o recourse to bring this all to permanent closure.
Whatever this gibberish means, then you wouldn't be in this position.
What this buffoon is trying to say is that, by cashing the check, the IRS is admitting that this tax return is correct, and that it has no legal recourse against the maker of the check should that not prove true. Of course, that will have the same ability to stop the IRS from going after him as a sheet of aluminum foil would have, stretched across an Interstate highway, trying to stop a trucker who is running late and has a deadline to meet.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:What this buffoon is trying to say is that, by cashing the check, the IRS is admitting that this tax return is correct, and that it has no legal recourse against the maker of the check should that not prove true. Of course, that will have the same ability to stop the IRS from going after him as a sheet of aluminum foil would have, stretched across an Interstate highway, trying to stop a trucker who is running late and has a deadline to meet.
I figured that's what he was going for, I also knew it would have no effect, other then the IRS not cashing the check if they caught it.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I once had someone tell me that if you give a creditor a check for any amount, and write on it "Payment in Full", and they deposit it, then you no longer owe the rest of the debt.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

grixit wrote:I once had someone tell me that if you give a creditor a check for any amount, and write on it "Payment in Full", and they deposit it, then you no longer owe the rest of the debt.
Unfortunately, under the Internal Revenue Code, the Internal Revenue Service is not bound by such tactics with respect to federal tax payments. Under the case law, for compromising a federal internal revenue tax, I believe you have to follow 26 USC 7122.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

And in Texas, it does not, as a general rule, work for Texas taxes either:
§ 31.073. RESTRICTED OR CONDITIONAL PAYMENTS PROHIBITED. A restriction or condition placed on a check in payment of taxes, penalties, or interest by the maker that limits the amount of taxes, penalties, or interest owed to an amount less than that stated in the tax bill or shown by the tax collector's records is void unless the restriction or condition is authorized by this code.
--Tex. Tax Code sec. 31.073
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

grixit wrote:I once had someone tell me that if you give a creditor a check for any amount, and write on it "Payment in Full", and they deposit it, then you no longer owe the rest of the debt.
I have heard that as well, but I don't think it applies any longer. It is called an accord in satisfaction (I think) and there must be an accord before you do that. Plus many creditors will not cash the check if your write that on it.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Not for a long time.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Very specifically, the "payment in full" gimmick, which is or was at one time set out in the Uniform Commercial Code, is inapplicable to payments to the IRS, which are governed entirely by federal law, and there is at least once court decision to that effect.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

fortinbras wrote:Very specifically, the "payment in full" gimmick, which is or was at one time set out in the Uniform Commercial Code, is inapplicable to payments to the IRS, which are governed entirely by federal law, and there is at least once court decision to that effect.
And here are citations to a couple of the court cases.

Bowling v. United States, 510 F.2d 112 (5th Cir. 1975).

Laurins v. Commissioner, 889 F.2d 910 (9th Cir. 1989).
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Famspear wrote:
fortinbras wrote:Very specifically, the "payment in full" gimmick, which is or was at one time set out in the Uniform Commercial Code, is inapplicable to payments to the IRS, which are governed entirely by federal law, and there is at least once court decision to that effect.
And here are citations to a couple of the court cases.

Bowling v. United States, 510 F.2d 112 (5th Cir. 1975).

Laurins v. Commissioner, 889 F.2d 910 (9th Cir. 1989).
You guys are such a buzz-kill.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

LPC wrote:You guys are such a buzz-kill.
This might be the first time that you and the Crackheads agree on something.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

The Internal Revenue Manual tells the IRS personnel that they have to send the check for payment, and if it bounces the first time, it's not IRS but the Federal Reserve Bank that will resubmit the check one more time (and the bad check penalty can be assessed twice on the same check). The check processing personnel aren't nearly so worried about such idiocy as the statement as whether they correctly credit accounts with pending payments and meet their own productivity goals. The fact IRS cashed his check is without legal meaning, regardless of what crap he puts on it.

I've seen the IRS reject a check exactly twice; some clown used a wooden hollow-core door as the check body to make a giant check out, and the Revenue Officer tried to cash it but the bank rejected it because they had no desire to store it in their records archive, and I recall the Revenue Officer actually (having a sense of humor) gave the clown a chance to give him a real check, because otherwise he'd have been procedurally correct to charge the bad check penalty.

The other was a substantial check that was rejected in an IRS embassy office because the TP made it out to a taxing authority in yet a third country, neither the USA or the tax authority of the host country, and the agent in charge very politely requested they give IRS a check made out to Internal Revenue Service, please?

And, yup, in both cases IRS secured full payment.

This guy has done gone and moved into the fantasyland castle in the air. Soon he'll be shocked to find himself paying rent on it.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Mr. Mephistopheles wrote: And if you don't already know what makes soil especially fertile just ask this guy:

Mmmm....steak on the hoof!
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros