Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Peter of England: A REal guru.

Post by Losleones »

Superb, 9.1
Score from 144 reviews
The Three Cocks Coaching Inn
Glasbury • ( 0.3 miles from centre )
In a 15th-century building, The Three Cocks Inn is located in the village of Three Cocks in the Wye Valley. It has spacious bedrooms featuring original wooden beams, home-cooked food and free parking....
Last booked: yesterday

A possible meeting place for PoE & mods? :snicker:
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Fmotlgroupie wrote:So Burnaby, as a former CRA employee as well as an expert on interesting parts of Northern England, can you offer any insights on the beauty of Hull vs the City Formerly Known As Hull?
I started going to Hull, and Hessle, in the 1950s to visit family and only stopped after an aunt who lived in Hessle died in 2007. Hull, while rough and ready, was a pretty decent place until Britain lost the cod wars. When fishing collapsed so did the town's economic base and they never found anything to replace it. Since there is no real economy there (at least when I last visited) I have no insights to pass on as a former CRA employee. You need to make money before the taxman gets interested.

It has (or had) some great pubs, the Minerva, The Whalebone, Ye Olde Black Boy, Ye Olde Blue Bell. The Punch isn't much but the building is fantastic. My great-aunt Florrie worked behind the bar there, and at the Criterion, for over 50 years.

I've posted about Hull's idea of entrtainment in Quatloos;

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=9616&start=140#p179375
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Wow! I think you got the wrong meaning of my post. My father was born in Nelson & it's particularly grim. I was born in Preston & my advice would be to swerve it as that is the champion of shitholes in NW England which i don't believe has many decent CAMRA ale houses.Sorry for any confusion in my post
Perhaps I'm being too sensitive but the insinuation that Burnay49 is too genteel to wallow in the muck demanded a response. If you have a Nelson/Preston background you know exactly what I'm talking about when I discuss them. The area around Nelson is great, Pendle Hill, the canal walk to Barnoldswick, Barrowford and Barley, the Blue Pig WMC in Midgehole. But when I visit the area I stay well clear of Nelson. I stay here;

http://www.stayinlancs.co.uk/

Or at the Pendle Inn.

http://www.pendle-inn.co.uk/contact/

I've hit a few pubs in Preston. I liked the Market Tavern but the rest weren't much.

I'm still sticking with my opinion of Hartlepool. I spent a night there a few years ago. Probably the saddest excuse for a town I've seen. Entire blocks abandoned and boarded up. This is their idea of a tourist attraction;

"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

Fmotlgroupie

Post by Fmotlgroupie »

Burnaby49 wrote:
Fmotlgroupie wrote:So Burnaby, as a former CRA employee as well as an expert on interesting parts of Northern England, can you offer any insights on the beauty of Hull vs the City Formerly Known As Hull?
I started going to Hull, and Hessle, in the 1950s to visit family and only stopped after an aunt who lived in Hessle died in 2007. Hull, while rough and ready, was a pretty decent place until Britain lost the cod wars. When fishing collapsed so did the town's economic base and they never found anything to replace it. Since there is no real economy there (at least when I last visited) I have no insights to pass on as a former CRA employee. You need to make money before the taxman gets interested.

It has (or had) some great pubs, the Minerva, The Whalebone, Ye Olde Black Boy, Ye Olde Blue Bell. The Punch isn't much but the building is fantastic. My great-aunt Florrie worked behind the bar there, and at the Criterion, for over 50 years.

I've posted about Hull's idea of entrtainment in Quatloos;

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=9616&start=140#p179375
Sorry, just thought you might have been relegated to national CRA meetings in the former Quebec city of Hull (across from Ottawa), best known for freeways, giant government office buildings and shady bars (often on the same street!)

My only real Hull story is that I had a colleague who was stabbed in the buttocks in a bar there (with a knife or something -get all your minds out of the gutter!)

Anyways, sorry to distract from the thread (mostly a waiting game for the train wreck, but it should be an entertaining wreck when it comes)
Bones

Post by Bones »

What is it with the Fleece pub, is it an in joke between the guru's ?

Now Michael of Bernicia is holding a money raising event there

https://www.facebook.com/events/1571870029740143/

Michael of Bernicia @ The Dignity Alliance

A frontline campaigner for mortgage justice, Michael of Bernicia makes a return visit to the Ashton Meet to bring us up to date on all that has been happening since he was last with us in 2013. If you have a mortgage or are just interested in how the mortgage and justice industries really do work then this is one not to miss.

This is a public event however troublemakers will be removed. The event will be staffed by Dignity Alliance volunteers.

The presentation will be professionally recorded for public distribution so please bear this in mind for the seminar event and be on your best behaviour.

There is no charge at the door but we do ask that you show your kind appreciation for the valuable time and effort of all our volunteer speakers by making a donation (no problem if you can't afford to) to cover travel and venue expenses. The conference room has capacity for 100 bums on seats so do come early to avoid disappointment.

Pub downstairs (show appreciation to the pub host by buying a few drinks) and a chippy and Chinese round the corner.

See you there!!

PLEASE, PLEASE HELP US ADVERTISE THIS EVENT . THESE SUNDAY MEETS ARE ORGANISED FOR FREE TO BRING TOP SPEAKERS AND TOP INFORMATION TO YOU. THESE EVENTS WILL ONLY CONTINUE AS LONG AS WE ARE FILLING THE ROOM AND GETTING THE INFO OUT THERE. NEW PEOPLE WILL ONLY COME IF EVERYONE HELPS ADVERTISE FOR US. THANK YOU...
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Odd that Bernicia doesn't mention his involvement in Tom's case.
slowsmile

Post by slowsmile »

Bones wrote:What is it with the Fleece pub, is it an in joke between the guru's ?

Now Michael of Bernicia is holding a money raising event there

https://www.facebook.com/events/1571870029740143/
Hi Bones - have already noted the O'Bonkers meeting on the previous page - as well as PoE appearing there previously on 10 May.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Sorry, just thought you might have been relegated to national CRA meetings in the former Quebec city of Hull (across from Ottawa), best known for freeways, giant government office buildings and shady bars (often on the same street!)
Didn't cross my mind you were alluding to Hull Quebec. I lived in Ottawa from 1972 to 1975 and Hull, such as it was, supplied Ottawa's nightlife. Happily the expansion of government offices into Hull happened after my time so I wasn't forced to spend working hours there. I never witnessed a bar stabbing but it was certainly that kind of place.

Losleones

Post by Losleones »

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... WysH3CkqK0

I wonder if your allowed to ask the questions which led to locked thread over on GOOFy at the next meeting or will bouncers be employed to eject anyone bold enough to pose the obvious questions. For Eg : "Re isn't legal currency Peter, so how will this work?"

"When this scam is scuppered by TPTB will i get a refund for my counterfeit cheques & monthly subs before you go to prison?"

"Only messin Peter here's the hard cash for a yrs long membership, I'm in!"
:snicker:
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Losleones wrote:Superb, 9.1
Score from 144 reviews
The Three Cocks Coaching Inn
Glasbury • ( 0.3 miles from centre )
In a 15th-century building, The Three Cocks Inn is located in the village of Three Cocks in the Wye Valley. It has spacious bedrooms featuring original wooden beams, home-cooked food and free parking....
Last booked: yesterday

A possible meeting place for PoE & mods? :snicker:
Doesn't sound like something that crowd can afford.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

Losleones wrote: The Three Cocks
That`ll be Taylor, Ceylon and Crawford, then.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Burnaby49 wrote: I'm still sticking with my opinion of Hartlepool. I spent a night there a few years ago. Probably the saddest excuse for a town I've seen. Entire blocks abandoned and boarded up. This is their idea of a tourist attraction;

Why not? Don't most UK sovs want to be Andy Capp? Pub, snooker, pigeons-- and some high impact aerobics with the other half. And no job.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

Peter's new website seemed more legal, less fraudulent, than the previous one. (By "fraudulent", I mean Peter making untrue and misleading representations, knowing them to be untrue and misleading, intending to cause loss to others and gains for himself.) A load of stuff on his old site wasn't on the new one.

I now suspect he simply hadn't go around to copying it. His Benefits page already claimed:
There is movement to prepare cheque books which every client will possess. This book will allow you to pay for utilities and other services as well as taxes and miscellaneous goods.
But now WeRe Bank's front page contains some additional text that was copied from the old site, moving it further away from being legal.
Peter wrote:“Don’t Fight it! Just Pay it!”
The WeRe Bank chequeing account from ReMovement provides you with

ASSURED DEBT ERADICATION ON ALL “PUBLIC SIDE OF THE LEDGER LIABILITIES” as follows:

CREDIT CARD DEBTS

BANKRUPTCY SETTLEMENTS

MORTGAGE RE-PAYMENTS

MORTGAGE ARREARS
CREDIT AGREEMENTS

CREDIT CARD RE-PAYMENTS

STUDENT LOANS

CREDIT CARD ARREARS
COUNCIL TAX DEMANDS

COUNCIL TAX ARREARS

TV LICENCE

ROAD TAX

H.M.R.C - VAT, PAYE, SA, FINES
COURT FINES - ANY DEMAND FOR PAYMENT FROM H.M.Courts

SHERIFF OR BAILIFF ORDERS/WARRANTS FOR MONETARY ORDERS

SPEEDING, PARKING TICKETS - ANY POLICE ENFORCEMENT ORDERS

VEHICLE, TRACTOR, MACHINERY CREDIT REPAYMENTS
PROBATE DEBTS - FAMILY ESTATE

UTILITIES - GAS, WATER, ELECTRIC
This is very explicit: debts due to HMRC etc will be eradicated by a WeRe cheque.

Peter doesn't claim that WeRe Bank will honour cheques by following the sucker's instruction to pay HMRC or whoever. Peter's claim is merely that the debt will be eradicated. But this claim is false. Even real banks don't make this claim. A cheque may be rejected for many reasons, even if the bank is solvent and the payer's account has sufficient funds.

