Snopes Article on "Voluntary Tax"

bmielke

Snopes Article on "Voluntary Tax"

Post by bmielke »

Taxes are voluntatry?

According to Snopes.com no.

Read the article HERE

I can't seem to higlight it to copy and past any of it in to this post.
Brandybuck

Re: Snopes Article on "Voluntary Tax"

Post by Brandybuck »

According to a Troofer aquaintance of mine, you can't trust anything Snopes says, because they supported the "official" story of 9/11. That's not all, a Birfer friend told me, "who the f**k gave Snopes the right to judge the facts!".

Are people starting to catch on that we're secretly funding Snopes?
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

:lol:
Brandybuck wrote:According to a Troofer aquaintance of mine, you can't trust anything Snopes says, because they supported the "official" story of 9/11. That's not all, a Birfer friend told me, "who the f**k gave Snopes the right to judge the facts!".

Are people starting to catch on that we're secretly funding Snopes?
If you had any idea how many shell companies, dummy corporations, and trusts you have to go through you would know that they don't have a clue. There is in fact more danger of them finding Barak Obama's real birth certificate then them ever stumbling through that maze.

Rumor has it that Orly Taitz was going to take on Snopes until she got into trying to prove anything, she went the easy route, (on to another dead end we laid in front of her.)

:twisted:

:wink:

:lol:
Unidyne
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Unidyne »

I have a friend of a relative who is a borderline "birther", and he doesn't trust Snopes because "Anyone could put anything on the internet and say it's the truth".

Meanwhile, he passes on just about anything that is e-mailed to him about Obama's supposed Kenyan citizenship or various 9/11 conspiracies.
Irony: The Ayn Rand® Institute (ARI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Post by rogfulton »

A while back (months, maybe a year) my mother forwarded me an email from a church friend of hers that went into great detail why Snopes was not trustworthy. It was really interesting to see how many ways someone could say "they's libruls" and "they's doin' from their kitchen table!" I wish I had kept it so I could share it here.

I responded to my mother by sending a link to an article I knew of at the time where the site owners intimated they were liberal politically and that they do all their research at their kitchen table. I also wish I had kept that link.

She stopped forwarding emails with everyone's email listed because my brothers and I would reply-all and debunk each one. Now only one email is listed To:
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

rogfulton wrote:A while back (months, maybe a year) my mother forwarded me an email from a church friend of hers that went into great detail why Snopes was not trustworthy. It was really interesting to see how many ways someone could say "they's libruls" and "they's doin' from their kitchen table!" I wish I had kept it so I could share it here.

I responded to my mother by sending a link to an article I knew of at the time where the site owners intimated they were liberal politically and that they do all their research at their kitchen table. I also wish I had kept that link.

She stopped forwarding emails with everyone's email listed because my brothers and I would reply-all and debunk each one. Now only one email is listed To:
My family has stopped doing that too. ha! Must be a Quatloos thing.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

My poor 82 year old father in law spends a good part of every morning trying to debunk the crap that his generation emails out to everyone on their lists. It's amazing how many retired golfers and bridge players are totally into the whole birfer nonsense in Palm Springs, CA.
Demo.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Demosthenes wrote:It's amazing how many retired golfers and bridge players are totally into the whole birfer nonsense in Palm Springs, CA.
Wow - one can retire from playing golf and bridge? Do they have a good pension system?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

The Observer wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:It's amazing how many retired golfers and bridge players are totally into the whole birfer nonsense in Palm Springs, CA.
Wow - one can retire from playing golf and bridge? ...
From bridge, yes. From golf, no. :brickwall:

Reminds me of the old joke about the three guys sitting in the clubhouse bar after a round, looking glum and not saying much. Finally the bartender decides to ask them what was wrong.

"Rough day, eh boys?"

One of the men looked up and nodded.

"It was really bad out there," another one said.

"Worst day of golf I ever had," said one.

The bartender seemed confused; the weather was mild, the wind was low and everyone else in the club seemed to be having a pretty good time.

The bartender finally asked. "Why so glum?"

The one man that hadn't spoken turned to the bartender and said, "One of the guys in our foursome, Harry, had a heart attack."

"Right on the sixth tee," another said.

The bartender looked startled. "Wow, I'm really sorry about that. That's terrible."

"Yep. All damn afternoon it was hit the ball, drag Harry, hit the ball and drag Harry."
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
jkeeb
Pirate Judge of Which Things Work

Post by jkeeb »

Be careful, don't get me started.
Remember that CtC is about the rule of law.

John J. Bulten
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

“A tax, in its essential characteristics, ... is not a debt nor in the nature of a debt. A tax is an impost levied by authority of the govt upon its citizens or subjects for the support of the State. It is not founded on contract or agreement. It operates in invitum {= against an unwilling party}. A debt is a sum of money due by certain and express agreement; it originates and is founded upon contracts express or implied.” Lane County v. Oregon (1869) 74 US (7 Wall.) 71 at 80, 19 L.Ed. 101 at 106 (citation omitted, emphasis added). Similarly, Meriwether v. Garrett (1880) 102 US (12 Otto) 472 at 513, 26 L.Ed. 197; and N.J. v. Anderson (1906) 203 US 483 at 492, 51 L.Ed. 284, 27 S.Ct 137.
Last edited by fortinbras on Thu May 20, 2010 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imalawman
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

fortinbras wrote:“A tax, in its essential characteristics, ... is not a debt nor in the nature of a debt. A tax is an impost leveled by authority of the govt upon its citizens or subjects for the support of the State. It is not founded on contract or agreement. It operates in invitum {= against an unwilling party}. A debt is a sum of money due by certain and express agreement; it originates and is founded upon contracts express or implied.” Lane County v. Oregon (1869) 74 US (7 Wall.) 71 at 80, 19 L.Ed. 101 at 106 (citation omitted, emphasis added). Similarly, Meriwether v. Garrett (1880) 102 US (12 Otto) 472 at 513, 26 L.Ed. 197; and N.J. v. Anderson (1906) 203 US 483 at 492, 51 L.Ed. 284, 27 S.Ct 137.
That's a good quote. I've never seen it before.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Imalawman wrote:
fortinbras wrote:“A tax, in its essential characteristics, ... is not a debt nor in the nature of a debt. A tax is an impost leveled by authority of the govt upon its citizens or subjects for the support of the State. It is not founded on contract or agreement. It operates in invitum {= against an unwilling party}. A debt is a sum of money due by certain and express agreement; it originates and is founded upon contracts express or implied.” Lane County v. Oregon (1869) 74 US (7 Wall.) 71 at 80, 19 L.Ed. 101 at 106 (citation omitted, emphasis added). Similarly, Meriwether v. Garrett (1880) 102 US (12 Otto) 472 at 513, 26 L.Ed. 197; and N.J. v. Anderson (1906) 203 US 483 at 492, 51 L.Ed. 284, 27 S.Ct 137.
That's a good quote. I've never seen it before.
Post it at LH and a fw heads might explode
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Doubtful. More likely that we will see quite a few posts denouncing the citation as just more evidence of how corrupt the courts are, a couple posts claiming that this is just meaningless dicta, other posts from "legal beagles" claiming that the citation means the exact opposite of what a reasonable person understands it to be saying, and then of course the mandatory banning of any LHer who had the audacity to merely indicate that this citation might actually mean what it says.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Correction to quote: My typo says taxes are "leveled", should say "levied".
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

The Observer wrote:Doubtful. More likely that we will see quite a few posts denouncing the citation as just more evidence of how corrupt the courts are....
Given that the cases cited are from 1869, 1880 and 1906, all well before the enactment of the 16th Amendment, it will be interesting indeed to see these cases explained away in this fashion.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

We might also see the citation... um, "condensed", as follows:

[quote="fortinbras"]“A tax, in its essential characteristics, ... originates and is founded upon contracts express or implied.”
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Have you been ghost-writing for Pete?
Imalawman

Post by Imalawman »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:We might also see the citation... um, "condensed", as follows:
fortinbras wrote:“A tax, in its essential characteristics, ... originates and is founded upon contracts express or implied.”
Moreover, the case correctly points out that the IRS cannot levy or file a lien based upon taxes which have not been paid. An unpaid tax is not a debt. It cannot be collected as if it were. Certainly, if a tax arose by agreement or contract, one would assume that normal collection activities would be implemented to collect the tax. However, while the government may impose a tax and may ask for the tax to paid, they cannot establish liability for the tax. Since they cannot establish a contractual liability, they cannot also then collect the tax in the same manner as if it were a legal debt instrument. The IRS themselves reiterate this point where they point out that the tax system is based upon voluntary compliance. Through manipulation and deceit, the IRS has managed to convince the courts that they can enforce a unpaid tax as if it were a private obligation. This case clearly points out that in fact, they cannot. So, while they may complain, beg, and otherwise make a nuisance of themselves trying to collect the voluntary tax, they cannot force you - a natural born man upon the land - to hand over the tax through debt collection tactics.

How's that? :D
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Nikki wrote:Have you been ghost-writing for Pete?
No; but after reading enough of his piffle I can spout CtC gibberish and nonsense as well as the next person....