16th Amendment follow up

grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Re: 16th Amendment follow up

Post by grixit »

Ok, never mind the legislators who didn't protest. Never mind the millionaires who failed to argue the point. If there was anything fishy about the 16th amendment, wouldn't Will Rogers have had something to say about it? Or Mister Dooley? Or H L Mencken? Or perhaps even Archie the cockroach?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

You'd also think that my grandfather, who well remembered the enactment of the 16th Amendment (he was at Georgetown U. at the time, and later attended their law school) and went to work for the Bureau of Internal Revenue in March of 1919, staying with it and its successor the IRS until February 1957, might have had some inkling of the amendment of of the income tax laws being sketchy; but like all but a few crackpots of the time, he had no problem accepting the validity of the income tax or of its application to everybody.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

CaptainKickback wrote:
Pottapaug1938 wrote:You'd also think that my grandfather, who well remembered the enactment of the 16th Amendment (he was at Georgetown U. at the time, and later attended their law school) and went to work for the Bureau of Internal Revenue in March of 1919, staying with it and its successor the IRS until February 1957, might have had some inkling of the amendment of of the income tax laws being sketchy; but like all but a few crackpots of the time, he had no problem accepting the validity of the income tax or of its application to everybody.
He can't be trusted though, as he had a vested interest in people accepting the 16th Amendment as valid. Otherwise he wouldn't have had a job. Let's face it, he was a shill...... LOL :whistle: :roll: :P
Yeah, I guess that, a an ex-Marine artillery captain with a law degree, he never would have found work in a national capital where the Federal government was starting to grow.... :roll:
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Yeah, I guess that, a an ex-Marine artillery captain with a law degree, he never would have found work in a national capital where the Federal government was starting to grow.... :roll:
Ahhhh, so he had a connection to Admirality-law as well:)
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

I bet if he ever wore a lampshade it had gold fringe!
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Cathulhu wrote:I bet if he ever wore a lampshade it had gold fringe!
Actually, as a child I remember seeing a small, table-top US flag on Granddad's desk -- and it had a gold fringe....
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

Yes your father was quite well known to the Illuminati. Good worker he was. Funneled money to the Soviets for their new "Federation Education Management Authority" camps which is what we model our camps on today.

Good Job Son of the House of David.
Are you saying that Ron Paul serves as a convenient chew toy to keep stupid puppies occupied so they don't roll in the garbage? -grixit
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Evil Squirrel Overlord wrote:Yes your father was quite well known to the Illuminati. Good worker he was. Funneled money to the Soviets for their new "Federation Education Management Authority" camps which is what we model our camps on today.

Good Job Son of the House of David.
Granddad was also an artillery captain in the Marines. No doubt, he secretly trained as a guard commander for the camps housing the many arrested Tax Patriots who flooded the streets to protest the evil new Amendment, and used the camps as targets for his batteries' guns.
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:
CaptainKickback wrote:Granddad was also an artillery captain in the Marines. No doubt, he secretly trained as a guard commander for the camps housing the many arrested Tax Patriots who flooded the streets to protest the evil new Amendment, and used the camps as targets for his batteries' guns.
Historically, it was the US Army that did stuff like that. It was the US Army that was turned loose on the "Bonus Army" that descended on D.C. and it was the Army that headed up the internment process in WW II. It has only been since WWII that the USMC achieved the manpower levels it enjoys today, whereas the Army and Navy have always had the lion's share of manpower.
Granddad actually saw Mac Arthur lead the US Army against the Bonus Army. He was in the downtown area with my father, and saw the troops heading past; and they walked over in the direction of the Anacostia River and saw everything happen on the other side.

In truth, I know the facts about what the Army and the Marines did; but when dealing with wackadoos who will believe just about anything, there's no need to be encumbered by facts.