Snipes and Southern Eats

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Nikki wrote:This just in from Washington, DC:

31 degrees with freezing rain and wall-to-wall protestors.
(Roe v. Wade)
True believers who are prepared to work for change. I hope they fail, but note the diffeence between them and the squishy soft tp "supporters".
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

grixit wrote:
Nikki wrote:This just in from Washington, DC:

31 degrees with freezing rain and wall-to-wall protestors.
(Roe v. Wade)
True believers who are prepared to work for change. I hope they fail, but note the diffeence between them and the squishy soft tp "supporters".
It appears that 70 - 80% of the "true believers" are high school kids who have been shuttled in from the regional parochial schools.

Based on conversations I overheard, their main "true belief" is in getting a day off of school and a chance to do tourist things in town.
iplawyer

Post by iplawyer »

never ate organ meat in any form
Tell that to my grandmother who made me suffer through scrambled eggs and brains on a number of occassions. I agree - no organs in sausage - ever. Just everything leftover from cutting the other named pieces like chops and roasts. The outside layer of fat was rendered into lard - but all of the other fat filled pieces were thrown into sausage. My grandmother's sausage is still my all time favorite - and she took her recipe to the grave. She used lots of extra red pepper too.

Some people still do their own sausage where I'm from and I have some when I go home occasionally. I don't know if I think it is better because it is what I grew up with - or what. To me it is just better. For smoked links, there isn't anything better than Kelly brand sausage.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Home-made Pennsylvania-style venison scrapple :!:
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

bye thread.
Demo.