What ever happened to Stevesy?

johnnyrie

What ever happened to Stevesy?

Post by johnnyrie »

When I started reading here, he was all the rage. Where'd he go?
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Re: What ever happened to Stevesy?

Post by LPC »

Who cares?
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

Who cares?

I could see him at a Tea Party rally, demanding a copy of our President's official birth certificate ......
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

He probably realized that his constant reiterations of the same old points was never going to get anywhere with people who actually knew something about the subjects he was trying to address, so he probably got tired and went elsewhere....

(edited for fairness. I do agree -- Stevesy was a lot more bearable than, say, Van Pelt or Harvester).
Last edited by Pottapaug1938 on Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

Unfair. I could get irritated with Stevesy, but he did his own research and had some hard and fast ideals that he stuck with. Not a troll like Harvey.
"My Health is Better in November."
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Prof wrote:Unfair. I could get irritated with Stevesy, but he did his own research and had some hard and fast ideals that he stuck with. Not a troll like Harvey.
I agree, he wasn't a troll. Was he almost always wrong about everything? yes. But, I didn't mind him so much.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Imalawman wrote:I didn't mind him so much.
You would have had he published personal information about your octogenarian father.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

My only real problem with Stevesy was his lack of intellectual honesty in terms of acknowledging that he was wrong when confronted with overwhelming evidence of such. In that way, he is no different than Harvester when confronted with the definition of "includes."
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

wserra wrote:
Imalawman wrote:I didn't mind him so much.
You would have had he published personal information about your octogenarian father.
I wasn't aware of that. Yes, that would change my perspective.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

He asked me to write and tell you all that he is alive and doing well in the FEMA camp. He gets three square meals a day and has hot and cold running water in the privy. Tell Uncle Joe the work isn't bad either if you don't mind working in the sun. He is learning a useful skills at the camp.
Are you saying that Ron Paul serves as a convenient chew toy to keep stupid puppies occupied so they don't roll in the garbage? -grixit
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

Evil Squirrel Overlord wrote:He asked me to write and tell you all that he is alive and doing well in the FEMA camp.
And he don't have to pay taxes either.
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
Bud Dickman

Post by Bud Dickman »

Last I heard the government was supporting his estranged family while he off was spouting anti government tirades. 8)
johnnyrie

Post by johnnyrie »

I heard today that he's somewhere in the tribal region of Douchebagistan, which is adjacent to Frickentardistan. It's too bad the government is not cooperative there. All kidding aside, the contrary views here are the most entertaining in some instances and where Harvester has grown tiresome quickly, Stevesy had a certain staying power that annoyed sufficiently, but without beating you over the head with ludicrosity.
Harvester

Post by Harvester »

Ha! I used to live near there. Sweet memories . . ain't so much the woman that I really miss, it's the double-wide trailer and that satellite dish. . . .

PS. what about them revenooers you keep talkin 'bout, what's takin 'em so long?
SteveSy

Post by SteveSy »

I ran across this while searching for something else. SteveSy is alive and well.

I stopped posting here because it became boring. I argued every single angle I could possibly think of and received hundreds of responses. I was looking for an adversarial position so that I could test my theories. I accomplished my mission. I learned a lot here, more than I could have possibly learned anywhere else I think when it comes to these types of discussions. It incentivized me to do research I probably would have never done had I not been here. Debating with someone or a group that will agree to just about anything as long as it is in disagreement with the opposition is intellectually dishonest.

While I realize all or most think I'm totally off the deep end the feeling is reciprocal. If anything it was fun for a while...

Hope all of you well, even you Dan...and good luck destroying all of those evil tax protestors...you're going to need it considering more and more people are worse off than ever and wondering why they’re paying for government crap when they’re barely making it themselves. It’s a perfect breeding ground…people are thankfully not as passive anymore.
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

Good to hear you are alive and well -- and still kicking.
"My Health is Better in November."
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Forget the fishies. Hows the blue pulsing xenia doing? They're easy to keep for a few months and a bitch to keep alive after that.
Demo.
silversopp

Post by silversopp »

SteveSy wrote:Hope all of you well, even you Dan...and good luck destroying all of those evil tax protestors...
Dan's FAQ is doesn't destroy tax protesters. It helps them by showing them how the courts have ruled on each TP argument. The gurus taking TPs money will never tell them that their legal theories have been tried for years unsucessfully. No one has had their lives destroyed by following the law.

Followers of tax protester gurus are the ones who actually have their lives destroyed. Their finances are ruined, their marriages end, and they can find themselves in prison. Look at the lives of the shining starts of the TP movement: Pete's in prison, Ed's in prison, Van Pelt is homeless. Their followers lose case after case...never a single victory in the whole movement.
It’s a perfect breeding ground…people are thankfully not as passive anymore.
SteveSy's right that it's a perfect breeding ground for more suckers who are desperate enough to try anything. Who will be the next guru to lead the lemmings off of a cliff? Maybe Steve or Harvey?
SteveSy

Post by SteveSy »

Demosthenes wrote:Forget the fishies. Hows the blue pulsing xenia doing? They're easy to keep for a few months and a bitch to keep alive after that.
It died as did most of my other corals :(

I got some kind of parasite that killed most of them, almost all died before I knew how to fix it. All of the fishies lived though, still very depressing. Happened about 6 months ago.
SteveSy

Post by SteveSy »

silversopp wrote:
SteveSy wrote:Hope all of you well, even you Dan...and good luck destroying all of those evil tax protestors...
Dan's FAQ is doesn't destroy tax protesters. It helps them by showing them how the courts have ruled on each TP argument. The gurus taking TPs money will never tell them that their legal theories have been tried for years unsucessfully. No one has had their lives destroyed by following the law.

Followers of tax protester gurus are the ones who actually have their lives destroyed. Their finances are ruined, their marriages end, and they can find themselves in prison. Look at the lives of the shining starts of the TP movement: Pete's in prison, Ed's in prison, Van Pelt is homeless. Their followers lose case after case...never a single victory in the whole movement.
It’s a perfect breeding ground…people are thankfully not as passive anymore.
SteveSy's right that it's a perfect breeding ground for more suckers who are desperate enough to try anything. Who will be the next guru to lead the lemmings off of a cliff? Maybe Steve or Harvey?
Ok, good luck destroying the evil tax protestor promoters then lol. The people who take money from others so that they teach them how they can rank higher on the pervebial IRS hit list deserve to go. Times are tough already no need in inviting the IRS to kick you will you're down.

But, I've long since gave up on debating, arguing or thinking about all of that stuff. Learned what I wanted ...I'm done. My arguments are purely political these days.

ps. If you meant I might be the next promoter by writing "Steve" then you must have forgotten who I am...never was that type of person. Never argued my theories any place but here, never once told anyone they shouldn't file, pay taxes etc.