Submarine Veteran Returns

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: Submarine Veteran Returns

Post by wserra »

Now, now, all you nattering nabobs of negativism. Gotta keep your eyes on what matters - that UnderWater doesn't have to pay income tax. Hendrickson, Rosie, Schiff, Haraka, whoever - the end is more important than the means.

Unless it comes to a Cheek defense. Man, will that be a joke. "OK, Mr. UW, today is Wednesday, right? Why is it that you don't have to pay income tax today?"
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

wserra wrote:Now, now, all you nattering nabobs of negativism.
You do know that you reached in and scraped the bottom of the barrel by relying on Spiro Agnewspeak, right?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
RyanMcC

Post by RyanMcC »

The Observer wrote:
wserra wrote:Now, now, all you nattering nabobs of negativism.
You do know that you reached in and scraped the bottom of the barrel by relying on Spiro Agnewspeak, right?
SubVet Agnew wrote:I apologize for lying to you. I promise I won't deceive you except in matters of this sort.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Five days have passed without Submarine Veteran gracing us with his presence. It seems safe to assume that he has, once again, left the building without answering the same basic question he refused to answer the last time he was here. Let's repeat it:

[FinalJeopardyMusic]Since you were last here, of course, the Sixth Circuit has affirmed the injunction against Hendrickson. When the Circuit denies rehearing, and the Supreme Court denies cert., will you then agree that he is wrong about the law?[/FinalJeopardyMusic]
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

wserra wrote:Five days have passed without Submarine Veteran gracing us with his presence. It seems safe to assume that he has, once again, left the building without answering the same basic question he refused to answer the last time he was here. Let's repeat it:

[FinalJeopardyMusic]Since you were last here, of course, the Sixth Circuit has affirmed the injunction against Hendrickson. When the Circuit denies rehearing, and the Supreme Court denies cert., will you then agree that he is wrong about the law?[/FinalJeopardyMusic]
It appears that SubVet has more important things to do.
SubVet wrote: There are many of us that are fighting the improper actions of the IRSS, myself included. As Patrick indicates, this will soon be the least of our problems. Stock up on food, ammunition, a good rifle and a brace of pistols, and whatever is left in silver and gold. Ensure you have a gravity-fed water filter. Take care of any outstanding health issues soon. Get a good first-aid kit together. Contact your friends and family and get a plan together to remain safe when the sheeple start to riot when the food trucks stop delivering to the market. The end is now plainly in sight. If you have a refuge, make preparations to get there and hunker down for a long winter. It won't be long before the IRSS agents are all doing the same thing as the government paper will no longer buy anything and they'll stay home to care for their families too.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Ah, another underwhelming, flaccid performance by SubVet. As noted earlier in the thread, the last time SubVet breezed in -- and then ducked out -- without answering our questions, it was 106 days before he returned. Since his most recent post appears to have been on September 16th, and on the basis of at least the possibility of another 106 day wait, I would expect his next post might be no earlier than....

December 31, 2008!!

Hey, if SubVet returns before that date, he will have at least shown some improvement!

I'm not gonna hold my breath waiting for him to answer our questions, though -- even if he does return.

He's "all hat and no cattle."
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

UGA Lawdog wrote:I don't know why this didn't occur to me earlier, but shouldn't this thread be called "Submarine Veteran Resurfaces"? :D
Yeah, but we didn't get to see much more than the periscope. And, of course, the "conning" tower.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conning_tower

"Conning" tower?

Get it?

Conning tower?

OK, I'll go back to my room now......
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

And, of course, while Submarine Veteran spends his time trying to "con" us with his hokey rhetoric, if he refuses to pay his taxes or file his returns according to law and he isn't careful, he might end up as a "con[vict]" and then, some day, like PeterEricBlowhardMeister Hendrickson, he'll be just another ex-con. Not that I think we will ever CONvince him he's wrong.

It's something he should CONsider.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

There are many of us that are fighting the improper actions of the IRSS, myself included. As Patrick indicates, this will soon be the least of our problems. Stock up on food, ammunition, a good rifle and a brace of pistols, and whatever is left in silver and gold. Ensure you have a gravity-fed water filter. Take care of any outstanding health issues soon. Get a good first-aid kit together. Contact your friends and family and get a plan together to remain safe when the sheeple start to riot when the food trucks stop delivering to the market. The end is now plainly in sight. If you have a refuge, make preparations to get there and hunker down for a long winter. It won't be long before the IRSS agents are all doing the same thing as the government paper will no longer buy anything and they'll stay home to care for their families too.
Anyone else have any trouble imagining him sitting in the basement pleasuring himself as he watches Red Dawn on an endless loop?
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
RyanMcC

Post by RyanMcC »

Famspear wrote:And, of course, while Submarine Veteran spends his time trying to "con" us with his hokey rhetoric, if he refuses to pay his taxes or file his returns according to law and he isn't careful, he might end up as a "con[vict]" and then, some day, like PeterEricBlowhardMeister Hendrickson, he'll be just another ex-con. Not that I think we will ever CONvince him he's wrong.

You continue to constantly confute the confused constitutional conclusions of the contemptuous conspirator.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

RyanMcC wrote:
Famspear wrote:And, of course, while Submarine Veteran spends his time trying to "con" us with his hokey rhetoric, if he refuses to pay his taxes or file his returns according to law and he isn't careful, he might end up as a "con[vict]" and then, some day, like PeterEricBlowhardMeister Hendrickson, he'll be just another ex-con. Not that I think we will ever CONvince him he's wrong.

You continue to constantly confute the confused constitutional conclusions of the contemptuous conspirator.
I contemplate the connotations!
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Famspear wrote: "Conning" tower?

Get it?

Conning tower?

OK, I'll go back to my room now......
I did chuckle a little - so you can come out now.
Paul

Post by Paul »

I don't know why this didn't occur to me earlier, but shouldn't this thread be called "Submarine Veteran Resurfaces"?
You mean like the Kursk?
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

UGA Lawdog wrote:shouldn't this thread be called "Submarine Veteran Resurfaces"?
I wish I had said that.

(You will, Oscar. You will.)
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

I think it should be, "Submarine Veteran Submerges Yet Again!"

Or, maybe, "Submarine Veteran Sinks Beneath the Waves Yet Once More!"
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Subvet retreats from a barrage of depth charges.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4