On his FAQ How to ensure your cheque clears?, after suggesting you take your girlfriend to witness you delivering the cheque, point 7 says:
Peter wrote:7.The bank MUST present the cheque for clearing - no questions, no debate no wiggle room! It's THE LAW.
But it isn't the law. No law says the payee, or the payee's bank, MUST present the cheque.

Peter's wording is "present the cheque for clearing". But the Bills of Exchange Act 1882 doesn't use this phrase. Cheques are presented to the drawer's bank, not for clearing but for paying. Peter has claimed many times that he "clears" cheques, for example over the phone. This is a false representation of what the drawer's bank should do: it should pay, as requested on the cheque.

Peter has always said, and still says, that he won't pay. On his FAQ Why do we ask for payments in £ sterling when you claim you have your own unit of money of account? he says:
Peter wrote:Also you should be fully aware that any cheque signed off in STG £ is honoured to the PAYEE not in STERLING but in Re units – which are “monetary units of account” “cheque book money” or “bank ledger money of account”.
So cheques bounce somewhere along the line. The sucker still hasn't paid his HMRC tax bill. The FAQ How to ensure your cheque clears? has some final advice:
Peter wrote:8. Stand firm - make the NOTARIAL PROTEST if they refuse and then tell them you'll see them in court.
Yes, court cases will happen. Perhaps they already have. A sucker is taken to court for not paying his bills. "I paid it with a rubber cheque" won't work.

Peter's claims that his rubber cheques will eradicate debts are false.
slowsmile

Post by slowsmile »

That smacks of desperation - as does having another meeting at the same place he had one a couple of weeks ago - his cash take must be dwindling rapidly. I do wonder if he's holed up in a little circuit with no ANPR cameras.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Burnaby49 wrote:Setting up fake meetings in Hartlepool? That's just cruel. I spent a night there a few years ago. The most depressing British town I've been to and I speak as one who has spent a lot of time in Hull.
Oi! :x

I live in Hull through choice and it's a great place for pubs, clubs, real ale and such like.

Mind you... I wasn't educated here as evidence by the fact I'm literate :lol:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

longdog wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote:Setting up fake meetings in Hartlepool? That's just cruel. I spent a night there a few years ago. The most depressing British town I've been to and I speak as one who has spent a lot of time in Hull.
Oi! :x

I live in Hull through choice and it's a great place for pubs, clubs, real ale and such like.

Mind you... I wasn't educated here as evidence by the fact I'm literate :lol:
You and Philip Larkin. I agree it is a good place for pubs. As I said,
And Ye Olde White Hart. How could I have forgotten that! If your tastes run to boozers like the Strickie it has plenty of those too.

longdog

Post by longdog »

Burnaby49 wrote:
Fmotlgroupie wrote:It has (or had) some great pubs, the Minerva, The Whalebone, Ye Olde Black Boy, Ye Olde Blue Bell. The Punch isn't much but the building is fantastic. My great-aunt Florrie worked behind the bar there, and at the Criterion, for over 50 years.
The first four are still going and still good.

The punch is a shadow of it's former self and the Criterion was shut last time I went past which, given its unsavoury smack-head and shoplifter clientèle towards the end, is no sad loss.

There are about half a dozen new real ale pubs in the old town too which is all to the good.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

The last time I went to the Criterion the patrons appalled me and I'm used to boozer dumps. I drank up quickly and got out. It was like drinking in the old Cobalt in Vancouver but with a slightly better ambience.

wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

by bertiebert » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:17 am

its a pity really, because there is so much progress with the WeRe bank, and no where to put it, without adding many new threads on the main news page..
a few examples ..
Many cheques have been sent out and over 12,000 will be in the market place as of the first week of June 2015. Most have NOT been returned and most have NOT been questioned by the banks and card companies.

strong backing from Germany, Iceland, Holland, Ireland and India.
http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... W13ADTF98E
I have seen no evidence of any of this particularly the "strong backing" of these countries. So we only have bullshit bertie`s word for it.
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

wanglepin wrote:
by bertiebert » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:17 am

its a pity really, because there is so much progress with the WeRe bank, and no where to put it, without adding many new threads on the main news page..
a few examples ..
Many cheques have been sent out and over 12,000 will be in the market place as of the first week of June 2015. Most have NOT been returned and most have NOT been questioned by the banks and card companies.

strong backing from Germany, Iceland, Holland, Ireland and India.
http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... W13ADTF98E
I have seen no evidence of any of this particularly the "strong backing" of these countries. So we only have bullshit bertie`s word for it.
Indeed a crock of shit. If all was swimmingly they'd have an open thread with all the progress BertieBassett mentions. Germany getting involved? Mmmmmmm :thinking:
12k counterfeit cheques is going to cause a lot of unwanted headaches for the "legit" banks & Peter better operate more phone lines from his central office in order to clear the increasing supply of fraudulent cheques :snicker: This is going to be hilarious when it goes belly up but at least Peter will be in profit albeit doing some porridge