Lawyers Endorsing Hendrickson's Book

LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Lawyers Endorsing Hendrickson's Book

Post by LPC »

From another thread:
Lorax wrote:Speaking of the professionals that post on this forum, have any of you checked out the handful of attorneys that Hendrickson claims have supported his views on his website?
Good question.

The page http://www.losthorizons.com/Cracking_the_Code.htm contains endorsements or favorable reviews with the following names: Mark C. Phillips, JD; Jerry Arnowitz, JD; Michael Carver, JD; John O'Neil Green, JD; Eric Smithers, JD; Nancy "Ana" Garner, JD.

Let's take them one by one:

Mark C. Phillips: Posts on the LH forum as MCP2012. Claims to have a degree from a law school, but admits that he never passed the bar and has never practiced law, so to call him a "lawyer" is misleading. He's also a "truther." For more, see this thread.

Jerry Arnowitz: An email list of prospective defense witnesses listed him as being from Massachusetts, and there is a Jerrold N. Arnowitz in Hopedale, MA. His practice is described as "Commercial Collections; Bankruptcy; Business Law; Corporate Law." He was admitted to the MA bar in 1972, and he has an LL.B. (not a J.D.) from Suffolk University. He was a named plaintiff in one of Bob Schulz's legal actions, and also seems to have a peculiar history of animal abuse. He posted a number of messages to the "legality-of-income-tax" Yahoo group in December 2001 attempting to understand the 861 argument, but it doesn't look like he got sucked in. No Tax Court filings, but his names comes up in one Tax Court memorandum opinion in a tax protester case in 2004, in which he tried to enter an appearance before being admitted to the bar of the court, and then got fired before trial. (See Lyndon D. Sinele v. Commissioner, T.C. Memo. 2004-137, No. 7801-02.) I'm having trouble with a PACER search, so will come back to him later.

Michael Carver: Supposed to be in New York according to the witness list. According to the NY court system, there is a Michael E. Carver who was admitted in 1984, but was suspended from the practice of law and currently lives in Miami, Florida. No information on the reason for the suspension. He's a graduate of the Cardozo School of Law (which I think is a good school).

John O'Neil Green: This name looks familiar, but I haven't yet placed it. The witness list puts him in Idaho, but there's no lawyer in Idaho by that name according to the Idaho State Bar (which is a government agency and not a bar association).

Eric Smithers: Also supposed to be in New York. NY court system lists Eric Robert Smithers, graduate of Syracuse University, admitted in 1998, and currently registered. Address given is for "Global Property [sic] Advisors" in Syracuse, NY. His name seems to be associated with real estate ventures in the Syracuse area, and my guess is that he's not really practicing law.

Nancy "Ana" Garner: A common name, and no geographical information. There's a lawyer by that name in New Mexico, but it's a common name and Hendrickson doesn't give any geographical clues, so who knows?
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Re: Lawyers Endorsing Hendrickson's Book

Post by Demosthenes »

Jerry Arnowitz aka jerryhorse is an old time name on the yahoo groups.

I kind of lost track of him after he was charged with starving his horses to the brink of death.
Demo.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

My, what a sterling round of endorsements. I'm surprised they couldn't find some of the Irwin Rommel alumnae to sign on, but then I guess most of them specialize in trying to beat traffic tickets instead of tax fantasy.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

If I recall, 1972 was in the period where law schools began converting from the LL.B (Bachelor of Laws) to the J.D. (Doctor of Jurisprudence) degree, on the premise that a graduate degree should be more than a mere bachelor's degree; and many of them did this retroactively. My grandfather, who got his law degree from Georgetown in 1915, immediately began calling himself "Doctor". I never did that myself, when I got my J.D. in 1978, because I agreed that that title belonged to those holding a Doctor of Laws degree (perhaps the degree should be something like Practitioner of Jurisprudence or something similar?).

Jerry Arnowitz, I'm guessing, was probably one of the last to get an LL.B from Suffolk.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Lorax

Post by Lorax »

Thanks for the info LPC.
echopapa

Post by echopapa »

Green is probably John O'Neill Green, who's licensed in Washington. The Washington bar lists his office address in Liberty Lake, which is right over the Idaho border.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

One imagines a endorsement panel comprising of Kafka, Pynchon and Heller.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros