PQI fugitive's letter from a Costa Rican jail

Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

PQI fugitive's letter from a Costa Rican jail

Post by Demosthenes »

To TT, from Costa Rican Jail
Dear Tico Times:

I have been in prison here in Costa Rica for over 10 months. It has been an interesting experience, although not one I would recommend.

The sole reason I am here is because the U.S. government has decided that differing political opinions are not to be shared with other people. So my freedom of speech and right to assemble are no longer allowed. You are no longer allowed to question your government.

I have never broken any laws in my life. I have done everything that the law requires of me by the Internal Revenue Service (not a government agency) every year on April 15. I have filed statements and net returns every year along with questions they have never answered.

Ironically, I am not being charged with willful failure to file. I am being charged with conspiracy. It seems it is OK for me to follow the law as I understand it, but not to talk about it with other people. The government is denying me my human right to free speech and the right to assemble.

I moved to Costa Rica and left the United States in 2005. I left to live in a free and beautiful country. I want to live here for the rest of my life and I am trying to get refugee status here. The U.S. government is relentlessly fighting for an answer to my status and pressuring Costar Rica for a decision on my application for refugee status; a decision that should not be made in haste for it is a decision whose repercussions will be felt by me long after this case has been forgotten.

“They” continue to use their formidable influence and power to persuade other countries to submit to their will. In this 11th hour, I am at the mercy of this country. This country I now consider my home and I'm pleading for support for my right to a thorough and informed decision, not rushed by “Goliath,” the U.S. government.

People in the United States are far less free than they are aware. I have lived my life fully believing in my constitutional rights and believing in the U.S.'s ability to stand behind its people. I have never thought that just having a different political opinion and talking about it openly with others would result in revocation of freedom. Where is the country I grew up in?

Ellen Stubenhaus
Buen Pastor Prison, Desamparados
Demo.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Re: PQI fugitive's letter from a Costa Rican jail

Post by Demosthenes »

Dr. Stubenhaus is a chiropractor.

Of course.
Demo.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia