Dragging Your Family Into It

Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Dragging Your Family Into It

Post by Joey Smith »

- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
Harvester

Re: Dragging Your Family Into It

Post by Harvester »

Yeah seen that. Best part of the story:
"Court officials said 222 ounces of the gold the couple acquired remains unaccounted for."
http://www.wate.com/global/story.asp?s=12116206
How ya like me now, revenue scammers!
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

You're a moron who is planning to welsh on your bet with Brandybuck, and you can dream about those ounces of gold while you try to save up to buy your wife some front teeth.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

Harvester wrote:Yeah seen that. Best part of the story:
"Court officials said 222 ounces of the gold the couple acquired remains unaccounted for."
How ya like me now, revenue scammers!
Is that supposed to prove anything?
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Thule wrote:
Harvester wrote:

Is that supposed to prove anything?
Yeah -- either Mr. and Mrs. Goldbug got ripped off by someone they trusted, or else they have it hidden where it will be of no use to them in the near future. It will be interesting to see if the present rise in gold prices turns out to be only a bubble, like tech stocks were around the turn of the millennium.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Frankly, I think it is a bubble, and I'm seriously thinking about selling some off while it's high.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I notice they don’t say what form the gold was in, so it could be anything from dust to coins, and that much in coins would easily fit in a small box, which means they probably stashed it somewhere it hasn’t been found yet, that it was overlooked in the initial search, they already spent it, or as was pointed out, one of their “friends” or some of their “family” stole it. The court was saying that according to the couple's records they had purchased that much extra gold, and so far it hadn't been found. In any case, who cares???? By the time they through paying their back taxes, the penalties, and the prosecution costs, there won’t be any of it left to matter.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

And Eastwood had his own special backup plan: buy a bride, divorce her and use her as a tax shelter, court records show.
Huh? Anyone have any idea how that was supposed to work?
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Quixote wrote:
And Eastwood had his own special backup plan: buy a bride, divorce her and use her as a tax shelter, court records show.
Maybe he had some bizarre scheme about getting huge tax deductions for alimony paid to a woman who was untraceable, tax-wise? Yeah -- wild-*ss crazy idea; but then, these wackadoos are full to bursting with them.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Quixote wrote:
He would lose assets in divorce, but they would continue living together and he would benefit from the divorce, also he would pay alimony and child support. I'm not sure if that would have helped him with taxes or not but that was his plan.
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

notorial dissent wrote:I notice they don’t say what form the gold was in, so it could be anything from dust to coins, and that much in coins would easily fit in a small box, which means they probably stashed it somewhere it hasn’t been found yet, that it was overlooked in the initial search, they already spent it, or as was pointed out, one of their “friends” or some of their “family” stole it. The court was saying that according to the couple's records they had purchased that much extra gold, and so far it hadn't been found. In any case, who cares???? By the time they through paying their back taxes, the penalties, and the prosecution costs, there won’t be any of it left to matter.
He had coins, they were in a self storage unit along with several gunsa and somewhere north of 50000 rounds of ammunintion. This case was posted eariler here when the step father and mother were arrested.
Brandybuck

Post by Brandybuck »

Cathulhu wrote:You're a moron who is planning to welsh on your bet with Brandybuck, and you can dream about those ounces of gold while you try to save up to buy your wife some front teeth.
I'm just hoping gold doesn't tank before 4/1/11...